It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning! Harley Davidson Moving Jobs Out of USA

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yep.
With his methods though, we might see a trend in which things are made in the same country they are sold in.

So...no more foreign made vehicles sold on a par with us made ones.

Could be good, could be bad.

Things needed to change though.

Profitability drives where things are manufactured.

Plenty of patriots shop for Chinese goods at Walmart.
It's all patriotic rhetoric until your grocery bill triples.

Trade is necessary. The Great Depression was triggered by Nationalistic/Protectionist policies.

I agree we can always do better with trade deals, but everything Trump has done has made things very much worse and it is going to continue to get worse. With a hot economy ready to pop, it's a very bad combination.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sorry.....i should have keyed that i was responding to your idea that trickle down is a hoax.

In certwin sectors like banks....yes. Generally though, I am not convinced that is true given the scenario I made.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I'd be nice if we were all one country with no borders and no tariffs. One set of rules for everyone. Equality for all.
No wonder the Aliens haven't introduced themselves yet, we're still fighting about race, money, borders and imaginary sky gods.

Hahaha that is funny...the Aliens are THE REASON we're still fighting about race,money,borders and imaginary sky gods.

The Aliens lol..they got even more defective and impossible to solve problems than here.

They will be annihilated for the good, or not good, of us all.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

This, from the Harley page on Wikipedia: "In 1952, following their application to the U.S. Tariff Commission for a 40 percent tax on imported motorcycles, Harley-Davidson was charged with restrictive practices."

Hmm.. hypocrit, much?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Yep.
With his methods though, we might see a trend in which things are made in the same country they are sold in.

So...no more foreign made vehicles sold on a par with us made ones.

Could be good, could be bad.

Things needed to change though.

Profitability drives where things are manufactured.

Trade is necessary. The Great Depression was triggered by Nationalistic/Protectionist policies.

I agree we can always do better with trade deals, but everything Trump has done has made things very much worse and it is going to continue to get worse. With a hot economy ready to pop, it's a very bad combination.

Doom doom fear fear

Harley leaving and now deep depression.

Might want a chill pill the only people screwing the economies are liberals having a tantrum

edit on 27-6-2018 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Enderdog

Wow, I just looked that up and you're correct.

Dang, I haven't seen a Volvo automobile in ..................decades! Had no idea they were being made in the US.

You must live somewhere like Idaho or the Dakota's? Upper Middle class to Rich people give Volvo's to their kids everywhere in America for the safety features are supposed to be #1. Being made here is important.

My choice for that kind of money would be American made and I have a lot of choices for what a Volvo sells for now.

edit on 28-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Muninn

Just keep worrying about brown people crossing the border, despite it being the lowest immigration in decades.

Keep your eyes focused on my left hand!

There are Mexican owned farms in my area of Arizona.

They have shut down and moved all their operation back to Mexico.

In the end, I think Mexico will benefit from Trump.

I would love to see proof of this, I too live in souther Arizona and I don't see what you are seeing.

Are you SW AZ?

It dosent matter, do you have any proof to back up your claim?

Why doesn't it matter if you are in the same area as me?

Proof? Like proving who's legal and who isn't among Mexican field workers?

This is not something you're gonna read in your local paper. But, my source is reliable.

Take it or leave it.

Wow, that qualifies as none of your business and you are into diversions.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Hahaha that is funny...the Aliens are THE REASON we're still fighting about race,money,borders and imaginary sky gods.

No, we are fighting about aliens and borders to distract us from a power grab by croney capitalists. America has been sold to the highest bidder.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Just keep worrying about brown people crossing the border, despite it being the lowest immigration in decades.

Keep your eyes focused on my left hand!

There are Mexican owned farms in my area of Arizona.

They have shut down and moved all their operation back to Mexico.

In the end, I think Mexico will benefit from Trump.

And China and the EU.

In the end it is good for Canada, Mexico, China and the EU.

They get stronger, work more closely together and learn to live with much lower US trade.

Unfortunately that foretells very bad things for the US economy both short and long-term.

Yes, I agree.

In a way, it is Trump who is pushing us to a Global Government.

^^^^
Ding ding!

nope, Chuck do us the honors please
media3.picsearch.com...
.:| BABLONGGGGggggggggggg!

FAIL!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Exactly. America has a trade deficit because of the choices Americans make. It has nothing to do with "trade deals."

"America first" was the motto of those Americans who did not want to take up arms against Nazism.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I a reply to: Justoneman

Here in Texas it was the same in the 1990's, but the Volvo's were horribly unreliable and costly to repair. Now the wealthy prefer the Mercedes or BMW. But most have gone to either the 4 door Pickup truck or the behemoth Suburban.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

"They can have them Harley was one of the first big companies with shiesty dealings to put other companies under. I say get rid of Harley and bring Indian brand back".< My words

"I agree...fire them all! Burn it down! Stupid people shouldn't work for a stupid company!".< Your words.

They can have them obviously means the company will live on and still have some jobs here in America i'm sure. Bringing Indian back would most likely hire the workers that may have been laid off!.....why put such a harsh analogy in my mouth?

edit on 1-7-2018 by randomthoughts12 because: did not submit full

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No doubt, it’s really, REALLY, hard to fathom the level of ignorance and sheer stupidity on display by the trumpkins. reply to: [post=23526738]soberbacchus[/post

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So Trump wants these business people to sacrifice their bottom line for his political adventures?

It’s their money, not his

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join