It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last year I think I saw 2 UFO's but they were blurred out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Don't have pics sorry.

Last year I was behind my building talking with a friend and I looked up and pointed out a circular blur appearing to move just under the cirrus cloud cover, watching it move right across the sky until the building blocked it out, pointed it out to my friend (who's slightly mentally handicapped, which is why I think that he didn't find it to be more noteworthy or memorable), and then another one, like a quarter-sized or maybe the size of one's thumb not held all the way at arms length - traverses the whole sky appearing to follow the other one.

Could it have been some sort of freak atmospheric phenomenon, or was it a UFO using some sort of reflective adaptive camouflage that isn't perfect enough to prevent seeing it if only as a blurred out sphere?

They were two round blurs travelling across the sky, one following another.

Just reporting something. Make of it what you will. I know what I saw.

What do you think? Did you presume by the title that I was making a joke?

edit on 26-6-2018 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Satellites behind a thin cloud cover.

Or aliens.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Satellites behind a thin cloud cover.

Or aliens.

Alien Satellites. Snooping on our GPSs...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Did it repeat, or was it just the one time that night?

Searchlights can sometimes make what you described, either promotional, law enforcement, or someone with one making their own UFO.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Similar to something I saw a long time ago, a circular - shall not say disc since it was circular so could just as easily have been spherical of oval, it was moving in and out of the low cloud layer and illuminated from below by the yellow light pollution which also lighted up the clouds over here in England, it appeared highly reflective, silent or at least I could not hear it over the wind and flying extremely fast against the wind direction.

Here is the problem, anything that we do not know when we look up is actually a UFO and what those object's are is open to discussion.

Now if you were an alien observing human's like for example an alien, time travelling or other dimensional anthropologist you would not particularly want to be seen and if that was inevitable you would then try to blend in.

By making yourself look like them so not every plane you see might actually be a plane?.
By using optical or some other kind of camouflage a bit like the Romulans and Klingons from the Star Trek universe - guess what we can do that now.

So what you saw is actually DEFINITELY a UFO because you saw it in the sky, it was flying and you don't know what it was.
What makes it interesting is the blurred affect which could be a field distortion around it but you would be extremely unlikely to see that from the ground unless it was fairly low and the cloud's behind the object created a texture in the sky to allow you to see the alterations that the distortion caused to that and any such object may actually be of human origin, US or other black budget (most likely and in fact almost definitely US).

It is an interesting one but not enough detail to be an important one to researchers (unless it corroborates other's sighting's in the area, consider contacting MUFON about it) - except to you whom will always wonder what you saw.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Satellites at best appear like tiny slightly brighter than background stars or very high flying air craft moving against the stars but you really have to be looking to see them so I think we can safely forget that one unless the witness as telephoto lens glued to there eye's.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Do you not think Phage was joking

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

You are correct, "Sorry" Phage I never got the swamp gas analogy unto WMD pointed it out.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Searchlights can sometimes make what you described, either promotional, law enforcement, or someone with one making their own UFO.

It was early evening late afternoon, there was greyish cloud cover, there were two circular blurs that traversed the sky. I can't fathom how it could have been a weather phenomenon. Too fast for a couple of satellites.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

If UFO's as alien craft are buzzing around, you'd think that they would use some sort of adaptive camouflage which bends and reflects light, but in this case there was a distortion that was visible.

The only viable explanation of some kind that occurred to me at the time was satellites traversing the sky somehow getting magnitifed through the cloud cover, but they appeared to be faster than satellites and it wasn't night but early evening.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Early evening is a fine time for satellite spotting.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

More like late afternoon. Could have been diffused light from two satellites, I guess that's possible.

Case: Indeterminate.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

It was early evening late afternoon, there was greyish cloud cover, there were two circular blurs that traversed the sky. I can't fathom how it could have been a weather phenomenon. Too fast for a couple of satellites.

How fast did they traverses the sky?

Could have been diffused light from two satellites, I guess that's possible.

90% of UFO research finds things like this, contradictory statements.

You just said they were too fast to be satellites.

The only viable explanation of some kind that occurred to me at the time was satellites traversing the sky somehow getting magnitifed through the cloud cover, but they appeared to be faster than satellites and it wasn't night but early evening.

perfect timing for viewing

some can traverse the sky in a couple of minutes, low orbit, something further up with a higher orbit could take a little longer to traverse the sky.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I think the odds of being able to see to satelites behind clouds follow one after another on the same track would be pretty high. Not saying it must be alien but that particular explanation seems a little too flimsy IMHO.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Early evening is a fine time for satellite spotting.

Yeah, you want the sky to be a little dark, but you still want the sun to reflect off the satellites. Using polarized sunglasses also sometimes helps.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I was walking across a crowded street (cars hurling at me!) and had been watching an F-22 (F-18, or something) starting a climb. I looked down to get back up on the sidewalk, looked up, and I could hear it still climbing but not see it. There have been similar reports here on ATS of similar sightings with jet engines roaring but no jet.

My guess, jets with super cool stealthy tech.

My two cents. I mean, if They can get here across interstellar distances, a complete cloak would be expected. Just saying. At our tech level, going through layers of atmosphere and temperature changes, a glitch or two is expected!

Cool sighting either way!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

I think the odds of being able to see to satelites behind clouds follow one after another on the same track would be pretty high. Not saying it must be alien but that particular explanation seems a little too flimsy IMHO.

Errr- when I mentioned searchlights, I meant the beam from it bouncing off the bottom of the clouds. Any searchlight that can light up a satellite, I don't wanna be anywhere near.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I came up on a fire truck hosing something down on the freeway. Drove right past, felt the heat, saw the heat fumes , but there was nothing there. No car, no burning bush, just burning air. They were just hosing down a hot flaming NOTHING.

It had to be a crashed Ufo..

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

They moved at a steady clip across the sky, too fast for satellites I think, which I've seen.

new topics

top topics

join