It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Switching Political Parties As #WalkAway Movement Gains Momentum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
I don't hate republicans.
I don't hate democrats.
I don't hate moderates.

I JUST HATE TRUMP. He's an embarrassment to the human race.

How so?
Other than be a meanie head...
By my standards he's doing alright.
Did you see the recent earnings growth?
Did you notice you get a little more per paycheck(if you are employed)?
Not to mention averting nuclear armageddon with north Korea. But yeah embarrassment...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I don't hate democrats.
I don't hate moderates.

Hate is part of toxic masculinity, Might I suggest drinking some more soy milk?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Some Democrats have had enough of the hateful rhetoric spewing from the media and a few Democratic politicians. They finally are realizing that they are becoming more like the radical left...a political party that's acting more like a social justice movement, that believes in censoring and ridiculing anything that goes against their core values and beliefs. Their self-righteousness has manifested in a hateful, zero tolerant attitude towards Republicans and Conservatives, which has now resulted in the harassment of people:

This may be the best paragraph I've read on ATS for a long time now. Very succinct.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Sarcasm escapes most people on this site.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hubert Humphrey was the last Minn. Farm Labor Political leader. The radical lefties can't do much if you decide to elevate H.H.'s ideas back into the party. A lot of Trumps patented new jobs, will go to and for robotics. So maybe raising H.H.'s ideas from the trashcan, will work pretty well?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: AboveBoard

The Dems being angry AND violent, is the reason #WalkAway is there.

Go to twitter and type in #walkaway or #walkawaymovement

Go where it started @usminority

Are some of the tweets not democrats, absolutely. Are a majority of the tweets former liberals....yeah

Yeah. I just looked.

Hate to say this but a LOT of those tweets look like they come from Bot accounts.

Another wave of Divide and Conquer courtesy of you friendly international internet Bots.

Wheeeeeee! Are y’all dizzy yet??

Out of curiousity, how does one determine a tweet (or any other social media) was posted by a bot account? Since folks now seem to have no concern for using grammar or for using actual confirmed words (with actual dictionary definitions), what gives a bot post away? Or is it another example of “You don’t agree with me, you must be a bot”?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Now we need to #walkaway from the GOP, who is anything but conservative and seems to actually represent liberal fiscal values.

In fact, i'd like to see us abandon social designations entirely. Its ridiculous to divide ourselves up based on how much we want to screw over others.

Amen to that good sir, amen to that.

We have seen nothing but being hijacked from both sides, and neither with the gal to fight for what they believe in.

I fear that this is just a continual process of label jumping until people actually have the courage of their convictions.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I was replying to a left leaning member, I wasn't really putting in my sentiment, just pointing out one of the reasons people are disgruntled with the DNC right now.

That said, you must think the president has more power than they do, he wouldn't have been able to get 3/4 of what he wanted through the House and Senate.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Lol no he couldn't.. Lol

😂 😂

Jaden

It doesn't really make a difference to me, as I said to someone else I doubt he'd be able to get much of what he wanted through the House and Senate.

That said, he very well could have won. He was more liked than Hillary (everyone is), and she still won the popular vote.

Most Bernie supporters wanted dramatic change and someone who isn't a bought politician... Many of them switched to Trump after the DNC screwed him.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

The Dems being angry AND violent, is the reason #WalkAway is there.

Go to twitter and type in #walkaway or #walkawaymovement

Go where it started @usminority

Are some of the tweets not democrats, absolutely. Are a majority of the tweets former liberals....yeah

Yeah. I just looked.

Hate to say this but a LOT of those tweets look like they come from Bot accounts.

Another wave of Divide and Conquer courtesy of you friendly international internet Bots.

Wheeeeeee! Are y’all dizzy yet??

Out of curiousity, how does one determine a tweet (or any other social media) was posted by a bot account? Since folks now seem to have no concern for using grammar or for using actual confirmed words (with actual dictionary definitions), what gives a bot post away? Or is it another example of “You don’t agree with me, you must be a bot”?

Here is an excellent article from someone who deeply researched this topic:

How to Recognize a Bot on Twitter

He created a bot army to see how it worked.

There are some easy first steps too - when was the account created, how many followers does it have, does it seem generated in order to respond to a particular topic, has it tweeted anything other than support for that specific topoc, does it support other accounts also generated on the same day that are supporting the same topic, etc. Some are obvious fakes with, let’s say, a white male military vet from the Heartland who somehow speaks in non-English syntax and phrasing.

After a while, one can spot them easily. Still, if you want to be certain, there are in-depth things that you can do.

OR you can go to this site and let it do the hard part for you: Bot.check.me

All that being said, some people like to call folks they don’t agree with a bit without doing any legwork at all, or they might make a mistake. Sometimes there is a real person but they are using a fake persona so it is more refined than a bot.

Anyway. Hope that helps!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I think the best measure to take against bots on social media is to only use it to socialize and not stump, argue, debate, or proselytize.

It baffles me how Twitter has become so important in day to day news. On ATS it used to be the craptacular Geocities quality websites with cheesy music, 8 different fonts and colors, and twinkling star backgrounds would be linked for half cocked discussion. Today its Twitter and some low IQ lunatic with a political affiliation ranting about his opposition, or video of some crazed moron doing something crazed morons do.

I know i discuss some of this stuff, but nonetheless I can't help but remember the saying about how small minds discuss people and big minds discuss ideas. Social media has us discussing people 24x7....and no ideas really get exchanged.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
in calif the Independents are the fastest growing group in the state.

Many are leaving the democrats because of Mad Maxine from Beyond Thunderdome and the other weird liberals.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
I think you’ll find many on this site who have already done so...

Doubtful. If anything it is the GOP that is losing membership. It is very embarrassing to be a Republican with Trump as POTUS.

Maxine is a bit of a crank. In the scheme of things, she doesn't set policy.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'll say it again. I left the democratic party just before Bernie Sanders came to my town. I believe I changed my political party in July to the green party. This was before the primaries. I had already deduced that the democratic party wanted absolutely nothing to do with Sanders so his next best option would be to register for the green party. Just like Elizabeth Warren had prepared for. Sanders-Warren would have been an excellent choice. But as the primaries happened I watched as Bernie Sanders wanted to stay in the democratic party.

Just this year I switched to the Republican party after all of the news about Hillary Clinton's campaign came out. After hearing about the money I wanted Bernie Sanders to have went to that #ing bitch in the democrats? I will never be a Democrat again. I even tell kids this story. And it is quite easy to sway those kids into choosing the correct political party and to completely avoid the democrats now. Any talk about politics with kids that I have I go out of my way to show them what the democrats did with my vote and my money I donated.

The democrats have a much harsher fate to deal with in the coming years. Not only do they have us walking out on them, they also have new generations of young adults who already do not trust them. The democrats are just digging themselves a massive gigantic grave. There is no returning from this grave. They need to dissappear for a few centuries before anyone decides to use "democratic" as their party stance again.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Prof positive that even in the animal kingdom the divide is there

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

TextThe #walkaway campaign is an excellent example of how organic discussions about divisive topics are co-opted by domestic extremists and amplified by foreign actors for maximum disruption.

When we initially spotted #walkaway on Thursday, we determined the discussion was organic. But 4chan's infamous /pol board was already debating how to exploit it.

We found Twitter accounts with small follower counts benefiting from a huge spike in engagement. But on closer inspection, some of the #walkaway accounts being amplified are clearly fake. One popular account is using a stock image for a profile photo.

Many other accounts have been copy/pasting identical content to create the false impression of broad public support for the #walkaway campaign.

In addition to the amplification by domestic groups like 4chan and alt-right subreddits, the campaign is also getting a boost from foreign actors. #walkaway is by far the top hashtag amplified by the network of Russia-linked Twitter accounts monitored by #Hamilton68.

link

LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I don't hate democrats.
I don't hate moderates.

Hate is part of toxic masculinity, Might I suggest drinking some more soy milk?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Shouldn't be too difficult to verify a few Twitter accounts, especially the ones in the article.

But then again it's just easier to sit behind your keyboard and claim they're all fake and move on with your miserable life.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
July 5, 2018

President Trump told Senator Elizabeth Warren that he would donate $1 Million to her favorite charity, if she'd take a DNA test to prove she's substantially American Indian.

Poccahontas's response: twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join