It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing Political hay or real xenophobic hate crimes against humanity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I love my kids more than anything in the World. I would absolutely lose my mind if I were separated from them for any reason. There would be no limit to what I would do to find them or get them back. For me, at least, this is a very strong primal cord of humanity. It may be my absolute strongest value of what I would consider what it means to be a human being.

That said, the media loves to make money and exploit bad situations that pull on people's heart cords. Is all the stories about separating children from their parents just political hay for ratings so the media pigs can make more money? Or, is it really some kind of crime against humanity to be so utterly cruel, heartless, and having no shred of compassion for fellow human beings? Is making babies cry what government means in 2018?

Left-wing media rhetoric: "these thousands of children who don’t know if they’ll ever see their parents again"

"REP. PRAMILA JAYAPAL: I heard from the 174 women that I met with at the federal prison—they’re being held at a prison because all the detention centers are filled. These are 206 individuals who were transferred from Texas, from the border, to a federal prison. Some of them, about 40 percent of them, had been in detention for over a month. Not a single one of the mothers had seen their children. Not a single one of them had been able to say goodbye to their children. And only two out of the—all of the mothers that were there even knew where their children were."

truthout.org...

So which is it? No big deal but just media pulling on heart strings? Or is there something outrageously reprehensible human behavior by government policies?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

wouldn't it be nice if we could look at the gov't and be able to trust them to answer at least some of our questions??
too bad their story seems to change from moment to moment, from official to official.

the first lady could have done some good, but then for some strange reason, she decided to send a clear message to us...
she doesn't really care, do we???

gee can't understand why some people might just be a tad upset...
it seems the the gov't for the people by the people is trying to hide something from us.. and we are left to our imaginations as to what that might be...

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That is a strong sentiment and almost universal ...
"I love my kids more than anything in the World. I would absolutely lose my mind if I were separated from them for any reason. There would be no limit to what I would do to find them or get them back. For me, at least, this is a very strong primal cord of humanity. It may be my absolute strongest value of what I would consider what it means to be a human being"

If this is so, would you, with forethought bring your children on a very dangerous trek across mexico with known dangers, Coyote's, pedophiles, rapists and murders, along with drug smugglers ? Would you ?
Knowing ahead of time this awaited you.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I love my kids more than anything in the World. I would absolutely lose my mind if I were separated from them for any reason. There would be no limit to what I would do to find them or get them back. For me, at least, this is a very strong primal cord of humanity. It may be my absolute strongest value of what I would consider what it means to be a human being.

Would you drag them through the desert so that if caught you could slither though via Catch & Release?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This problem is not of our making, it is by the efforts of those willing to break the law at any cost that this has become an issue.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'll take the second door for 500 and want to solve the riddle.

Customs and Border Patrol’s media department did not respond over the weekend to The Intercept’s emailed question about who was on the bus and where it was going. But a CBP spokesperson told the Dallas Morning News that the agency had been transferring “family groups” from its processing center in McAllen to ICE for processing (the protesters saw some adults on the bus in addition to children). And a shelter in McAllen this weekend received two migrant adults whose criminal charges were withdrawn just after Trump’s executive order was released, and who arrived at the shelter with their children.

It is impossible to say how long it will take for the more than 2,000 children who were separated from their parents to be reunited. For anguished parents, any time will be too long. And for the protesters who came to South Texas this weekend, the time may be immaterial. They feel deeply hurt by “zero tolerance.” In McAllen, they lay and stood and kissed and waved and spoke their hearts, in ways seldom seen on the border because “there is this fear,” said Marlene Guerrero Chavez, a local activist. They are not citizens, they are undocumented, or the people they organize lack status. “It’s great that they’re coming,” Guerrero Chavez said of the out-of-towners, “because a lot of local organizers aren’t able to do this.”

“SET THE BABIES FREE!” — TENSIONS ESCALATE ON THE BORDER AS IMMIGRANT PARENTS SEARCH FOR SEPARATED CHILDREN

There's more in the article. Ghostnumbers and all that, they simply don't care.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

And I thought living in New Jersey was bad. Maybe living in Mexico is makes people brave to leave for some reason.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Stop making this about me and focus on the topic of the thread.

The idea the parents are responsible for what the US government is doing by their choice to illegally enter the United States is just dumb. This is like saying the Jews are responsible for being gassed in Germany because they had plenty of opportunity to leave Germany before Hitler came to power.

edit on 25-6-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I take it that you would never voluntarily seperate yourself from your children.

Nor would you intentionally endanger your children.

The individuals who are crossing the border illegally are making a choice to place their children in danger by crossing open desert terrain, placing them in proximity of dangerous people when they don't have too. If someone wants to claim asylum in America, they can proceed to any legal crossing and do so, they will not be seperated from families not will they be arrested.

They will be housed and fed until they have their day before a Judge. People claiming asylum from Mexico are trading one dangerous place for another, Mexico had a homicide rate around 25-thousand in 2016, the US around 17-thousand. Close call in my mind. Take Guatemala, 2016 a homicide rate around 6-thousand, I realize the size difference but still close call after according to some, America's gun laws make it the most dangerous place on earth.

The decision was made by these individuals to attempt to circumvent the laws and enter illegally. I have no doubts that talk of amnesty is fueling many to try this before the border is closed. They decided to desperate their own families. I wish for a better way, I welcome anyone but see it as wrong to give someone close to the border an advantage over others not so lucky, others in much worse places.

Glad that it will be policy now to not split up families but it will not end the political screams of right versus left, lines are drawn and no more Russia, Russia, Russia, instead now it's immigration policies and laws that were the exactly the same under previous administrations.
edit on 6/25/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

We have an unemployment problem and homeless problem in the US. We are financially strapped when it comes to welfare and other social programs.

A good start to fixing the problem is to limit immigration.

The laws that required seperation were inacted prior to Trump, and he signed an EO to fix the problem. What more does everyone want. I thought we wanted a president who listened to the people and took action. Apparently the left prefers politicians that get nothing accomplished and simply keep passing the buck to the next administration

Catch and release is a free pass to enter the US illegaly and is not what the majority of US citizens want. Detain and deport is the only option.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Knowing how dedicated you are to your children and how much you claim to care for them, would you risk their lives and also risk possibly being separated from them indefinitely, by breaking the immigration laws of another sovereign nation?

This is a largely important question for you to answer truthfully.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
would you if there was a better chance of death staying?
of course none of us would, most of us are rather nice and comfy and more importantly SAFE. but, I am sure most of us would change our minds, risk all if those circumstances changed too drastically.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
1st
Of course you care about your kids, that's your job as a parent. It's pretty much the bare minimum you're supposed to do.

But other people have kids and family and friends they care about too. Expecting other people to care about your kids after you subjected them to the risks of traffickers and pedophiles and gangs to sneak over the border in the desert when you could have gone to any of the over 300 official border entry points to seek asylum is just stupid and unrealistic.

2nd.

"REP. PRAMILA JAYAPAL: I heard from the 174 women that I met with at the federal prison—they’re being held at a prison because all the detention centers are filled. These are 206 individuals

Sounds like she's making up numbers to me.

Edit:

And full disclosure, I don't have kids. I don't care about anyone's kids, I don't care about your kids, I don't care about my brother's or my friend's kids. So I sure as hell don't care about the kids of illegal immigrants who willingly and knowingly avoided the legal border crossings and put their kids in that situation.
edit on 25-6-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's an irrelevant question because you are framing it as if the answer means the US government is NOT responsible for separating the children from their parents. I do not agree with your opinion on who is responsible. If the US government policies result is children being separated from their mothers then that is a responsibility of the US government. Act some point, the government is responsible for government policies.

Why not have a policy where the entire family is kept together and deported together? I'm not being pro-illegal aliens. I just think separating children from their mothers is immoral.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

We have an unemployment problem and homeless problem in the US. We are financially strapped when it comes to welfare and other social programs.

We have plenty of money for military spending and dropping 30,000 bombs per year on Arab countries. We have plenty of money.

If we had not illegal immigrants at all there would still be unemployment problems. The problem we have is wages are not high enough or the cost of goods and services is too high. Unemployment is really low right now but nothing ever makes wages rise. And nothing stops the march of inflation.

But regardless of our employment situation and purchasing power of our take home pay, separating children from their mothers seems monstrous behavior to me. I don't think our government could be more evil than making babies cry for the mothers as a result of government policies. I would hope in the face of such immoral evil behavior people would have a moral compass to come up with a set of government policies that are more humane.

edit on 25-6-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Its not a good thing to do. Anyone pretending otherwise is being dishonest.

That said...there are agreements, court decisions, and current laws that need to be considered. As someone who lives on the border, im about sick to death of the half assed effort the federal government gives. Its not like we get a break on what we have to pay in....we are just getting stiffed on the service our tax dollars pays for. And that is complete BS.

The crime (not just murder/rape...but bikes stolen from front yards and uninsured drivers) is all paid for by people who live in border states.

So from where I stand: ya'll get it all together, do whatever it is you feel you are needing to be done. But if you aren't getting your representative to finalize this so we don't have to keep reliving this nightmare over and over again then im not sure how valid any complaints would be.

There is so much more to say, like asking why our representatives put laws to vote that are untenable, then scream when the opposition refuses to participate. The 190 "no" votes on an immigration bill by the Democrats in the House was less than impressive, and doesn't reflect well on anyone in the house.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm quite sure those who are violating Federal Law with their Sanctuary City nonsense should share in the blame also? Just thought I'd throw that in there since they seem to be the crowd denying any responsibility for this mess..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Just can't believe there are 2000 mothers who are rapists who need to be separated from their children. What did these mothers do? Did they rape a bunch of middle age and old white men on their way to the Elks club?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I thought it was the DOJ that was separating the children from their mothers? Do I have the story wrong?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Interesting article. I wonder what the mothers were being charged with:

"Sober determination was evident in El Paso on Sunday, four days after the executive order was issued. On Sunday afternoon, Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials released one of the first groups of parents whose criminal charges were withdrawn. With reporters present, they were dropped off at a nonprofit shelter to start looking for the children taken from them."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join