It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's Some Hope: Chuck Schumer Publicly Denounces "Un-American" Threats From Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah, he took jabs at Trump but at least some of the Democratic leadership has realized how this is not a good thing. Though I do not like Schumer much, I applaud his statements. Maybe there is some hope of civility. MSN link has the video of his speech.

www.zerohedge.com...

Schumer Slams "Un-American" Threats From Democrats As Trump Aides Urged To Arm Themselves

Update: In this age of ultra-divisive politics, it appears Maxine Waters' comments have brought the two sides of the aisle together.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer blasted California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters for calling for the harassment of staffers in the Trump administration Monday, deeming it “not American.”

Schumer, the Democrat from New York, said no one should “call for harassment of political opponents,” adding that it’s “not right,” according to Politico reporter Burgess Everett.

thehill.com...

Schumer’s remarks follow similar comments from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who called for unity in a tweet on Monday that gently criticized the suggestion from Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) that people confront Trump administration officials in public.

Waters, speaking at a Los Angeles rally over the weekend, said Trump administration officials would not be able to go to public places like a restaurant or gas station without being confronted.

Video at this link:
www.msn.com...

Well maybe. Some Dems are not really happy with Schumer right now:

www.democraticunderground.com...

edit on 25-6-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There is no hope - here's why:

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer blasted California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters for calling for the harassment of staffers in the Trump administration Monday, deeming it “not American.”

^^This is propaganda, at no stage during his speech did he ever refer to Maxine Waters by name, not once.

ETA: Because his balls are in the purse, that's why.

edit on 25/6/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Don’t let him kid you. He is getting concerned about the mid-terms and what the extreme left may be doing to the Democratic Partys’ chances at a “blue wave”. He absolutely knows that rhetoric is losing voters.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
While this all sounds great, I'm not sure how "genuine" Schumer is.

He has turned around in the past after making "statements" that sound good on the surface.

Many Democrat Candidates are using this tactic lately.

I don't trust it 100%.

I give it maybe a 30% rating at best.

😎

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I got a fiver saying he will say something worse by next week.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

might have something to do with any white or Jewish persons inability to criticize anything a black person does without being called a racist

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Schumer is a Pelosi wannabe
Getting better at it every day...
The name Schumer and the word hope do not belong together. He is already hopeless and helpless . Too far gone from reality. He may have some lucid moments , but those instances will continue to decrease in occurrence .

edit on 6/25/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
I got a fiver saying he will say something worse by next week.

I hate agreeing with you but it's bound to happen with this guy

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

edit on 6/25/18 by Gothmog because: have no clue how I replied to me

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's not that Schumer disagrees with Waters. He hates Americans, probably more than Waters does. It's that Chucky knows that the timing is just not yet, right, for such bigotry and "hate". It's not politically expedient yet, at this time. His "party" has been the best "gun salesmen/women in years! He/they know that! And they're still trying to wrap their "educated" minds around how that happened. Let alone? How they stacked the deck against Trump and they still lost.
Schumer is a weasel, hell, he's a politician from NY.
Don't for a minute believe there's "hope". Schumer is probably just allergic to tar and feathers...The man's an idiot, not stupid.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

I think it's more about self preservation. If 1 side condones terrorism (this actually fits the definition of terrorism) than they know that at some point it's going to affect them as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh no, don't give these people an inch.

Its all optics and damage control, Mid Terms are coming and quite frankly, due to massive leftist triggering, the GOP will have scores of media and material to sift through for ADs, lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's a fake dog and pony show.

The Dems send out their main nutjob that people will believe has gone into "Full Retard" mode.

Then Pelosi and Schumer can act as good guys reacting to their own shenanigans.

Nothing has changed, it is all optics. They are still as anti-American as ever.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

ETA: Because his balls are in the purse, that's why.

Ha...my martial arts instructor used that phrase last night explaining why a kick to balls might not always work

top topics

join