It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters expulsion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xtrozero

Can you describe what you mean when you say "left bias"? Just quickly.

Thanks if you have time.

Thanks fixed it...

Ha. I'm sure there's a deeply comical or philosophical point being made ....

I was really just curious as to your definition. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Trump talks about her, because she's been obsessing over him since the campaign. She's called for his impeachment since day one with NO CRIME to back it up.

She's loony. That's putting it mildly. I'd venture a guess she's going senile.
edit on 26-6-2018 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2018 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Oldtimer2
Elected people can't be removed without formal process, can they?
Is this the beginning of a formal process, or just a gesture?

These kinds, Trump followers, don't believe in due process

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Martin75

I think it has to do with what the average person goes to jail for - a form of insider trading that Congress is exempt from, though there are some ethics rules for pushing self-enriching legislation, there is a pass for quietly using your inside knowledge to shift your money around advantageously.

I can’t say for sure the specific reasons in either MW or PR’s case, but it wouldn’t shock me if that little loophole worked nicely for both of them.

^That. That needs to stop. And that's what many people don't get about Prez the Donald...he is doing cleanup on all the aisles. Just using different strategies for the GOP, who has to pretend they are on his side...how many R Congress Critters have announced they aren't going to run again, for personal reasons? Over 70, I think it is. Including Paul Ryan...

Behind the door, I'm pretty sure it's some form of "Go away, or go down." But, McCain better hope he dies soon.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: carewemust

Yep. It's all about winning elections, right? The very same reasoning the Dems are using in their idiotic attempts at finding reasons to impeach.

The fact that the correct thing to do would be for the House leadership to call for a motion to censure, then vote to remove her, that doesn't enter into the equation, does it?

How about, for a change, stop playing others games, by their rules, and do it the way it's supposed to be done.

I'm growing increasingly tired of this crap.

That is what is taking so long. He taking the Deep State down by their own rules. Essentially it's Cloward Piven...holding them to their own stated standards...except without the corrupt backroom free passes. He is exposing the Oligarch's New Clothes..or their political minions' at any rate.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: howtonhawky

True enough.

Just for the sake of clarity, who is "you people"?

Pretty sure this should include the hashtag #NotMe!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: seagull

The enemy, you must be dehumanized and destroyed.

#ButAlsoNotMe...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Jake56

Maxine needs to provide copies of her tax records to explain as to how she acquired her millions.

It doesn't add up and its easy to figure out. We all work and pay taxes. We can only accumulate a certain amount of money unless an outside event occurs such as inheritance, stocks hit it big, gambling and other.

Has and did Maxine receive dirty money? Now that's the question

Same thing with the Clintons and the Obamas. They have way more money then their legal incomes could have possibly provided. With the Clintons, it's an open secret that their money comes from bribery/influence peddling payments. (That's the main purpose of the Clinton Foundation.) I haven't seen anyone even speculate about the Obamas, but it's widely reported that the Saudi prince who got purged payed for Barack's college education.

You can like Trump or hate him, but at least it's well known he made his money in real estate.

Not the Bush/Sherfs though. They are old money...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Maxine Waters said this morning that she's not going anywhere.
#Resist!!

THANKYOU MAXINE!

Ah caint hep it! I jus love Crazy Ole Auntie Maxie! She bring us candy evr tyme!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
a reply to: AboveBoard

Just for some context, I was a registered Democrat for over 30 years. I am currently an independent. Why is the MSM so vilified today? Your perspective seems to be (Correct me if I'm wrong. I do not intend to put words in your mouth.) that they have called Trump out on his behavior. In some cases that may be true but, from my perspective a lot of what he hammers them about is their dishonesty. Some of what is reported is simply rushing to get a scoop and not checking facts and sources. But there are so many other examples of deceptive editing, presenting opinions as facts, and in some cases outright lies. In those cases, I think Trump has every right to call them out on their shenanigans. The MSM has given Trump the ammunition. They could easily change their practices and gain the respect of the people but they don't seem to be willing to do that.

As far as immigration is concerned, I see a far more complicated problem. Let's not pretend asylum seekers and illegal immigrants are the same. Asylum seekers that can prove the veracity of their case should be welcomed and helped. Separating families? Another complicated issue. We know some of these 'families' aren't really family. There are children being used by unrelated adults for nefarious purposes. Should we leave them together? With the number of people we are talking about, how do we sift through that information in a timely manner and protect those children?

So if we don't separate them, what do we do? Keep them together? Okay, let's keep them together. Now we are hearing cries about keeping families detained. If we can't separate them and we can't detain them, that seems to equal catch and release. It's been proven under catch and release, the majority of them never show up in court at the appointed time to prove their case of asylum. If they were, I would agree with catch and release. A majority of them are not appearing in court so catch and release is not an option. So we have 3 options.

1. Separate them for however long it takes to verify their claims. (not an option)

2. Detain them together until we can verify their claims. (not an option)

3. Catch and release. (not an option)

What are our other options? Let's be honest here. You are correct in one regard and wrong in another. The average citizen that happens to be registered as a Democrat doesn't want open borders, however my personal opinion is that Democrat politicians DO want open borders. If they didn't, they would admit that catch and release isn't an option.

Neither party is in the right here. I will not defend Trump on some of his tactics, but let's not be disingenuous here. Some of the smearing tactics used by both parties started long ago. We can go tit for tat over who started it if you like but I find that to be a waste of time. Who is willing to take the high road? Neither side, apparently.

Careful son...them red pills is strong!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Khaleesi

Oh and just some icing for your truth cake served with an extra dash of "Get Real"? MS 13 is a Salvador gang with origins there. If you want reasonable discussion, please start with knowing the facts first, and owning up to the hateful rhetoric the left was screaming at everyone around them long before November 9th 2016.

MS-13 started in Los Angeles. It is now International.

Wiki: MS-13

I'm not sure why this is aimed at me. That quote is not mine. I haven't said a word about MS13.

Ack! My bad.

😳. Sorry.

It was meant for AutisticEvo

Posting from my phone leads to more mistakes.

edit on 26-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: DISRAELI

No, but Congress could expel her. Article 1, Section 5.2 of the Constitution says that if 2/3 of Congress votes to expel a member they can be expelled.

Based on remarks from Schumer, I don't think that Water's fellow reps are very pleased with her right now. She is making them all look bad, and making the Democratic party look bad.

If you add in petitions from voters asking for her removal, this could encourage some in Congress to act.

I'm not actually sure that the Republicans would vote her out. She is helping their party.

She would get more democrats try to vote her out then republicans. Republicans want her to stay right where she is. Look at it every Republican running want her and Pelosi to be on tv as much as possible.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Maxine Waters has been reelected 1000 times, so apparently her district likes her radical politics, I doubt they want to get rid of her.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Look what mad Maxine has started. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his wife were confronted by a violet crowd today.

mobile.twitter.com...

That wasn't a typo....was it.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: DISRAELI

No, but Congress could expel her. Article 1, Section 5.2 of the Constitution says that if 2/3 of Congress votes to expel a member they can be expelled.

Based on remarks from Schumer, I don't think that Water's fellow reps are very pleased with her right now. She is making them all look bad, and making the Democratic party look bad.

If you add in petitions from voters asking for her removal, this could encourage some in Congress to act.

I'm not actually sure that the Republicans would vote her out. She is helping their party.

She would get more democrats try to vote her out then republicans. Republicans want her to stay right where she is. Look at it every Republican running want her and Pelosi to be on tv as much as possible.

Gotta admit, she is useful for making Pelosi seem slightly less Mad Hatterish...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They almost got her for some corruption a while back, Google it and get the details. But this isn’t a thing she will get expelled for.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I don't agree with you and If we ever meet I will protest in front of your house and every where you go . does that sound normal to you ? Just because what Trump says offends you doesn't mean it's not the truth .

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Elected people can't be removed without formal process, can they?
Is this the beginning of a formal process, or just a gesture?

we had to remove a mayor by petition. He was setting up cruel speed traps and the citizens overwhelmingly singed the petition and the Judge removed him.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I don't doubt you, but if an actual true Majority as you state, then human trash like Maxine Waters wouldn't get elected is my opinion.
Not meaning to be quarlesome just saying

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join