It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporter berates landscapers because they're 'Mexican,' 'rapists and animals'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

So... that means that they want to do it?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

i think some parts of the country see it worse than others, i have relatives in texas that are very anti illegal because they are seeing a lot more negative aspect

I get that too, I grew up on the border, and in those areas its bad, as well as crime and cartel activity crossing over. Which is why I side so much with immigration issues.

i live in chicago where the second highest economic booming neighborhood after the gold coast is la villita an overwhelmingly majority mexican neighborhood

would be interesting to see the demographic there and how many are legal and illegal. not casting dispersion's, just be interesting for both sides to see the data

chicago is not without its share of crime and gun violence but overall crime is down, compared to the 80,s and 90's we are living in the leave it to beaver days!

Also glad to hear, which again is where partisanship comes in, the far right will only report the numbers that sound terrible, but they wont tell you about how its gotten BETTER.

Goes to my point about each side passing off a narrative instead of including facts with them in order to influence a viewpoint.

None of us are immune, ive fallen victim myself, but the owness is on our part to seek out truth.

I hope you and your family are well and are prospering.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So... that means that they want to do it?

well apparently enough them do on both sides or they wouldnt have earned a spot on the ballot.

I have to ask, do you argue just to argue or is it something else?

Its happening, period.

If a majority say no, then they wont.

I guess we will see in Nov

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Yes.

I suppose i left that one open didnt I , touche'

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

There are going to be gangsters running amok in any community both new migrants and deeply rooted, it was always been the case going back to the Irish , Italians, German Jews etc , but with Illegals they are amongst the least committed to crime, if for no other reason, get caught be gone, keep your head down, do crappy jobs send remittance home.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

There are going to be gangsters running amok in any community both new migrants and deeply rooted, it was always been the case going back to the Irish , Italians, German Jews etc , but with Illegals they are amongst the least committed to crime, if for no other reason, get caught be gone, keep your head down, do crappy jobs send remittance home.

But they arent gone, they come back and continue their activities, get deported again and come back again.

This is a reoccurring theme.

And even at that the whole mindset of "well there will always be" is no excuse to not vet and import more.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

But they arent gone, they come back and continue their activities, get deported again and come back again.

If that is the case, they are getting away with a felony. And that should be dealt with. It should also be quite clear cut.

As opposed to those who are showing up for the first time. Which is a misdemeanor, and which does not preclude a claim of asylum.

edit on 6/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

thanks for the cordial reply. now only if more people with opposing views can speak to each other with respect maybe we can sit down at the table and get some stuff done!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Spider879

This is a reoccurring theme.

And even at that the whole mindset of "well there will always be" is no excuse to not vet and import more.

Don't get me wrong, I am for legal immigration and vetting, as illegals tends to depress wages and have very little rights, but what's going on here is criminalising entire communities , and don't think for one second that they will stop at illegals , for they are also after legals as well, this is some long existing nativists culture that ebbed and flows, and all it take is a demagogue to come along and push the right buttons, we always come back and at a later generation and and say WTF was that all about, we said it about the Chinese after they finished building the railroads and the Japanese Americans later during WWII now this generation have this challenge before us, are we gonna be on the right side of history this time??
Oh one more thing, some may not be here for purely economic reasons ,but running for their lives, sending them back into that hell is itself criminal.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

thanks for the cordial reply. now only if more people with opposing views can speak to each other with respect maybe we can sit down at the table and get some stuff done!

If only we could do that.

Im harsh in my replies sometimes I concede, but its more to point out the blatant bs involved, I know that shouldnt be an excuse.

The problem weve run into anymore is there is no discourse, theres just violence of action and words, no debates, no talk of facts, just knee jerk responses based on emotional confirmation bias.

When really facts dont have a side, they just are what they are

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

very well put. i will add that the fears are based off fact that so many have come so fast that it has literally changed the landscape of america. i don't think people alive now remember the last major immigrant wave, all they know is the "good old days" pre mass immigration wave, hence make america great again.

percentage wise this latest wave is just another repeat of history as prior waves also felt anti immigrant mentality. we are in the midst of a major demographic change in america and some people fear that change.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Don't get me wrong, I am for legal immigration and vetting, as illegals tends to depress wages and have very little rights

agreed

and don't think for one second that they will stop at illegals , for they are also after legals as well

Really? where are they coming after legal citizens to enforce the same punishments as illegals?

we said it about the Chinese and the Japanese Americans during WWII now this generation have this challenge before us, are we gonna be on the right side of history this time??

False equivalency, we arent imposing these on legal citizens, please site where this is happening, where we are deporting legal citizens

Oh one more thing, some may not be here for purely economic reasons ,but running for their lives, sending them back into that hell is itself criminal.

Some yes, but not all, which is why vetting is needed

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I am a 5th generation white man in a place where white people have never been in the majority but held power for a quite a while.

It provides an interesting perspective. In comparison.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Do you think there is none?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Agree fear is the real motive behind this and much of it unwarranted, America has been flexible enough to make new Americans, who'd think someone living at the turn of the 20th century an Irish Catholic would ever become POTUS.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Do you think there is none?

Of course I dont think there is none, which is why i said vetting is needed, which is why i said "some" it doesnt negate the need.

Just like not all people should have a gun."ie mental problems, felons, etc" the equivocation is the same.

Where do you hope to go with this question?
edit on 27-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Clarification.

It worked.

edit on 6/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

i am a 5th generation hispanic american and i have family members that live in areas of the country and in mexico that have an entirely different outlook on life than i do. perspective is everything.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Lawsuit: Diversity visas denied to residents of travel ban nations
www.tasoff.com...

Like I said legal immigrants, is Green card holders, citizens is much harder for now, but according to the rhetoric in some corners that could be a thing as well.

President-elect Donald Trump suggested Tuesday morning in a tweet that anyone who burns an American flag should suffer “consequences” such as having their citizenship taken away or spending a year in jail.
amp.timeinc.net...=https://www.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

Are you gonna say I shouldn't take the man at his word?? give him enough rope and time he will hang all of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join