It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's list of Democrat donations.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: Kharron

No you didn't say it was bad, and I'm sorry if I put words in your mouth. I just don't see it as a big deal; happens all the time. And I could describe Trump with a lot of words, but classy was never one of them.

However, I don't agree that he's always been a politician even without running for office. Politicians spend most of the time fundraising, and Trump has funds. He's a businessman and knows politics well, but I wouldn't say that overtly makes him a politician. On the other hand, being elected president definitely makes him a politician now, just not a career politician.

I see what you're saying though, and we're just splitting hairs on that one.

Agreed man, have a good one.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Kharron

a reply to: Chadwickus

He was a property developer, find me one who hasn't practiced partisan-independent donations to the pols in office where they're looking to develop. I'll wait...

But let's put donations aside. Why did he change parties five times?

Has New York changed hands five times? I'm really asking, I don't know the answer to this; I don't know much about New York leadership and connections.

Two things..
1. Moderates change parties often when they find the party has changed too radically one way or the other. The argument is valid that today's moderate Republican resembles a JFK Democrat a lot closer than today's Democrat stalwarts do. Just in the past 3 decades the Dems have changed a lot and in the 80s a number of Dems joined the GOP as Reagan Republicans, only to be put off by GHW Bush and rejoin the Dems during the Clinton years, then finding closer association with the GOP again following the Contract with America.
2. I know NYC has had GOP leaders in the past 20 years, as Guiliani and Bloomberg were both Republicans (Bloomberg later lost his mind, but that's neither here nor there.) NYC also had some atrocious leadership from dem David Dinkins which caused a lot of moderate NY Dems to support Rudy G.

Interesting, thank you. So NY has traditionally been democrat until this decade or so?
edit on 25-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You call that the OP of a lion?

(walks away quietly chuckling)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It was a dem run city except for the 90s and early 2000s.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The thread actually has nothing to do with who trump donates to, apart from opening up a dialogue.

It's to lampoon threads such as this:

June 2014: Nancy Pelosi Admonished People NOT To Politicize Detention Centers

As the replies in here have shown, there is a double standard when it comes to Trump.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yep.

Very much so.

And it got you and so many others hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Awww mr gut, I'd thought you'd be able to see what I was trying to do here.

See my reply to mr burdman.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

He was a democrat once.

So was Reagan.

So...

Are people not allowed to evolve?

It is the pattern typical of Neocon's.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Joe Rogan describes this on his podcast with Trump saying "I gave you money and I gave you money"

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

So your saying he told the truth during the debates when he said he bought politicians, he knows how the scam works?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Not at all, I think we're both saying the same thing. He's 'shifty'.

Oh you have no idea. He is shifty like a fox. You can't catch him. I am just glad he loves America, especially how the previous administration went on a world apology tour because the other idiots in office screwed up so bad. I think we all know that Trump will do what he has to do to make his business thrive, I am hoping he will do the same thing for America.
edit on 26-6-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: The GUT

Awww mr gut, I'd thought you'd be able to see what I was trying to do here.

See my reply to mr burdman.

Yeah...now that you mention it. I did think that you were usually harder and more pointy than this type of thread to my credit though lol. I thought you were slipping but it was me. Starred.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The thread actually has nothing to do with who trump donates to, apart from opening up a dialogue.

It's to lampoon threads such as this:

June 2014: Nancy Pelosi Admonished People NOT To Politicize Detention Centers

As the replies in here have shown, there is a double standard when it comes to Trump.

LOL. Trump was not a publicly elected politician then. She was! If you can't understand the difference that makes you don't understand politics.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Can you please make a list of all the republican donors like this.

That way we can see and compare for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It was a dem run city except for the 90s and early 2000s.

Hmm interesting, thanks for the help.

I was trying to find a relation between him changing political affiliation and the city changing leadership, since some people said this was as simple as siding with those that business would dictate he side with. But it seems he changes sides more often than New York does -- thank you for the background info.

While I do agree that people can change throughout life and political leanings change, it's a bit strange to see someone change sides half a dozen times over a couple of decades. It looks like it's not just about who is in charge of New York, there's a deeper reason for the frequent changes. And it can't be who is the President either. DJT changed sides on average every 4-5 years and most recent Presidents have served two terms, so on average he switched more often than Presidents did -- odd.
edit on 26-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Not at all, I think we're both saying the same thing. He's 'shifty'.

Oh you have no idea. He is shifty like a fox. You can't catch him. I am just glad he loves America,

Well, for now. Being shifty, by definition, means that could change any moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join