It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporter gives $300 dollars in tips to three Mexican Nationals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

But your right. That doesn't make me morally a good person, but in that instance it felt morally and ethically good to me.

Bingo. You get it.

It does not make you a moral or ethical person. It makes you feel morally and ethically good, which is where the posted I was responding to was coming from. The emotional aspect.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: odzeandennz

Not for those that actually achieve psychological maturity in adulthood.

so a comment about respect and your quip is to disrespect...

yea, easier said than done.
bet you couldn't wait to say that

keep on setting examples.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: introvert

It has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with the content of ones character.

Grow up.

Ok. What other aspect involved in this story is an indication of their morality or ethics?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Cards on the table though mate... I bet the waitress you tipped $200 was really pretty and pretended to flirt with ya, right?

Call me jaded, but I don't believe in the concept of people doing anything, simply out of the kindness of their own heart... whether its just a simple personal ego boost, or for some kind of material gain... theirs always an underlying motivation.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with the content of ones character.

Grow up.

Ok. What other aspect involved in this story is an indication of their morality or ethics?

The plight of the human soul, an understanding that it is equally important and soothing for the soul to give than to receive. When I say give, I mean an unrestricted desire to contribute by any means necessary, whether that be by labour, support, money, protection, accommodation. Some folks have these traits in abundance, others do not.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Cards on the table though mate... I bet the waitress you tipped $200 was really pretty and pretended to flirt with ya, right?

Call me jaded, but I don't believe in the concept of people doing anything, simply out of the kindness of their own heart... whether its just a simple personal ego boost, or for some kind of material gain... theirs always an underlying motivation.

I will disagree. I think there are people that do things out of the kindness of their hearts and that can be shown through their acts. But I do not think a kind act itself is any indication of ethics or morality.

Any person with money in their pocket can tip someone for their hard work, even if they are scummy, low-life people that have no ethics or morals whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The plight of the human soul, an understanding that it is equally important and soothing for the soul to give than to receive. When I say give, I mean an unrestricted desire to contribute by any means necessary, whether that be by labour, support, money, protection, accommodation. Some folks have these traits in abundance, others do not.

Ok. And how did you come to the conclusion that the OP was that sort of person based on his OP?

In fact, what the OP did say may contradict what you are trying to push:

It wasn't a lot but I thought it was decent. I guess I am somewhat conditioned as I grew up working on my Grandparents farms picking fruit and veggies.

Sounds like it may have been out of sympathy, not out of a desire to give and not receive.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I will disagree. I think there are people that do things out of the kindness of their hearts and that can be shown through their acts.

Maybe your right... but those few sincere people you speak of, certainly don't have a spare $200 to tip some pretty waitress.

Its the paradox of the situation... If you were truly such a bleeding heart, then you would have already given it to some other person who's financially struggling.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

But your right. That doesn't make me morally a good person, but in that instance it felt morally and ethically good to me.

Bingo. You get it.

It does not make you a moral or ethical person. It makes you feel morally and ethically good, which is where the posted I was responding to was coming from. The emotional aspect.

Progressives = The greatest most awesomest people in the whole wide world. We should all aspire to be just like you guys.... or else.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Bingo. You get it.

Progressives = The greatest most awesomest people in the whole wide world. We should all aspire to be just like you guys.... or else.

I'm not a progressive, but you can be like me if you want.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It does make you a moral and ethical person in that instance. When you do something for someone, without expecting anything in return. That is the very definition of morality. Ethics may be a different story, since they do not mean the exact same thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Nothing further from the truth. I took my wife out to try a different ambience in a new restaurant. We both felt our waitress was doing well above the call of duty in her tasks at hand. She was a younger lady that seemed to be stressed, or at least that is what my empathetic meter was registering. She was a lovely young lady, and in lady I mean she conducted herself in a morally upright manner.

Yes there is motivation for everything. Sometimes all it takes for motivation to be a factor in our daily lives is to just want to be what you personally believe is a better person. Once you start getting joy out of helping other people, you realize it is not about the ego boost. It goes way beyond that. It actually makes a difference in someone else's life.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

It does make you a moral and ethical person in that instance. When you do something for someone, without expecting anything in return. That is the very definition of morality. Ethics may be a different story, since they do not mean the exact same thing.

He tipped them for a job they had done. By definition, he got something in return.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Obviously you have never worked your ass off on a job then got stiffed by some ass hole with no morals or ethics

Oh boy, I bet there are some companies/contractors that have been stiffed by dear leader, I bet they could tell you all about it..just sayin.

As far as tipping goes, if you get good service..you tip..unless you are a jerk.

edit on 25-6-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Grow up.

100% correct. We all reward those whom we feel deserve to be rewarded. Repubs and Dims both do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

Yeah and the Mexicans I work with get showered in tips.

No one even offers me, the white guy, a glass of tepid water.

Reverse racism is still racism eh?

Please don't offend the poor immigrants by tipping them less than a 100 freakin' chicken wangs!

White guy? Tell him to hurry up and GTFO.

#WhutPrivilege!

edit on 25-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

So are we assume DJ Trump, is lacking in the morals and ethics department?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Hey, I have worked side by side on the same crew with Illegal mexicans, worked on the same jobsite with them while in a seperate crew, lived right next door to them, and I have nothing against them personally. I've partied with my old neighbors, we have done each other many neighborly favors, and because I know he is a good guy with no kids outbthere causing problems, I would Probably even help him hide or escape if he was on the run from ICE depending on the circumstances...

That being said, I agree that a Zero Tolerance policy, more stringent border security, etc, is what is best for this country. And a lot of illegals probably agree, because they came here to find a better life, to get AWAY from where they came from...they dont want to see this become "North Mexico" anymore than we do...except maybe the mostly legal communities in southern California, where they treat whites AND blacks like dirt, and are fanatical about taking back "their land".

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

That's because the content of ones character trumps any propaganda construct being pushed, and always will. In a world of diminishing responsibility and positive proactivity, you did a good thing, it will be remembered and you have good morals and ethics, so too others who conduct themselves such as how you have.

Good stuff

That makes no sense.

Using the same logic, anyone that tips their Hispanic waiter/waitress at the restaurant would also have "good morals and ethics".

The ability to hand over money to another individual for the work they have done is in no way indicative of the individual's morals or ethics.

It's absurd to even suggest it.

Compared to the person who does Not tip their waitress? Yes, they are more ethical and moral, because they know these families depend on tips. In this economy, every last bit helps.

Giving a tip is not customary in construction work, as with waiting tables. So, NO, you are not in any way "Using the same logic..."

He was only required to pay them the bill owed. By giving them an extra tip, which people do because they know that money will help this person to do something they were not able to do before they received that Extra, Unexpected money, was in fact very generous and indicative of a good sense of morals and ethics.

Giving when you are not required or expected to, ESPECIALLY when the job is finished so there is practically ZERO chance that he will see Any Reward for his act of generosity, is actually much better than Moral or Ethical... because those terms generally relate to "doing at least the bare minimum to satisfy the current standards of morality and ethics".

So, perhaps you were correct in saying that, technically, these are not the most accurate words to describe his situation. They do not go far enough in praising him. They basically imply that "he did what was minimally necessary to be able to stay in business or to keep his reputation from selfimploding" or "he did not cheat them out of any money or man hours"...

When, in fact, he went FAR above and beyond "the bare minimum" as well as "current standards for morality". So, thank you for reminding us that he deserves a bit more praise than merely "moral and ethical", he's a Superhero! We can all have a chance to be a Superhero, it doesn't always require money, because time and effort are the same thing as money. Imagine giving someone a ride for free or 2 to 5 bucks gas, and then Imagine how much an Uber or Taxi ride would have cost them. Imagine the lady next door has no worming fan or A.C. in her home, and you have an old a.c. unit or fan that you are not using, and imagine the comfort you provided for her, because she was about to choose between a new fan, and refilling her heart medication next month.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think the fact that this thread was ever started is racist in itself. I'm not really sure to whom he is trying to prove he is not a racist. Himself?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join