It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disinformation seems to be the real problem here in the US.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
When I day "disinformation", I am referring to the slight twist that is applied to stories according to how the narrator wants you to react. It hit me from this thread, and this article.

Most immigrants who enter the country do so legally, federal data shows

President Trump this weekend lamented what he characterized as an invasion of undocumented immigrants that is “very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years.” But illegal border crossings represent a relatively small share of the number of people who enter the country, legally or otherwise, in any given year, according to the Department of Homeland Security's data. A September 2017 Office of Immigration Statistics data brief estimated that in fiscal year 2016, the latest year for which complete data is available, there were 170,000 successful illegal border crossings occurring outside of authorized ports of entry. That's down roughly 90 percent since 2000, and it's about one-seventh of the roughly 1.2 million immigrants who obtained lawful permanent resident status via a green card, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

then, you get to the end:

“We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country,” Trump said on Twitter this past weekend. But the premise behind these words is false. The latest federal data, compiled by President Trump's own Department of Homeland Security, indicates that most immigrants who enter the country do so legally. The number entering illegally, meanwhile, continues to drop precipitously.

Perhaps I really don't get this, but it's my sincere impression that we aren't arresting people who enter the country illegally, I think we are just arresting the one's who cross the border illegally. If that is the case, and I really do understand this, then what exactly is the point of this article, with reference to Trump? It's social manipulation.

And I won't say only the liberal news sources do it, although, there seem to be an awful lot of liberal news outlets.

So yes, I agree we are all being played. I just wonder if we will need to study the lemmings so we can avoid the inevitable in a few years.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was under the impression that everyone here illegally, including the two-thirds who overstayed their visas, were MS-13 members or at the very least, unaffiliated homicidal rapist drug dealers.

MURDER! MURDER! MURDER! RAPE! RAPE! RAPE! MS-13! MS-13! MS-13! BAD HOMBRES! REMEMBER KATE! ANIMALS! MS-13! MS-13! MS-13! ANGEL FAMILIES! RAPE! RAPE! RAPE! MS-13! MS-13! MS-13! INVADERS ARE INFESTING AND THEY TURN INTO MS-13! ANGEL FAMILIES!

When it comes to illegal immigration and manipulation, nobody really holds a candle to Trump and his demagoguery. Illegal border crossings have been falling for several years ago. We hit net negative illegal immigration population growth years back.

You know that. You've seen the data. Which should make it seem fairly #ing odd that Trump comes into office and all of a sudden, it's time to call the national guard to the border and build a giant wall.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

so you are an open border proponent as well?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I was under the impression that everyone here illegally, including the two-thirds who overstayed their visas, were MS-13 members or at the very least, unaffiliated homicidal rapist drug dealers.

I was never under that impression, but I do realize the problem exists with MS-13 (think of the children sucked up by that!) and we either face it or succumb to increasing problems. You are too affected, Ante, by the disingenuous propaganda and those three letters that signify blind hatred.

Net: If, and I pray God not, these purveyors of disingenuous information and manufactured division ever do manage to cause great civil unrest, or worse; civil warring, their faces are well-known and I imagine that would be to their disadvantage.

edit on 25-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Oh yea. If the bad man was to come out, he would go to the news offices first. He who controls the information, has total control. But I hope it never comes to something that drastic.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

MURDER! MURDER! MURDER! RAPE! RAPE! RAPE! MS-13! MS-13! MS-13! BAD HOMBRES! REMEMBER KATE! ANIMALS! MS-13! MS-13! MS-13! ANGEL FAMILIES! RAPE! RAPE! RAPE! MS-13! MS-13! MS-13! INVADERS ARE INFESTING AND THEY TURN INTO MS-13! ANGEL FAMILIES!

When it comes to illegal immigration and manipulation, nobody really holds a candle to Trump and his demagoguery. Illegal border crossings have been falling for several years ago. We hit net negative illegal immigration population growth years back.

You know that. You've seen the data. Which should make it seem fairly #ing odd that Trump comes into office and all of a sudden, it's time to call the national guard to the border and build a giant wall.

So we are fighting in America right now because roughly 2,000 children have been temporarily separated from thier parents, but who cares about the roughly 4,200 people killed in the US each year by illegal aliens. A secure border could help with that. But angel parents? Screw them, right?

Because they don't count, to you.

Thanks for an honest look into your head.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so you are an open border proponent as well?

One thing I seem to have noticed in this recent discussion is that most on the left aren't for open borders in spite of what the globalist-corporate left media pushes and the right-leaning media claims about democrats. That's encouraging and suggests that there's room to start addressing the reality of the situation, more dialogue, and fixing the system as humanely as possible.

Hopefully this discussion will soon turn towards the "Uni-Party" whose responsibility it is i.e. the swamp critters of both parties and the corporate fools and their evil lobbyists and assorted other globalist idiots who continue to sabotage a solution.

The Wall would actually help that and I say that as a person who wasn't onboard with the idea of the wall at first. As I educated myself more I started seeing why it is actually a good idea and for a number of reasons to include the cooperation starting to form between cartels and terroists. It's certainly not a fix-all but it does contain a lot of common sense for application.

edit on 25-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

remember a few years ago when we were all pissed at lifelong politicians? We threatened to vote them all out. I think we need to get back to that, replace these leaches, and pass some legislation FOR THE PEOPLE. Like Term limits, congress gets the same healthcare they make us have, when you are done serving , you get a nice pin, not an all expenses paid retirement for 4 #ing years of service.

When you look at how ineffective the GOP has been, you kind of have to see that side of this.

But I think if the left realized what they wanted, instead of focusing on anything not Trump, we might find some common ground, and it will likely include removing corrupt assholes from the government.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

when you take valid concerns and make fun of them, you destroy any chance of resolution for anyone.

It doesn't matter if any are MS-13 members. If we are allowing them in for humanitarian reasons then its a scathing indictment of the American voter to begin with, as it is the US government that created the problem. We failed, and continue to fail, when it comes to holding elected official accountable. The proof of this is the long standing nature of incumbant positions.

Who is here illegally is irrelevant. If we need immigrants, we need to create the programs that allow for it. Otherwise, i would like to suggest a few other laws that we stop enforcing out of humanitarian reasons, like not separating families.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Wait....how do they know how many have crossed illegally??

That would mean they see or know of them as they're crossing....but just don't catch them??

It seems that some must be coming in undetected, right? So, how can they say that "only" such and such amount are here illegally? Are the illegal aliens signing up on the "I'm here illegally" list?

Those numbers seem suspicious to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree disinformation or propaganda. We listen to and watch it on radio, youtube and Tv stations daily.

The media that doesn't give us propaganda gives us fluff news to distract us and misinforms us by ommission...meaning they don't actually tell us any news other than what Kim and Kanye are doing this morning.

There is an easy solution. Turn off the radio...turn off the TV and stop watching any news pundits online. That's what I do. If it's not happening on ATS or FACEBOOK then it doesn't concern me.

When I say facebook, I mean I check it a couple of times a day...if there's a Tsunami or Celebrity death I know it right away. I check ATS but never check it in the evenings. Too much ATS is bad for you as well. Way too much negativity on here.

How many times are you going to fall for the "But there's an investigation and soon Hillary, I mean Obama, I mean Trump, ...are going to be behind bars." line.
edit on 25-6-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join