It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy to win trade wars, Donald?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Let´s see what China´s Xi has to say to Donalds easy to win trade wars:

“In the West you have the notion that if somebody hits you on the left cheek, you turn the other cheek,” the report said quoting Chinese leader as saying. “In our culture we punch back.”

Link

Why do i have to think of:

Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind

Now people are hit that voted for him maybe not because they are simply rightwingers but they believed the lies he told the people. And get the bill now, for the meal they ordered. Like the steelworkers, the soy and wheat farmers. Like Harley. And i bet Harley is only the first corporation that acts like this, because money rules the world.
And not the Donald of all Donalds!

One can´t declare a war on everybody else and think that everybody else raises the white flag instantly, some strike back in a war!

Sad thing is that it hit´s again the average people, which have to pay more. Rich people don´t care about paying a bit more, as they don´t care about the average people.

I wish you all a happy new day in the easy to win trade war!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
of course they would retaliate, we have bent over backwards to the world for decades, people don't like seeing the gravy train impeded.

Maybe its not the best way to go about fixing things for our country, but doing things the way we have been was slowly strangling our country.

This may speed up the death, or it may eventually redress some of the inequities only time will tell...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

It will be interesting to see if people are still cheering this madness on when it hits them in the hip pocket.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You know what did far more damage to the economy? The repeal of Glass-Steagall, which lead inevitably to the 2008 collapse of the financial sector.

Slow, steady growth is far more reliably useful to an economy, than rapid cycles of boom and bust.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The End

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Honestly, we have been taken advantage of for too long. We will survive. Yes it may hurt in the near term, but in the end, it is going to be better, and we need to do it. Better now than when it will hurt more.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Trumps understands what it means to have a "fair trade balance". I don't know much about tariffs but some countries have really taken advantage of the elected govt officials way of do international trade.

An example of Levis jeans that are made in Vietnam. Here in Japan they nearly 80 bucks, yep, 80 bucks. When they were made in America they were 70 to 100 bucks.

Its all about the making the buck. There is NO HONOR in international trade. Trump if anything is turning on the lightbulb for those that want to see the very unfair trade practices. And good for him.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What do you mean 'you'?

You mean, the people who want 30 dollars an hour, full pension and retirement package for doing little to no work?

No one is taking advantage of the US but yourselves, you're a consumer economy! You have literally nothing to add to this world other than silicon valley and a few key crops now days. Your auto sector almost died, steel industry isn't anything special, everything 'made in the US' is over priced and no better than something made in China, Everything can easily just be made somewhere else. But guess what, the US population will keep buying cheap crap at Walmart, and rich people will still be driving around in European luxury cars.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Tariff wars give the government money while bilking the poor. Prices on things are already starting to increase.

I think the Don thought Tariffs would be a great way o pay off his tax breaks, but as things stand we are heading for a recession.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Honestly, we have been taken advantage of for too long. We will survive. Yes it may hurt in the near term, but in the end, it is going to be better, and we need to do it. Better now than when it will hurt more.

Tell me… how this “orange baboon in the white house” TAKING ADVANTAGE slogan worked for that long?

Excuse me for the language but, do you mean that you were all stupid /imbecile and unable to think/act about what is right/wrong before this baboon shows up..?

Ain’t this "bad joke" is a HUGE INSULT to the American people by their elected potus..?

edit on 26-6-2018 by Kkintekk because: deleted the links... none were worked..

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What is it with this notion that the US, built on capitalism and free-trade, has been 'bending over backwards' when it comes to international trade?
I don't get it, nobody is being forced to bend over backwards when it comes to free trade. Nobody, unless you agree to. And even then you always have the option to re-negotiate.

It's an art to make a good deal. Some would argue

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I've heard this story befor.

thehill.com...

It doesn't end the way partisans would like it too.

You know come to think of it constant underestimation is clearly an advantage Trump uses.

As for Xi I wonder if hes every been to the US? Turn the other cheek? I dont know who he's talking about; if anything its our inability to turn the other cheek that will be our down fall.

edit on 26-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kkintekk

originally posted by: theatreboy

Tell me… how this “orange baboon in the white house” TAKING ADVANTAGE slogan worked for that long?

Excuse me for the language but, do you mean that you were all stupid /imbecile and unable to think/act about what is right/wrong before this baboon shows up..?

Ain’t this "bad joke" is a HUGE INSULT to the American people by their elected potus..?

No I think his argument is that our elected officials are "stupid /imbecile and unable to think/act about what is right/wrong" ... and the reason his argument has worked for so long is because he's right. Our elected officials have been working primarily for their own short term benefits which leads them to make stupid decisions as far as the country is concerned.

The only question here is whether or not Trump is the person to turn the trend around... probably not, but if you never try something new you are guaranteed to always get the same results.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The steel tariff makes no sense in economic terms though.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics show that 5.4 million Americans are employed by steel using sectors. The American Iron and Steel report shows 140'000 Americans are directly employed in the steel industry.

This means that for every worker that may benefit from steel tariffs, 38 may be negatively affected.

I'm still reserving judgement on Trump (some stuff seems positive, other negative) but for a businessman, this appears to show a complete lack of economic reality.

There is also the matter that the US uses the countervailing duty laws. These are designed to help neutralize the negative effect of subsidies.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Except you're an anti-trumper and don't know what you're talkin about.

Did any of you dolts read the article? Trade war has been moving all along.

Now, Trump is continueing to ramp it up by FINALLY tackling the technology aspect.

--
"US government is gearing up to block firms with at least 25 percent Chinese ownership from buying US companies with "industrially significant technology."

A Reuters report suggested that the US Commerce Department and National Security Council were proposing "enhanced" export controls to keep such technologies from being shipped to China." (CNBCTV18, Rueters et al).

China, seeing that nice grapple on our tech won't let go easily, why would they? The sweet breast milk from the US is too sweet to simply let go.

“China is not going to yield to outside pressure and eat the bitter fruit,” a senior official told the paper."(CNBCTV18, Reuters et al).

Oh, THEY WILL eat the bitter fruit, as all nations that seek to take advantage of the US.

I've been a huge advocate of pushing for stricter technology controls. Leftist don't understand this, therefore that input in invalid.

America First.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The thing I find interesting about this is it's clear from responses what the core lie Trump has told is. That 'America has been taken advantage of'.

And that's a very easy lie for people to believe, because every person in every country feels that they have in some way been taken advantage of by The Others.

It is of course mostly untrue. Sure there's some small ways America has lost out, but in most ways ever since the end of WW2, America has pretty much had its way on everything, and particularly since the fall of the Soviet Empire that left them as the world superpower, America has taken advantage of pretty much every other country on earth to enrich themselves.

This money has just gone to the elites of course. And not ordinary Americans. So ordinary Americans still feel hard done by. Which, clearly, a lot of them voted for Trump because he tapped into that anger. And sold them the lie.

The problem is in trying to 'correct' the lie, he's going to run into all of these problems. Because... America is already at the top of the tree. So I expect we will see more companies in the US going overseas, more increased prices being passed on to the people. But so long as you all keep believing Trump's lies about how it's all the evil foreigners fault, he'll get away with it.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

What do you mean 'you'?

Where did I say you??

You mean, the people who want 30 dollars an hour, full pension and retirement package for doing little to no work?

Huh... what in the every living heck does this have to do with what I said?

No one is taking advantage of the US but yourselves, you're a consumer economy!

No Snip sherlock, thats what I meant by saying if we continue on the path we have been for decades it will kill us!

as a kid we had plenty of factory jobs available, now we dont have so much, and what we do have well there is no guarentee they will be there in 20 years.

A new path was needed, this may not be the right one but the old path was only going to lead to our demise as a nation, all the doom and gloom being tossed around is pure speculation, theory, hypothesis only time will tell.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

China stole our technology and the rest was obtained by extortion.

Meaning; OK General Motors if you want to build and sell cars in China you have to bring your supplier base into China also. That's what happened and 1000's of job were lost in the USA and transferred to China. Our US State Department from the late 1990's to 2016 played along with China and did nothing. I know this for a fact and have seen 1000's of US jobs lost.

Oh and their quality sucks.

So explain as to how you will pare down that $19 Trillion of US debt? Trump has no other choice.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Twister

Get the sheep # out of your mouth.

Trump is correct and your opinion is a misrepresentation of fact. So why are you even responding this USA post as it is quite strange that a guy from Scotland to even have a slight interest in this. Were you stiffed as a subcontractor on payments due from Trumps golf Course?

USA was last at the "top of the Tree" in the early 1970's and then it began to end before 1973 with the loss of 100,000's of jobs in the railroads, shipbuilding, electronics, auto and the steel industry. Bankruptcies of these many companies can be found in available public archives. I live here and saw it. You didn't.

Russians or the Brits must be paying you pretty well ?

Do yer dinger

top topics

<<   2 >>

join