It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Deport Illegal Immigrants Immediately Without Court Hearings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

lol. I really hope Christ comes back soon, according to some he's planning to raise the dead. This could get really fun.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Only those who believe.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think I just became one.

link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Sure you did.

link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah I know, The Dems are out of control on this one.

I’m not sure there are actual ATS Democrats posting in the thread as those are fairly rare ... no, actually I’m referring to core authoritarian members who generally conceive of themselves as being “right” politically who have falsely claimed to love the Constitution but are more than willing to trample it underfoot when “their guys” are in power.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry about the Constitution. She will kick ass when it calls for it. She always has.
edit on 26-6-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can be anything I want, America!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

How is anyone trampling the Constitution?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

My goodness, your posts are generally fine examples of blind links, aren’t they?

Well done.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

How is anyone trampling the Constitution?

TheRedneck

In the letter of the law, by making calls for anyone on US soil to be convicted of and punished for a crime without due process.

In the spirit of the law, by implying that expediency is a greater good than justice.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry about the Constitution. She will kick ass when it calls for it. She always has.

I mean no disrespect, but that statement seems nonsensical.

Reference Ben Franklin: “You have a Republic if you can keep it,” (paraphrase)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Yes well, it takes cooperation and the willingness to work together on both sides. Common Sense goes a long way if you allow for it.

Right now America is completely polarized. f

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
We're forgetting that for majority of 16 straight years before Trump the "just a piece of paper" US Constitution was treated as if toilet paper, and essentially none of any of that has been undone that I've noted.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Yes well, it takes cooperation and the willingness to work together on both sides. Common Sense goes a long way if you allow for it.

Right now America is completely polarized. f

So, perhaps we should be concerned about our Republic then due to this polarization?

I agree.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Why just the Republicans, they're the ones who freed the slaves, and changed the laws from the 1800s all the way up to 1960. In fact they not only were the instigators of peace for all black Slaves, but also Women.

Is that right or did I read you wrong?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
We're forgetting that for majority of 16 straight years before Trump the "just a piece of paper" US Constitution was treated as if toilet paper, and essentially none of any of that has been undone that I've noted.

Opinions vary, yet, as this discussion turns about a statement by our current President to set aside due process, assuming you were correct you’d have to extend the tragic disregard for our Constitution right up to the current moment I believe.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Why just the Republicans, they're the ones who freed the slaves, and changed the laws from the 1800s all the way up to 1960. In fact they not only were the instigators of peace for all black Slaves, but also Women.

Is that right or did I read you wrong?

I am not speaking of the members of the modern Republican party. Core authoritarians advocate for using the power of the state to impose their will on others absent the protections of our founding document.

All political parties tend to be authoritarian. Modern Democrats certainly are.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Ok I think I understand. If not please be patient.

I'm just going to post what I did on another thread earlier for the sake of staking out how events took place prior to our present day.

The Ku Klux Klan hate group was founded as the activist wing of the Democratic Party. - The Facts

On September 28th, 1868, a mob of Democrats massacred nearly 300 African American Republicans in Opelousas, Louisiana. The Savagery began when racist Democrats attacked a newspaper editor, a white Republican and School Teacher for ex-slaves.Several African Americans rushed to the assistance of their friend, and in response, Democrats went on a 'Negro hunt', killing every one of them, 'all of whom were Republicans' in the area that they could find. Via Grand Old Partisan.Text

On April 20th, 1871 the Republicans passed the anti-Ku Klux Klan Act outlawing Democratic terrorist groups.

Republicans led the charge on for civil rights and Women's Rights.

September 1862: Republican President Abraham Lincoln issues preliminary Emancipation Proclamation.

January 1, 1863: Emancipation Proclamation, implementing the Republicans' Confiscation Act of 1862, takes effect.

January 31, 1865: 13th Amendment banning slavery passed by U.S. House with unanimous Republican Support, amongst Intense Democrat opposition.

April 8, 1865: 13th Amendment banning slavery passed by U.S. Senate. Republican support 100% vs Democrat support 37%.

1866: The Republican party passes the Civil Rights Act of 1866 to protect the rights of newly freed slaves.

That's only a snippet of what they've done to better the Country.

In the 1950's, Democrats Refused Service to Blacks at Restaurants and Soda Fountains.

So, you can thank the Republican Party for laws being changed in the 1960's.

So, It seems to me nothing's really changed attitude wise, perhaps I'm wrong Perhaps not. But here we are at a cross road, and it's still pretty much the same. Different decade, and no one is willing to step forward on 'both sides' to fix it. I blame the Media and the past administrations for this. It's just how i'm seeing it.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

That's not what I am doing. I am applying precedent.

Anyone entering through customs on a VISA can be turned away for any reason without any hearing on US soil by a customs official. They are on US soil, but they have not actually entered the US via legal means. Therefore, their right to a hearing is not yet invoked.

Similarly, someone who crosses the border and is caught crossing the border has not entered the US through legal channels, and can be deported without a hearing. That would not apply to those who are here illegally but were not apprehended at their crossing. They would have reason to cast doubt on their status and therefore should be given a hearing to determine their legal status.

Are you trying to say that anyone should be able to come into the US for any reason whatsoever, and remain inside the US and free to move around until they can get a hearing on why they shouldn't be admitted? Does that include MS-13 members? Terrorists?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Well if he hasnt undone the myriad of previous BS then he inherited it all. The list of which goes back 100 years, but just since 9/11 there's bills like PATRIOT Act, various National Defense Authorization BS; from there countless applicable Executive Orders not to mention Signing Statements; then endless unhanded BS like the NSA in general, CIA+NSA+DARPA=Google, CIA+DARPA=Facebook; oh what about the domestic propaganda laws signed byy Obama (several of them his last few years) including that last minute full bore 'Ministry of Truth 'piece (silver platter for Trump); and lets not get into what even WaPo calls "Top Secret America":

projects.washingtonpost.com...

The reality I see is there's already so many de facto dictatorial powers that Trump doesnt have to even add any more new aspects and the system is already hard wired as a quazi / de facto dictatorship. And no doubt the MSM keeping us focused on trivial BS keeps us all from getting much focus on that.

edit on 26-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join