It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporter gives $300 dollars in tips to three Mexican Nationals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well I was just thinking about whatever happened to Lois Learner and the Lemonade Stands back in 2016.

www.cnsnews.com...

Promote Work Ethic? Government Tickets Children for Selling Lemonade John-Michael Seibler By John-Michael Seibler | June 1, 2016 | 5:34 PM EDT

So in the summer of 2016 we hired a contractor to install a Flagstone patio. We chose the 2" thick stuff. Our General Contractor had a Mexican crew who he said was with him for years. When they arrived 2 out of 3 could not speak any English. The only person who spoke English was the Owner. No issue for me as they did the best work on chipping and installing stone that I have ever seen in my life. I had no idea if they were here illegally as they could be here on temporary work permits or other programs. They were decent men and worked hard in that hot Atlanta sun. Before they completed the job I gave each guy a $100 bill as a small sign of my appreciation.

It wasn't a lot but I thought it was decent. I guess I am somewhat conditioned as I grew up working on my Grandparents farms picking fruit and veggies. It was brutal hot work and we worked along side of the migrant seasonal employees. Because we were family we were paid less and did everything the Latinos did. We all worked daily from June to September from 6:00AM to 2:30PM because of the heat.

I read another thing about some Trump supporter on ATS screaming at some Immigrants.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen that sheet also and it really bugs me. It seems to be a power trip trait among obese women who have a washing machine on the front porch.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Jake56 because: added

edit on 25-6-2018 by Jake56 because: added paragraph

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In the warmer months up her in northern Canada, there's a group of Mexican foreign workers across the street from me, they work at a nearby bee farm.
Quietest people ever, the only time I even see them is when they're gathering up the bee boxes from all over the neighbourhood. They always give a smile and a wave. Nice people.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Im not a Trump supporter...but no one can tell otherwise.

Nonetheless, I married a Mexican. My kids are Mexican, too. Although with the younger one you can't really tell.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Quietest people ever, the only time I even see them is when they're gathering up the bee boxes from all over the neighbourhood

There is a reason for that....

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

So, what you're saying is maybe people shouldn't be so quick to use political ideology as a lazy way to judge people and, instead, use their actions.

Now that's good thinking.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Sry man I don't buy it. If you a Trump supporter, well then your racist. [sarc]
At least that is what the MSM tells me.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So, what you're saying is maybe people shouldn't be so quick to use political ideology as a lazy way to judge people and, instead, use their actions.

Now that's good thinking.

its a lot easier said than done

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Not for those that actually achieve psychological maturity in adulthood.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That's because the content of ones character trumps any propaganda construct being pushed, and always will. In a world of diminishing responsibility and positive proactivity, you did a good thing, it will be remembered and you have good morals and ethics, so too others who conduct themselves such as how you have.

Good stuff

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Ha thanks for the response. I had one job and was in mid level management and had a department of 45 employees in several plants across two states.

Although our President said that he wanted the other Managers for their next years goal to emulate my department which he said "was so well trained and so well structured such that it could run by itself", I was terminated by my bible thumping Vice President boss within two weeks of the Presidents message. It could have been a front but I don't think so. Yep the "hugging" Minister was scum. That guy berated me for years and "took me to the wood shed" daily as I had to hear his daily rants. Was it because I had a Gay male, Lesbian a Hell's Angels Biker and a 50+ something male as Group - Team Leaders? They were all excellent, decent communicators, leaders and sound human beings. I was proud to have them on staff. They made Mr. Hugg's and his boss MONEY!

edit on 25-6-2018 by Jake56 because: typo

edit on 25-6-2018 by Jake56 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It is getting a little crazy. Can't they just be people first and then later we can find out who they voted for.

And in other news...

Trump Supporter orders two big macs at McDonalds
Trump Supporter mows grass and then drinkds a big glass of lemonaid
Trump Supporter calls in sick for work to watch Mariners Baseball game!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

That's because the content of ones character trumps any propaganda construct being pushed, and always will. In a world of diminishing responsibility and positive proactivity, you did a good thing, it will be remembered and you have good morals and ethics, so too others who conduct themselves such as how you have.

Good stuff

That makes no sense.

Using the same logic, anyone that tips their Hispanic waiter/waitress at the restaurant would also have "good morals and ethics".

The ability to hand over money to another individual for the work they have done is in no way indicative of the individual's morals or ethics.

It's absurd to even suggest it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Good stuff

That makes no sense.

Using the same logic, anyone that tips their Hispanic waiter/waitress at the restaurant would also have "good morals and ethics".

The ability to hand over money to another individual for the work they have done is in no way indicative of the individual's morals or ethics.

It has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with the content of ones character.

Grow up.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Paying someone for services performed has everything to do with morals and ethics. What a dumb thing to say..

Obviously you have never worked your ass off on a job then got stiffed by some ass hole with no morals or ethics
edit on 25-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jake56
a reply to: highvein

Ha thanks for the response. I had one job and was in mid level management and had a department of 45 employees in several plants across two states.

Although our President said that he wanted the other Managers for their next years goal to emulate my department which he said "was so well trained and so well structured such that it could run by itself", I was terminated by my bible thumping Vice President boss within two weeks of the Presidents message. It could have been a front but I don't think so. Yep the "hugging" Minister was scum. That guy berated me for years and "took me to the wood shed" daily as I had to hear his daily rants. Was it because I had a Gay male, Lesbian a Hell's Angels Biker and a 50+ something male as Group - Team Leaders? They were all excellent, decent communicators, leaders and sound human beings. I was proud to have them on staff. They made Mr. Hugg's and his boss MONEY!

That goes to show you. There are always stupid people who don't care about the character of a person's personality. If you don't believe like them they just want to put you down. Good for you for what you done.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Obviously you've never seen the face of a waiter/waitress when you leave them a $200.00 tip. They don't make a lot of money. When they do a good job I reward them for it. I once had a waitress come and find me before I walked out the door and thanked me with tears in her eyes for the tip I left. It felt good knowing I helped her in what little way I could. But your right. That doesn't make me morally a good person, but in that instance it felt morally and ethically good to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There are plenty of decent trump supporters unfortunately it is the rudest of the bunch that get all the attention, trump is not helping as he is leading the politically incorrect, twitter troll war and making it seemingly ok to be a jerk to other people in public. We have seen a tenfold increase of people being rude to minorities in public since trump as elected and I think the two go hand in hand. I know there are people on all sides pulling this crap but it does seem that minorities are taking the brunt of these attacks lately. I have seen videos of people being rude to everything from Greeks to somalians to Hispanics to filipinos. SMH

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Good stuff

That makes no sense.

It has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with the content of ones character.

Grow up.

True, but in this case you are specifically tying their "morality and ethics" to the act of giving money.

That is absurd.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Paying someone for services performed has everything to do with morals and ethics. What a dumb thing to say..

Or a sense of obligation.

Paying someone, or tipping them, for services rendered is not a sign of one's morality of ethics.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Grow up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join