It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America after SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Retires

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I've been on the fence with Gowdy lately he's said some things that made me scratch my head lately

We must be stuck in the same vortex today because I feel the same.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

LOL, yea keep that guy away please, I can't listen to the guy for more than 10 seconds so I wouldn't know what his philosophy is

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Also there is this if true ? Could be a big game changer and also could be a good thing or a very bad thing..

Supreme Court Hands Trump The Power To Fire Thousands Of Judges
Perhaps the biggest roadblock to Trump’s MAGA agenda has been radical, liberal judges. These men and women, appointed by previous presidents and other powers, have interfered with President Trump’s lawful authority.

But that’s all about to change.

Judges are supposed to be impartial. They have a solemn duty to uphold our laws. Decisions made by judges can decide the fate of not just one person, but millions. Judges that preside over federal issues can very well affect the lives of every last American.

We’ve seen how radical judges can harm our country. Obama-appointed judges have overstepped their bounds by attacking Trump’s lawful executive orders. They have allowed their personal, political views to violate their responsibilities.

Not only that, but certain groups within our government have been appointing judges—without the approval of the president. This is clearly a violation of the Constitution. Thankfully, the Supreme Court felt so too. Now many questionable judges are about to get their walking papers

washingtonpost24.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: amazing
Let's keep in mind that not all conservative ideals are good. it's one reason I'm a registered independent, because just when I think some crazy liberal ideas have pushed me towards the edge, I get some craziness from the republican side.

It's that balance of liberal and Conservative that makes the country great. Too much of one or the other and we become off balance.

Thats why it's not entirely bad that a republican replaced Obama. It's how it's meant to be. it brings balance.

You really don't want all of your supreme court justices to be conservative.

Liberalism is a demographic group set aside to enslave the ignorant....

Do tell. LOL I mean what about conservatives...or modern republicans. Aren't they doing the same thing. Enslaving the ignorant? And if modern republicans aren't conservatives then why vote for them?

What ?
That doesnt even make sense in regard to my post.

Oh , I see...
The sad , old , tired "I know you are , but what am I" spiel never to be used off the playground.
Return there.

No! I never said anything like that. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

You said Liberals is a group that only wants to enslave the ignorant. I said conservatives do the same thing. I corrected your post. You left out half our government. Please tell me how I'm wrong. Instead of whatever weird little deflection you just made.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

LOL, yea keep that guy away please, I can't listen to the guy for more than 10 seconds so I wouldn't know what his philosophy is

He's big on the Federalist Papers and modern application of Founding Fathers' ideals. I'm down with both, but Glen isn't reliable nor does he have any legal background.

I like Thomas Lee, David Stras, and Allison Eid, myself. Any would make an excellent SCOTUS Justice.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Ahhhh, Ben Shapiro did a thing on it for a while he's the one who really introduced it to me probably a few years ago now. Can't remember but that's when I was already on the classical liberal track and that was just icing on the cake

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Also there is this if true ? Could be a big game changer and also could be a good thing or a very bad thing..

Supreme Court Hands Trump The Power To Fire Thousands Of Judges
Perhaps the biggest roadblock to Trump’s MAGA agenda has been radical, liberal judges. These men and women, appointed by previous presidents and other powers, have interfered with President Trump’s lawful authority.

But that’s all about to change.

Judges are supposed to be impartial. They have a solemn duty to uphold our laws. Decisions made by judges can decide the fate of not just one person, but millions. Judges that preside over federal issues can very well affect the lives of every last American.

We’ve seen how radical judges can harm our country. Obama-appointed judges have overstepped their bounds by attacking Trump’s lawful executive orders. They have allowed their personal, political views to violate their responsibilities.

Not only that, but certain groups within our government have been appointing judges—without the approval of the president. This is clearly a violation of the Constitution. Thankfully, the Supreme Court felt so too. Now many questionable judges are about to get their walking papers

washingtonpost24.com...

WOW,

Even more WINNING, imagine that.

No wonder the Dems have gone full retard.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Just a reminder, SCOTUS has been stacked conservative for over a generation already. The GOP's refusal to confirm a new justice was a disgusting display of partisan hackery that will not be forgotten anytime soon.

And the 4 justice minority, which held that law enforcement should be able to get Americans' location data from cell phone providers without a warrant, was — you guessed it — entirely conservative.

You really think these people praising more conservative justices give a damn about history and the truth of the matter at hand? Remember they think they are repressed peoples that have never had control of the government before to bring them a voice. Its amazing how 8 years of Obama made the biggest snowflakes in the world that forgot everything that happened before him.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The dumbass United Nations, for one. We don't always have to adopt and ratify UN resolutions, but it is definitely now a consideration because when we do, they're considered treaties, which are considered law of the land.

But I get your point--at some point, the SCOTUS went from interpreting the COTUS as it was intended to interpreting it as they think that it should be applied now, and that was never what was intended.

That's what the amendment process is for, if we don't like how the COTUS limits the federal government or applies to the individual.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Looks like there will be more rulings like the travel ban enforcement soon!!

Once Trump stacks the SCOTUS it will all but be over for the county's left leanings...Should right the ship for the next say 20-30 years...

#winning!!
#MAGA

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ginsberg may retire with Trump in office too.

My God.

💥🚬💥

I suspect Ginsburg might die before long. She looks like a gentle breeze might blow her over, and in the most recent Supreme Court publicity photo she's the only justice who is sitting, suggesting that she couldn't even manage to stand up for the minute or two required to compose a picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: ketsuko

The dumbass United Nations, for one. We don't always have to adopt and ratify UN resolutions, but it is definitely now a consideration because when we do, they're considered treaties, which are considered law of the land.

But I get your point--at some point, the SCOTUS went from interpreting the COTUS as it was intended to interpreting it as they think that it should be applied now, and that was never what was intended.

That's what the amendment process is for, if we don't like how the COTUS limits the federal government or applies to the individual.

There is hope after all.

Excellent catch.

IMO that was their deciding factor that you outlined.

What will be interesting for me is if there is any room for those said countries to conform to to the points raised by the ban or if this is just as was stated a ban on muslims.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

this effects everyone from those countries EVEN christians and buddist to atheist. its not just a ban on muslims. its everyone.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: howtonhawky

this effects everyone from those countries EVEN christians and buddist to atheist. its not just a ban on muslims. its everyone.

That is my hope also.

Looking at the details it seems as though there are exceptions written in.

In the future those exceptions will tell the tale.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Saturday, July 7, 2018

Are U.S. Congressmen informed of the President's pick for Supreme Court Justice before the public is?

Senator Orrin Hatch "slipped?" and indicated that Judge AMY CONEY BARRETT will be chosen to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join