It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporter gives $300 dollars in tips to three Mexican Nationals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: introvert

It does not make you a moral or ethical person. It makes you feel morally and ethically good, which is where the posted I was responding to was coming from. The emotional aspect.

It does make you a moral and ethical person in that instance. When you do something for someone, without expecting anything in return. That is the very definition of morality. Ethics may be a different story, since they do not mean the exact same thing.

He tipped them for a job they had done. By definition, he got something in return.

What did he get in return for the additional $300 he paid? The job was already paid for, so he didn't get that for the $300 because that was never a part of the bill.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: notsure1

Obviously you have never worked your ass off on a job then got stiffed by some ass hole with no morals or ethics

Oh boy, I bet there are some companies/contractors that have been stiffed by dear leader, I bet they could tell you all about it..just sayin.

As far as tipping goes, if you get good service..you tip..unless you are a jerk.

I don't even know how to reply to this... you think Everybody who performs a service, gets tipped? Are you serious?

I have never seen such mental acrobatics Just to downplay another person's good deed... you REALLY don't want a Trump supporter to have done something nice, do you? Are you really that childish and bitter??

Just to be clear, you are saying if they did a good job, and he Hadn't given those Mexicans a free $100 extra dollars each, then he would be a "jerk"? This is what you are saying?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No, you misunderstand..I should of been clearer(probably should not of posted but couldn't resist replying to notsure 1 about getting hosed). I'm referring to jobs where a tip is customary, construction jobs don't really fall in that category, I think it's a nice thing the OP did..for what it's worth.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

The plight of the human soul, an understanding that it is equally important and soothing for the soul to give than to receive. When I say give, I mean an unrestricted desire to contribute by any means necessary, whether that be by labour, support, money, protection, accommodation. Some folks have these traits in abundance, others do not.

Ok. And how did you come to the conclusion that the OP was that sort of person based on his OP?

In fact, what the OP did say may contradict what you are trying to push:

It wasn't a lot but I thought it was decent. I guess I am somewhat conditioned as I grew up working on my Grandparents farms picking fruit and veggies.

Sounds like it may have been out of sympathy, not out of a desire to give and not receive.

Oh My... Now showing Sympathy is not even considered moral? And if you give out of sympathy, it's not the same as "just giving"? Wow you are all kinds of bass ackwards...

The effort you have put into trying to downplay this kind, selfless act, is nothing less than disgusting. You want to find the source of problems and division in the country? It's right here. In your posts.

Next you will explain how he was actually just being greedy and selfish, and in fact it was racist to assume those people needed help. There is no satisfying you people.

I mean, I understand it must be hard for you to realize basically your entire life was wasted promoting Cultural Marxism, a total poison to the human mind and the society in which it lives. I get that. But, at least be man enough to admit you made a mistake. Don't go around being a little poor sport, bickering just to waste others timex and attempt to drag them down to Your level of unhappiness...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No, you misunderstand..I should of been clearer(probably should not of posted but couldn't resist replying to notsure 1 about getting hosed). I'm referring to jobs where a tip is customary, construction jobs don't really fall in that category, I think it's a nice thing the OP did..for what it's worth.

Ok, sorry about that then. I am sure it was me who was in the wrong because I let myself get carried away.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

No sweat, I wasn't very clear at all..I shouldn't of posted, I was taking a jab/making a point at notsure1(bad form on my part)
I added my bit about tipping to try and stay on topic, but failed to make a relevant point(to the topic)..I can get carried away myself, so I understand. I keep telling myself not to get drawn into this stuff.
Peace brother

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: introvert

It does not make you a moral or ethical person. It makes you feel morally and ethically good, which is where the posted I was responding to was coming from. The emotional aspect.

It does make you a moral and ethical person in that instance. When you do something for someone, without expecting anything in return. That is the very definition of morality. Ethics may be a different story, since they do not mean the exact same thing.

He tipped them for a job they had done. By definition, he got something in return.

He already paid them for the job that was done. He didn't have to tip anything. He said they did an excellent job which is why he tipped. Morally it was good that he tipped them. He didn't get anything in return for the tip, and since it was a good thing and not a bad thing that he did, it is considered morally good.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I agree also.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Correct, aside from "mandated" tips for eating in a restaurant or a haircut, my lifetime tips are probably less than $750. The job they did was so far above what I expected. Based on the quality of their work I gave them a tip. Their quote via the General Contractors per square foot cost was average to above average so they were not cheap and yes they were also paid. Simply they did everything I asked them to do a T and I previously had supervised skilled trades guys so I know what goes on at times. I also gave it to them as a means of encouragement in their lifes journey. Workmanship was exceptional for finish work performed in the South.
edit on 26-6-2018 by Jake56 because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Sympathy, encouragement and a simple thanks.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Correct. I have had it with the lies, bull# and grandstanding by a bunch of morally corrupt media types and politicians along with LARPS on ATS . This isn't about Trump. "They" are dumping on all of us, white, black and " indifferent "

I also don't run with the 1%. I was near that group in life and they are a strange entity onto themselves. That's another story for another day.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You from Australia? Enough said.

Also some words of wisdom.

Never assume that others think like you think. Its the #1 mistake made by everyone who populates this planet; and has been since man showed up. It leads to failed business plans, lost elections and accounts for why things just don't work out among people.

I once thought that way once until I sat down and listened to others goals and objectives. You are not jaded, your just not listening. Once you listen you can countermeasure your opponent and get some wins.
edit on 26-6-2018 by Jake56 because: added

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Compared to the person who does Not tip their waitress? Yes, they are more ethical and moral, because they know these families depend on tips. In this economy, every last bit helps.

Do not confuse ethics and morality with generosity. One may not have anything whatsoever to do with the others.

He was only required to pay them the bill owed. By giving them an extra tip, which people do because they know that money will help this person to do something they were not able to do before they received that Extra, Unexpected money, was in fact very generous and indicative of a good sense of morals and ethics.

Your confusing things again. Also, it appears you are making an assumption about the person's intent.

How do you know that the person in this case did so because they know/knew that money would help them do something they were not able to do before?

So, perhaps you were correct in saying that, technically, these are not the most accurate words to describe his situation.

So you agree. What exactly are you arguing about then?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Oh My... Now showing Sympathy is not even considered moral?

No. Sympathy may not have anything to do with morals, right or wrong.

And if you give out of sympathy, it's not the same as "just giving"?

No. By definition.

The effort you have put into trying to downplay this kind, selfless act, is nothing less than disgusting. You want to find the source of problems and division in the country? It's right here. In your posts.

Where exactly did I downplay the act? I don't believe I've actually mentioned my personal opinion about the act itself. All I was saying is that the members statements about morality and ethics was completely absurd and has nothing to do with it.

A point you already conceded to.

Yet I'm a source of division in this country? That makes no sense.

Next you will explain how he was actually just being greedy and selfish, and in fact it was racist to assume those people needed help. There is no satisfying you people.

I would say no such thing. You're now being just as absurd as the comments from the other member. Perhaps people such as yourself are part of the problem. You cannot even make reasonable, factually correct statements without injecting ignorant assumptions and emotional horse#.

I mean, I understand it must be hard for you to realize basically your entire life was wasted promoting Cultural Marxism, a total poison to the human mind and the society in which it lives. I get that. But, at least be man enough to admit you made a mistake. Don't go around being a little poor sport, bickering just to waste others timex and attempt to drag them down to Your level of unhappiness...

Admit I made a mistake? Why? You already said I was correct.

As for the rest of your nonsense, it's just that. Nonsense.

Cultural Marxism?

Sure. Do you piss your pants at shadows on the wall as well?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

Sounds to me like they weren’t guys that just do a job but the kind of guys that sign their name to it. Pride in workmanship is a sorely lacking work ethic today. Look at the difference in the furniture fit on a Henry rifle today, compared to even 20 years ago, let alone 50 or 60. The craftsmanship just isn’t there.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Obviously you have never worked your ass off on a job then got stiffed by some ass hole with no morals or ethics

Oh boy, I bet there are some companies/contractors that have been stiffed by dear leader, I bet they could tell you all about it..just sayin.

As far as tipping goes, if you get good service..you tip..unless you are a jerk.

So you are saying Trump supporters are not racist jerks.

Ty that is what we have all been saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
its a lot easier said than done

Only on the internet.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No, didn't say that one way or the other..I don't think I have ever used the word racist, the word has lost it's meaning..thrown around a bit too much.
I'm not even going to explain why I posted to begin with..you know.

For the record..it would be dumb to say there are no racist Trump supporters, just like it would be equally dumb to suggest there are no racist Dems, or equaly dumb to say because you don't care for Trump, you are a libtard..or whatever the word of the day is.
edit on 26-6-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

If you are a bitter and unhappy person. You will live a bitter and unhappy life.

-Quote attributed to a smiling happy Mexican waitress as she was being tipped three dollars on a hundred and fifty dollar bill

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Excellent response. Agree, yes they took pride in their workmanship. Marlin firearms also have been downgraded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join