It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing Political hay or real xenophobic hate crimes against humanity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: seeker1963

I thought it was the DOJ that was separating the children from their mothers? Do I have the story wrong?

If NGO's and Progressives organizations were not supporting violating our immigration laws and encouraging these people to cross our borders illegally how many do you think would make the trip?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Just can't believe there are 2000 mothers who are rapists who need to be separated from their children. What did these mothers do? Did they rape a bunch of middle age and old white men on their way to the Elks club?

They crossed the border illegally. According to a Supreme Court decision the children had to be seperated.

Do you actually listen to facts and understand the laws? Do you use logic when making decisions on what is best for US citizens? Or do you live solely on emotion devoid of any attempt to understand the issue and how we got here in the first place?

Trump is not the problem he is the solution.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
AS to your OP, I believe this is being politicized. As stated in most of the 2,356 threads on the subject, this policy has been in effect since 1997. The caged kid pic was under Obama. In other words, this is a bi-partisan issue. The press has just now made it an issue. Why now? I can speculate but consider this....46000 children are reported missing in the US ANNUALLY. That's 460,000 kids separated from their families compared to 2,000 illegal immigrant kids.
globalmissingkids.org...

In addition, human trafficking is an epidemic.
www.humanrightsfirst.org...

This is not whataboutism(fake term)...this is my opinion that the media is using this issue just for an agenda, otherwse they would be fightin mad over ALL kids.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Just can't believe there are 2000 mothers who are rapists who need to be separated from their children. What did these mothers do? Did they rape a bunch of middle age and old white men on their way to the Elks club?

Im not following you here....

....the children are seperated from their children while they are incarcerated. Their incarcerations generally tend to last beyond the 20 day maximum we are allowed by law to detain their children.

So what do we do? Can we just admit that this is the stupidest damned thing, and was obviously meant to be a failing point by whoever designed it?

On the other side...what about my rights as a tax paying citizen? Do I not have the right to a secure border, so that I can be secure in my belongings? Should the desires of poeple in NYC cause Texas to have to deal with a leaky border?

We are forgetting that there are victims in illegal immigration...and we have a right to grievance as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Stop making this about me and focus on the topic of the thread.

The idea the parents are responsible for what the US government is doing by their choice to illegally enter the United States is just dumb. This is like saying the Jews are responsible for being gassed in Germany because they had plenty of opportunity to leave Germany before Hitler came to power.

YOU put YOUR kids into harms way and its YOUR fault.

Likewise, broadcast to the world everybody come here and get handed the PROMISED LAND, especially if you bring your kid with you, and part of the blame is on those people doing the broadcasting, the organizing of the caravans, the autistic screeching, and so on.

Or are we supposed to pave them a Yellowbrick Road to the Yum Yum Forest?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I love my kids more than anything in the World. I would absolutely lose my mind if I were separated from them for any reason. There would be no limit to what I would do to find them or get them back. For me, at least, this is a very strong primal cord of humanity. It may be my absolute strongest value of what I would consider what it means to be a human being.

I guess the question to ask yourself is if being separated from your child is the absolute worst thing that could happen... such as your child being physically and/or sexually abused... or injected with psychoactive drugs without your knowledge or consent... and obviously there would be no limits to what you would do to stop that abuse.

That said, the media loves to make money and exploit bad situations that pull on people's heart cords. Is all the stories about separating children from their parents just political hay for ratings so the media pigs can make more money? Or, is it really some kind of crime against humanity to be so utterly cruel, heartless, and having no shred of compassion for fellow human beings? Is making babies cry what government means in 2018?

Wouldn't you think that it would pull even harder on the people's heart chords to know children were not just separated from their parents, but were beaten and raped and drugged while separated?

So to me, the better question to ask is why the media is focusing on grossly misrepresented stories when there are much greater abuses known??? Is it worse to separate a child from their parents or to abuse a child???

"REP. PRAMILA JAYAPAL: I heard from the 174 women that I met with at the federal prison—they’re being held at a prison because all the detention centers are filled. These are 206 individuals who were transferred from Texas, from the border, to a federal prison. Some of them, about 40 percent of them, had been in detention for over a month. Not a single one of the mothers had seen their children. Not a single one of them had been able to say goodbye to their children. And only two out of the—all of the mothers that were there even knew where their children were."

Note that there are lots of numbers thrown in there, but we still have no idea just how many mothers she's really talking about... she heard from 174 women. That doesn't tell us how many are mothers separated from their children. About 40% of that 174 had been in detention for about a month. That doesn't tell us how many are mothers separated from their children. Not a single one of the mothers had seen their children or said goodbye. That doesn't tell us how many are mothers separated from their children. And only two of the mothers knew where their children were (and for all we know their kids are still in her home country!) We know that at least 2 of the 174 women are mothers. That's all we know. "Only two"... but that might be "only two" out of three for all we know.

If the numbers were as bad as they want us to think, they would be giving us the numbers. But they're not.

So which is it? No big deal but just media pulling on heart strings? Or is there something outrageously reprehensible human behavior by government policies?

Neither. It's a major coverup of much worse.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The reprehensible human behavior is that these adults would drag their children to our border and put them in the position of being detained because their parents chose to break the law and apply for asylum for reasons that are not listed as acceptable reasons (for the most part).

There's no excuse for this behavior, and as time goes on, the more pissed off I get at these parents for doing this.

I get that they come from places that suck ass--I fully understand that--but if you're willingly and knowingly going to break laws and bring your children with you in order to do it, and expect them not to cry and have issues when they have to see mommy and daddy taken away to a separate detention facility for breaking the law, that's hardly the government's doing.

And you have just confirmed my suspicions...you are Liam Neeson, aren't you?

The idea the parents are responsible for what the US government is doing by their choice to illegally enter the United States is just dumb.

No, actually it's full of logic and is a thing called personal responsibility.

Saying that the parents are not the source of the issue and the cause of their children going through this problem is...how eloquently did you put it? Oh, yes: "Just dumb."

This is like saying the Jews are responsible for being gassed in Germany because they had plenty of opportunity to leave Germany before Hitler came to power.

No, it's not that at all. In fact, that the worst comparison that I've read in a long time.

edit on 25-6-2018 by SlapMonkey because: I added the second round of responses

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

YOU put YOUR kids into harms way and its YOUR fault.

Sure, that could be said about staying as well.

With the cartel and police in cahoots, you're pretty much damned. Welcome to illegality! And then there is you, of course! The gubmints last frontier of emotionalized bollocks in the internetz, the other deterrent of sorts.

Yum Yum on that for a second?

edit on 25-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The crime (not just murder/rape...but bikes stolen from front yards and uninsured drivers) is all paid for by people who live in border states.

And the law enforcement and other first responder costs needed to cover the increased crime/accidents.

Also, being in a border state, I'm sure you've had hospitals that had to be shut down due to non-paying patients and a federal government that refuses to reimburse those costs they mandate hospitals to incur...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

And then there is you, of course! The gubmints last frontier of emotionalized bollocks in the internetz, the other deterrent of sorts.

Yum Yum on that for a second?

www.darkestpatterns.com...

Read thru that can come tell me on whatever you tried saying there.

And leaving that border open is what enables the cartel. The people that scream to keep it open are what enables the cartels.
edit on 25-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

...a thing called personal responsibility.

Personal responsibility only goes as far as one's own actions... doesn't matter what anyone else does or doesn't do, we are all personally responsible for what we choose to do and not do in response.

Many -- perhaps most -- of these kids are being abused in these detention centers in various ways. Everyone who put them in that position is responsible for their part. Everyone. Not just the parents.

Apparently the feds are telling parents they can be reunited with their children immediately if they leave, and at least some are taking them up on it. I hope more do. I would much prefer that we send all of them on their way than to place one more child into custody.

Illegal immigrant separated from his six-year-old daughter at the border says he was offered to be reunited with his child at the airport if he agreed to deportation

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I always go straight to the origin of a problem, not the symptoms.

But lets play it your way:

What do you propose be done about it?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I always go straight to the origin of a problem, not the symptoms.

You may have to be more specific... if we're still talking personal responsibility, then the origin is the one who made the choice to do what they do (or don't do). When someone chooses to break our laws, then what we choose to do in response is our responsibility. To that extent, our response is necessitated by the lawbreakers' action; but how we do so is still our choice.

And there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to hide behind the actions of another to commit crimes against another person no matter what they have done. So the physical and sexual abuse inflicted is in no way, shape or form the responsibility of anyone except those who commit those crimes... and those who turn a blind eye.

But lets play it your way:

My way, huh? LOL! But okay... I'll play.

What do you propose be done about it?

Be done about what exactly?

Those crossing (or at least trying to cross) the border illegally? For starters, close the border. And spread the word down in Central America that they're being lied to by Coyotes and their true chances of getting into and staying in the USA are slim to none.

Stopping the separation of families? Stopping the detention of families? I like what the feds are doing now, and giving parents the opportunity to be reunited with their kids immediately if they leave. And I like not arresting those they catch, but just sending them right back south again. That's a good start.

Or about the detention centers themselves? The above is a start -- the fewer kids in there, the fewer kids to abuse. We could also increase transparency and oversight to reduce opportunities for abuse, including security cameras. We could impose real penalties that hurt on the corporations running the facilities. We can arrest and prosecute the perps.

Perhaps most important is we can hold responsible the corrupt critters in DC who created, perpetuated and escalated this craptastic mess.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The people that scream to keep it open are what enables the cartels.

I'm just arguing human rights, that's what I do. Blame our rights for enabling cartels (and all sorts of org crime) as long as you want, but I still believe that's more of a Deep State CIA issue. We can only lose with giving up more rights in another Patriot Act.

You have the paperwork right there, why are we even arguing about immigration when we agree on the bigger picture? That's weird.

How may I win you for the darker dark side? We have lots of cookies! Sometimes.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This is sounding like the BLM logic of 'wanted fugitive with violent criminal history resists arrest and reaches for gun and gets shot' SO WE RIOT.

Perhaps most important is we can hold responsible the corrupt critters in DC who created, perpetuated and escalated this craptastic mess.

You mean like refusing to engage in any sort of deterrence against illegal immigration, and refusing to do anything about the border itself?

We could get get very proactive about blocking / deterring them from getting in and solve that and the cartel issue causing the regular folks to want to come here in the first place.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

that's more of a Deep State CIA issue.

Correct. Keeping the border open is. And all of the policy and propaganda that suits those ends in favor of that agenda.

Open Border =
Status Quo War on Drugs
Latin America fazooked
Police State Apparatus
Minorities getting shot
Autistic Screeching over that
etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Got a list of Dim hate actions since 2015?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Keeping the border open is

It worked fine between EU states and then there was the War with Terror again. In France. State of Liberty and emergency maybe?

Open borders - Schengen Agreement
War on Drugs - not an open border policy
Latin America - years of War on Drugs and "relative control", not open borders
Police State - remember TSA and the hickup in open border policies after 9/11?
Minorities getting shot - by cop? Why is that ... is it a question?
Autistic Screeching over that - the wingnuts on ATS? Mostly rightwing autists, amirite?

You'll catch the drift.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

TWO PARTIES - The difference of haters:

Right-wing Conservatives: In your face. DIRECT HATE.

Left-wing DemoSLAGS: Nice to your face. Stabs you in the back.

Both sucks donkey D***K.
edit on 25-6-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This is sounding like the BLM logic of 'wanted fugitive with violent criminal history resists arrest and reaches for gun and gets shot' SO WE RIOT.

Really? REALLY??? You are going to equate personal responsibility for one's willful actions as rioting??? Let's be a little more specific... so it's okay for government sanctioned pedophiles to rape and sodomize children without penalty because their parents did something stupid??? And if I or someone else demands personal responsibility on the part of that pedophile, it's equal to rioting?

Is that really the analogy you want to make???

Come on, IIB, you're better than this.

You mean like refusing to engage in any sort of deterrence against illegal immigration, and refusing to do anything about the border itself?

Yup. Exactly like that. And much worse. For far too long. In fact, probably long before that mama was even a twinkle in her daddy's eye. How far back shall we go?

Injustice for All: An Excerpt from Sellout: The Inside Story of President Clinton's Impeachment

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join