It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted To Drama, Propoganda, and BS - Tired of it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want!

It used to be fun... but now I just need it to feel normal.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Realtruth

Arnt you really just saying “screw the world . I’m gonna worry about my own problems”?

Well depends on how we look at the situation, because we need to sometimes say "screw the world", and find our center, so we can actually help the world. If we are destructive turds, then not only do we destroy ourselves slowly, but we bring other people down with us. Many turds don't have the backbone to call themselves out, but they'll whine, bitch, and complain about everything else in life to deflect.

What I did?

I sat down and looked at how my world was going, because I had sense enough to know that I could only change my world, and lead by example. I do this often, in life, but this time it changed many things for me, including less time on the net.

I had a very twisted view on many things, due to social programming, negative daily input, and a reactive lifestyle, so what I needed to do was remove myself from the stimuli, in order to provide myself with a means to heal/stabilize.

What I found was interesting, because as I removed myself from the chaos, it provided an environment to decompress, and find myself again. I honestly have to say the withdrawals were emotionally and physically frightening, but as time moved on I found some peace within, and I was able to make solid choices again in my own life, and had time to help others.

Like today I just returned from doing electrical work for an elderly couple who couldn't afford an electrician, before this I would have been so consumed with arguing with a bunch of turds online, and what he said/she said that I wouldn't have even thought to help someone out in need.

I just got to a point where I said F-it, this is worthless madness, and I'm wasting precious time arguing with people that really wasting their precious time too, all for what?

There are great things on ATS, and some very talented, and highly intelligent minds. I would be wonderful to see some of those gifted individuals put there talents to good use. This is the constructive ripple effect I speak off.

We kinda have two choices every day we wake up, because each day is a new one. Is today going to be constructive or destructive, we do have some say in this matter, not everything is predestined.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want!

It used to be fun... but now I just need it to feel normal.

Good-lord man! Normal is subjective, said my ego to me.

<< 1   >>

join