It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Switching Political Parties As #WalkAway Movement Gains Momentum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The Donald is trending :>)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
oh pretty please can we finally get some real attention to third party candidates?

I voted obama the first year he won and had nothing but regrets. Guess it was a bit foolish of me to assume 'liberals' wanted liberty!

We all know it usually doesn't matter who wins, we're going down the same worthless road either way... but I would really like to see an end to the broken two party system.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

My Twitter feed is full of walkaways posting how disgusted they are with the Dems.
edit on b000000302018-06-26T13:30:36-05:0001America/ChicagoTue, 26 Jun 2018 13:30:36 -0500100000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
oh pretty please can we finally get some real attention to third party candidates?

I voted obama the first year he won and had nothing but regrets. Guess it was a bit foolish of me to assume 'liberals' wanted liberty!

We all know it usually doesn't matter who wins, we're going down the same worthless road either way... but I would really like to see an end to the broken two party system.

I believe the door will be wide open for third parties after the dirty laundry has all been brought out into the open.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Has now resulted?

"F your feelings!"

"Journalist. Rope. Tree."

"Kick his ass, I'll pay your legal bills!"

"The mainstream media is the enemy of the state!"

Etc.

Nah, this has been going on for a long time now. Even before Trump, though populism cranks the heat on everything. I walked away from the tone-deaf Democratic party on election night, after holding my nose and voting for her, but for me, "walking away" doesn't equal "walking toward."

I'll happily vote against every incumbent politician regardless of party, tenure or group-think affiliation from now on. D in now? Vote R. R in now? Vote D. No remorse, no repent and no forgiveness. Ever.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I'll happily vote against every incumbent politician regardless of party, tenure or group-think affiliation from now on. D in now? Vote R. R in now? Vote D. No remorse, no repent and no forgiveness. Ever.

given the fact that the gop owned EVERYTHING for the last 2 years, and fixed little, I would wager there are more like you out there than not

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Weird. This seems completely manufactured to me and NONE of the Dems on my feed have remotely mentioned it. Possibly this is something fabricated from thin air? I’m Independent and have never been with a party, but from what I can see, Dems are extremely energized and angry. Sort of like the Tea Party was once upon a time...

Some are probably scared to say it out loud because of all the extreme hate and shouting down. Do you think these two people are lying?

Also a big shout out to Glenn Greenwald who fights for much of the same values that I believe in and stays true to what being liberal USED to mean.

I'm also firmly with the Big, Fat, Furry One: Time to walk away from the mostly fake GOP too. The swamp creatures have hijacked everything and in practice are a "Uni-Party" of corruption. In principle...never mind, scratch that, they have no principle.

Time for CAMPAIGN REFORM and great restriction on what kind of and how much lobbying we allow in our system. Power To The People of EVERY color and Long Live Free Speech!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i saw some hippie on twitter, who's #Walkaway tweet was: i have been called a Nazi and a fascist, and i voted for Jill Stein.

Today's republicans are more similar to democrats in JFK's day. While today's democrats are more similar to communist in JFK's day

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Signed.

Give me serious campaign reform, citizen-politicians with limited terms, completely transparent votes and daily schedules and very strict rules for lobbyists and I might stop telling everyone I know to "Re-Elect No One, Ever."

Might. (I'd need proof it wasn't just another scam by career lawyers who are over-represented in our Republic already)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

My father had a voting philosophy, "Whoever the incumbent is, I vote for the other guy."

“Politicians and diapers should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason” - Disputed

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

The Dems being angry AND violent, is the reason #WalkAway is there.

Go to twitter and type in #walkaway or #walkawaymovement

Go where it started @usminority

Are some of the tweets not democrats, absolutely. Are a majority of the tweets former liberals....yeah

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

given the fact that the gop owned EVERYTHING for the last 2 years, and fixed little, I would wager there are more like you out there than not

No, I think most are intelligent enough to check voting records and not just blindly vote.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The Republicans in JFK’s time had just ended the McCarthy Era and had mellowed out under Ike. And a side note, JFK never criticized nor voted for the censor of Old Tailgunner Joe McCarthy and RFK worked for him as a young lawyer.

Those were also the same Republicans that brought you the Civil Rights Act in 1964. Well, except for Barry Goldwater, who was a young Republican by the name of Hillary Rodham’s personal favorite.

I really need to do a history thread.
edit on 26-6-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Are some of the tweets not democrats, absolutely. Are a majority of the tweets former liberals....yeah

If there's anything the American public can put their faith in, it's that everything on twitter is the Gods honest truth!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The Democrats need to get rid of all the Republicans from the party.

The Democrats need to get rid of the progressives, before they bleed out and die

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
It may just be because the majority of actual liberals I know are repulsed by the lengths the Democratic party has gone to shut Trump down.

There is no longer even an attempt at civility... it is all about shouting down your opponent now and they don't like it.

The Democratic party is exploding.
As it should.

That is what is happening to the Labour party in the UK as well. It always had a core of Communist/Marxist/Cultural Marxists in the background. But these were hidden behind the curtains by union memberships of public sector workers, pensioners, disabled, working classes, alternative lifestyles and single mothers. But after the Blairite wars in Iraq and Libya, austerity measures, raids on private pensions, rubbing the right wings's nose in diversity, offshoring and asset stripping of manufacturing companies, they've lost all those supporters. All that's left is a radical core of vocal SJW's who will shout down any debate that conflicts with their views. They've been rumbled.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Violent?

Hm. Really? Wow. I guess I must have missed the rioting and bloodshed.

Oh wait! There were those guys in Charlottesville VA that surrounded and beat up that lone guy...oh wait, no that was....ummm....oh yeah! There was the guy who ran his car into the people and killed that young woman...oh wait...

Um. The Antifa at Inauguration? The vandalized stuff, but they are total fringe...

Um.

So yeah. 😈✊

Fear the pink pussy hat!!
edit on 26-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In the end? It doesn't matter.

Because the goal is not more freedoms for us.

The GOP has shown that with the Patriot Act, the DNC with higher taxes, socialized medicine.

It's all about growth of government and whatever we want be damned.

People are walking away, but what are they walking towards?

Something to keep in mind.

After all the talk and all the rhetoric, the only thing Trump has done that has affected the American people is he lowered taxes. And he had to fight republicans and democrats to do that.

Let that sink in.

Trump has not turned dictator making sweeping laws that have affected us.

He has lowered taxes and the world has lost it's mind. We have people screaming, Nazi references are used almost as frequently as racist labels.

For lowering taxes.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I was a Democrat most of my life and walked away for these exact reasons years ago. It was easy for me as I never looked to politics for my identity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join