It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens Harley-Davidson with taxes ‘like never before’ and eventual collapse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It just cracks me up to no end to hear Trump say "A Harley should not be build in another country-never!"

Is he really just that ignorant? Or trying to distract all his followers? Not a good situation either way. Why won't his sheep call him out on such an outrageous statement?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A "proper" Harley is made in the USA.
Much like a zippo lighter is.(And I know some were made in Canada)

By producing them in some Eastern European country, they will only dilute the brand to the point at which it loses the cachet which is it's main selling point. (Let's face it, no one buys a Harley for either the performance, braking or general handling).

I own two, one made in the US in 1988 (First of the evo 1200s) and one made in the Italian Aermacchi factory and badged up as a Harley SX250 dirt bike. So this isn't the first case of foreign made Harleys, but it will be the first case of the "big 'uns" made abroad.

Maybe it will work out, like Mexican Strats did, but somehow I doubt it.
edit on 35pMon, 09 Jul 2018 02:56:35 -050020182018-07-09T02:56:35-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: wow my fingers are fat today

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join