It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep Keith Ellison Compares Trump’s ‘Racist, Ugly’ Travel Ban to Dred Scott Decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

U.S. Congressman Keith Ellison on CNN says the Travel Ban (upheld by the Supreme Court as Constitutional) is a Dred Scott decision 😃

He is also Deputy Chair of the DNC !!

So his "opinions" go far and wide inside the Democrat Machine.

So I guess we can add "anti-Constitution" to the long list of things Democrats "stand" for 🤧

Rep Keith Ellison Compares Trump’s ‘Racist, Ugly’ Travel Ban to Dred Scott Decision

Tuesday on CNN’s “At This Hour,” Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) reacted to the Supreme Court upholding President Donald Trump’s travel ban on several majority Muslim nations.

Ellison compared the decision to Dred Scott v. Sandford, that ruled slaves had no standing to sue in federal court. The Fourteenth Amendment overturned Dred Scott by granting citizenship, regardless of color, to all people born in the United States.

Ellison said, “All I can say is the people who believe in dignity of all people, who believe in freedom of faith, freedom of religion in America, we’re not going to stop fighting. In fact this will enliven us, inspire us to push even further and harder to establish the dignity of all people in this country. We’re not daunted here. We’re going to keep on pressing. It just proves one thing, if you steal and rip off a Supreme Court justice, then you can try to jam any kind of nasty racist ugly policy you can down the throats of the American people.”

2nd article...
Keith Ellison predicts travel ban decision will end up in 'dust bin of history'

⚖👁⚖

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The United States version of Sadiq Khan! He should govern and stop trying to destroy our Republic! Perhaps citizens should confront him at restaurants, gas station and in public??? All in the name of peaceful protest of course.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wow

It just proves one thing, if you steal and rip off a Supreme Court justice, then you can try to jam any kind of nasty racist ugly policy you can down the throats of the American people.

If you don't get your way crap on the institution. It is the SCOTUS's fault that Trump was able to nominate a justice(and perhaps 2 more).
Well done sir.
Well done.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They just don't get it... they really don't.

Give people a platform they want to see and people will line up to vote democrat again... shout hysterically from the hill tops making absurd and pointless comparison and people are going to roll their eyes and turn the Kardashian's back on.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Racist ???

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ellison is a known racist dirt bag! He should hookup wix Maxine and spawn the anti-christ

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This should piss off every person that came to the states legally. I paid a good deal of money to get my wifes Visa, and I am paying a pantload to get my British Visa. Screw ALL illegals.

And how do you conflate not letting people who are not even in this country, with a freed slave? BTW, slavery is illegal, just like trapsing across any countries border without the proper reason.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Dear Rep Ellison

you mad brah?

You want to bring people from other countries to America on boats

these people typically don't know the language and have minimal high tech skills

They get paid like people that don't know the language and have minimal high tech skills

Rep Ellison, should these people call you and all of your big business donors, looking for cheap labor, master??

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Ok, you know I am really sick of this country right about now.

Do any of these idiots understand law? It is an f'ing disgrace this supreme court decision was 5-4 and not 9-0.

Only willful denial of the clear law that gives the president the right to do whatever the hell he wants to with our immigration policy allows anyone to come to the conclusion the Travel ban is not allowed.

To have a hissy fit at the decision shows these scum don't want to live under the rule of law, they want anarchy.

There are a lot of laws that suck. Guess what - congress is the mechanism for getting them changed - if you don't have the votes to get it passed in congress the majority of the country does not agree with you that it should be changed so F off.

There are plenty of laws and policies I want changed today - but you don't see me or other people on the right out protesting and harassing democratic congressmen because they wont change immigration law.

Why in the hell do these leftist scum think their opinion is all that matters and they get to circumvent law and the will of the majority?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Ellison needs educated unless of course he is an agent provocateur which what I am guessing many of our elected officials are at this point because hardly any of them know how to actually do their job?

]]

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The ban is so racist that every single Muslim majority country is banned....wait.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
The ban is so racist that every single Muslim majority country is banned....wait.

No one said Trump wasn't above making exceptions for money and arms dealing. Such an outsider president... wait.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Got some proof of that?

Because the list for this ban came from Obama.

Oops.

new topics

top topics

join