It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye to the Mirage 2000N

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi Guys and Girls,

Seems that the French are retiring the Mirage 2000N:

www.defenseworld.net...

Good aircraft so I'm sure it will be missed.

And makes the path to Rafael only fleet more likely.

Kind regards

Rich

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Am I reading the article wrong or is this just for nuclear delivery transferring to all Rafael?

RAB

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Hi BigDave,

The only role of the 2000N were the delivery of the standoff ASMP / ASMP-A missile:

en.wikipedia.org...

So the missile will be ported to the Rafael.

Kind regards

Rich

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAB

Hi BigDave,

The only role of the 2000N were the delivery of the standoff ASMP / ASMP-A missile:

en.wikipedia.org...

So the missile will be ported to the Rafael.

Kind regards

Rich

I thought the 2000n/d were more or less only differentiated by the ablility for the N to provide nuclear deterrence.

RAB

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yes that's the only difference. To carry and fire the ASMP nuke missile.

The next version ASN4G sounds like a lot of fun!

Rich

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yes that's the only difference. To carry and fire the ASMP nuke missile.

The next version ASN4G sounds like a lot of fun!

Rich

Interesting that it looks like they’re going for a Mach 3 missile instead of a stealthy longer legged system. I’m not sure if that’s the right direction I think there’s a good chance it could be swatted down by the S-500 SAM system.

RAB

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

To be honest if we get to the point that the French are using the ASMP, the Trident and others will have already hit the targets assigned.

I'm only 23ish miles from a Primary target. I'll see the flash :-)

Kind regards

Rich

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

To be honest if we get to the point that the French are using the ASMP, the Trident and others will have already hit the targets assigned.

I'm only 23ish miles from a Primary target. I'll see the flash :-)

Kind regards

Rich

Was that a subtle dig at France? Lol
It’s true if they start throwing them around things will already advanced to the point of assured destruction for nearly everyone on the planet. It’s hard not to be far away from a targeted area in the isles. I feel your pain I used to live about 15 miles out of Lawrence Livermore National Labs a well known target for being one of the countries nuclear weapon design and research facility. I was in junior high when 9/11 and it was scary for a kid knowing that there was a nice juicy target in our city, compounded by the fact that within a week of the attack some teens thought it’d be funny to break into the towns water tower that was literally 1/2 a mile from our place causing a huge scare that someone tampered with the water. We got a notice to not even shower until they could test the water, brought almost all of the San Francisco’s FBI office on our town. The black suv populous went up like you wouldn’t believe.

Speaking of LNLL I had a friend in high school who’s dad was the head of security there and I know some crazy details about the defense measures for the facility.

ETA: Nice to see a friendly bloke on here.
edit on 6/26/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/26/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Hey just because people like Zaph and I are cranky and crabby doesn't mean we aren't nice.... occasionally.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian

Hey just because people like Zaph and I are cranky and crabby doesn't mean we aren't nice.... occasionally.

That’s it eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yesterday's Russian display of force with its nuclear triad exercise is a clear well structured message to the EU nazi elites and nazi nobility running each European country.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

As busy as everyone is fighting/sending messages to the nazi whatevers, it's a wonder anything gets done...

...and what that has to do with the mirage 2000N, I'm not sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Yesterday's Russian display of force with its nuclear triad exercise is a clear well structured message to the EU nazi elites and nazi nobility running each European country.

Do you have any topic that you can’t shoehorn a comment about nazis/the EU/NATO etc...? Seems to be the answer for everything with you.

ETA- The’ gull beat me to it and I see him doing this all over the place makes me wonder if he’s stalking the threads I visit or literally just posts the tripe every chance he gets...
edit on 10/12/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join