It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican's are happier, make more money and own more homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I agree with what you are saying. But when we had regulations restricting the size and scope of corporations and the actions of the bankers is when the US saw the greatest economic growth in the history of mankind.

A 100% free market that does not regulate against monopolies is just as big of a failure as Communism. The only difference is Communism fails a little bit faster.

Until we eliminate private banking the end of every system will be slavery to the bankers and the corporations.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

edit on 25-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I can agree with that. That's a good compromise.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I didn't say it was famous. It was in the same vein as his comments to Joe the Plumber about spreading the wealth around, and those comments were far more famous. It was an answer he gave on the campaign trail. It stuck with me far more than his comments to Joe did although those were pretty bad too.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
If he said such a thing, it would be all over the internet what with Fox News and Breitbart and the Drudge Report and...

Maybe your memory is faulty.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
We have a government of the wealthy, by the wealthy and for the wealthy.
Congress has become a club for the wealthy elite.
They don’t care about the rest of us.
when they leave Washington D.C., members of Congress will continue to collect huge chunks of U.S. taxpayer money

I sure wish that I could collect a pension like that after working for only a few years.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The bigger point which you highlighted quite well is that the right chooses who to share with, based on what they think needs to be shared and if they can.

As opposed to a government that shares for you.

A very nice contrast between progressives and conservatives.

and of course S&F to the OP.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
If he said such a thing, it would be all over the internet what with Fox News and Breitbart and the Drudge Report and...

I can vouch that someone made that statement, but I can't verify who. I remember it being said though.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The bigger point which you highlighted quite well is that the right chooses who to share with, based on what they think needs to be shared and if they can.

As opposed to a government that shares for you.

A very nice contrast between progressives and conservatives.

and of course S&F to the OP.

I agree with the principal behind this idea. But those in the 1% need to be forced to share. Their narcissism and greed will not allow them to do anything that doesn't turn a profit.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Greven

I can vouch that someone made that statement, but I can't verify who. I remember it being said though.

Strangely, the internet doesn't seem to remember such a statement.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The internet doesn't always record everything that is said at every campaign event. It was a random answer, and since it was said at around the same time he was taking heat for Joe the Plumber it was overshadowed.

It was in the same vein.

So are you going to address the issue?

Of course, we could simply talk about "you didn't build that" as the excuse to take or "spread the wealth" both of which he said which outline the same ideology and make the same point.

Do you agree or disagree? Is using government force to take from those you think have what you perceive as too much sharing?
edit on 25-6-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

anti-trust laws should be working to stop that right?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My issue is with you saying something that I don't think actually happened.

Ah yes, the convenient soundbite from the words:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn't – look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

I suppose he should have added "on your own" to the "you didn't build that" bit, but people would probably have left that off too.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

stop doing that, it's totally irrelevant to what she was saying

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
People who have more money than average are consistently happier than people who have an average or below average income.

That's really all there is to it. If you have more money, you're happier. You also tend to be more conservative because you probably didn't earn all that money on your own and the people you stole it from are unhappy. So you vote for lower taxes for upper income brackets:

It creates a loophole on “pass-through” income for people who set up corporations, which could prove a major tax avoidance strategy. Another big loophole exempts foreign income earned by multinational corporations that have U.S. headquarters, creating huge incentives to designate as much “foreign” income as possible. And Republicans want to repeal the alternative minimum tax, which hits high-net worth individuals, and the estate tax, which affects wealthy scions.

You employ people at the lowest possible hourly rate and force them onto government programs rather than paying them enough to keep them off of those programs:

...there are 41.2 million working people, or nearly 30 percent of the workforce, receiving public assistance such as food stamps, housing subsidies and cash assistance to make ends meet. Nearly half of those workers, 19.3 million people, had full-time jobs and most were earning less than $12.16 per hour in wages.

Most importantly, you use a fraction of a fraction of your wealth (because you're beyond income at this point) to have poor people fight among each other than against you:

When corporations free themselves from trade unions, they curtail the freedoms of their workers. When the very rich free themselves from tax, other people suffer through failing public services. When financiers are free to design exotic financial instruments, the rest of us pay for the crises they cause.

So yes. Republicans are, overall, more happy. Because they have more money and not because they work harder.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

anti-trust laws should be working to stop that right?

They stopped actually worrying about those laws a while ago along with globalization. Jeff Besos is worth 100 billion.

Maybe that's a little too big.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I'm not a republican

You have no idea what I own or how happy I am.

This is nonsense.

It is true that the rich elites are mostly republican, there is no way to know if they are happier than anyone else.

ATS used to fight against the rich elites.....oh how times have changed.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

You should read up on the “Southern Strategy”.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

ATS used to fight against the rich elites.....oh how times have changed

Yeah. Booooring!
"I'm only 9 years old and richer than you rich elite fighting losers."

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This doesn’t surprise me as Republicans tend to be successful “winners” at life while their opponents were the ones stuffed in lockers in high school.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well I was bullied until high school when people started realizing my left cross was stronger than theirs. That isn't an excuse for anything.

I also don't like it when someone makes fun of and or marginalizes peoples struggles in this way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join