It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning! Harley Davidson Moving Jobs Out of USA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

If those figures are even true, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama squeezed through as many shady deals as he could before the inauguration.

After what I've learned about him the last couple of years, nothing would surprise me.

Yep, totally not partisan and unprejudiced as to the topic.

Furthermore, why address that particular post but ignore the rest?

That is called Cherry Picking. You either want to debate or you just want to drill your partisan agenda.

BTW, I despise the Bush's too so don't throw that partisan crap at me before you start off again... Please...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

If those figures are even true, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama squeezed through as many shady deals as he could before the inauguration.

After what I've learned about him the last couple of years, nothing would surprise me.

How is pointing out the trend that I've seen from a criminal administration "partisan"?

Based on the evidence we have in the thread, scant though it is, for sure ... you're making unsubstantiated claims about Obama and actively disputing actual facts about Trump.

If you attack one party and promote the other ... yeah, that's pretty much partisanship.

However, point taken. You aren't the topic here. My bad.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I may stand corrected, maybe. Very few metal/steel, aluminum parts are "manufactured/made" in the US. Unless H/D has a forging plant in the US., Nobody has ever heard of?.. Like I said, it's a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

How is pointing out the trend that I've seen from a criminal administration "partisan"?

Based on the evidence we have in the thread, scant though it is, for sure ... you're making unsubstantiated claims about Obama and actively disputing actual facts about Trump.

If you attack one party and promote the other ... yeah, that's pretty much partisanship.

However, point taken. You aren't the topic here. My bad.

I don't promote any party pal. I'm firmly on the fence.

I'm just watching the global meltdown.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Cherry picking? You made an absolute claim, so logically, all I have to do to dispute is offer one counter example.

I don't have a partisan agenda really. My experience so far has been that Trump supporters seem to deny reality for the most part in their defense of him ... so it's a matter of percentages really.

My position is that all politicians are psychopaths, politics plays to the extremes, and most of us aren't on the extremes but in the middle.

However, my posts have been tainted by ad homs as well ... so, I'll withdraw so that the discussion may continue.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: soberbacchus

I may stand corrected, maybe. Very few metal/steel, aluminum parts are "manufactured/made" in the US. Unless H/D has a forging plant in the US., Nobody has ever heard of?.. Like I said, it's a non-issue.

????????

Where are you getting your information?

Established as an assembly facility in 1973, Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations in York, PA assembles the Touring, CVO™ and Trike models. They also perform a variety of manufacturing operations - making parts like frames, fuel tanks, and fenders.

Kansas City employees produce the Softail®, Sportster® and Street™ families of motorcycles from fabrication and finishing through final assembly to include the liquid-cooled Revolution X™ powertrains for the Street motorcycles.

Pilgrim Road employees produce engines and transmissions for the final assembly plants in York, Pennsylvania and Kansas City, Missouri.

Available here click tour info
www.harley-davidson.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Cherry picking? You made an absolute claim, so logically, all I have to do to dispute is offer one counter example.

I don't have a partisan agenda really. My experience so far has been that Trump supporters seem to deny reality for the most part in their defense of him ... so it's a matter of percentages really.

My position is that all politicians are psychopaths, politics plays to the extremes, and most of us aren't on the extremes but in the middle.

However, my posts have been tainted by ad homs as well ... so, I'll withdraw so that the discussion may continue.

My position is that all politicians are psychopaths,

I pretty much agree. However, I'm yet to see Trump start a war so until he does, I will reserve my judgement.

If that makes me partisan in your eyes then I understand that it's just because Trump.

No hard feelings.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Clarifying reply

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The first casualties of President Trump's trade war are 60 workers at Mid-Continent Nail, America's largest nail manufacturer. They lost their jobs on June 15 at a factory in a part of Missouri that voted overwhelmingly for Trump. The whole company could be out of business by Labor Day.

Mid-Continent Nail blames the layoffs on Trump's tariffs, and the company says all 500 employees could lose their jobs by Labor Day. The next round of cuts could come in a matter of days.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Winning! Harley Davidson Moving Jobs Out of USA

Good. Hopefully they'll go out of the business of making the world's sh*ttiest motorcycles.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Double.
edit on 6/25/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

AMF gets a bad rap, to a point deservedly so but..they did develop the evo engine..that was critical to Harley becoming a more reliable powerhouse again.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Trump cult were celebrating in a thread that quoted UK tabloid Daily Express couple of days ago in which it said that EU was losing the trade war to Trump. Why the hell is Harley Davidson moving jobs from the USA then ? ROFL.
So much winning... Or something like that

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The first casualties of President Trump's trade war are 60 workers at Mid-Continent Nail, America's largest nail manufacturer. They lost their jobs on June 15 at a factory in a part of Missouri that voted overwhelmingly for Trump. The whole company could be out of business by Labor Day.

Mid-Continent Nail blames the layoffs on Trump's tariffs, and the company says all 500 employees could lose their jobs by Labor Day. The next round of cuts could come in a matter of days.

www.washingtonpost.com...

So much winning

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
The OP might want to get the facts. Harleys destined for foreign countries have been made overseas for years. Nothing new here.

Then why issue the release? You say they are lying?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Colour me cynical, but Harley (and other companies) have been outsourcing like this for years.
Trump is just an excuse to move to where labour is cheaper and regulations less onerous for employers.

This is from 2015 for instance, about the Kansas City plant laying off 21% of workers and sourcing components from the far East.

sauce
edit on 58pTue, 26 Jun 2018 01:46:58 -050020182018-06-26T01:46:58-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: bad 1st date

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

from the U.S. to its international facilities to avoid the tariff burden,”

It's already been happening.

Must be attempting to appeal at the crowd that's not happy with the current administration.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah. Though I have to say that a Harley made in Slovenia or somewhere doesn't carry quite the cachet of one made in Milwaukee.

Still the financial bods at Harley have probably run the numbers and figured out this is a good move and a good time to do it.

Funny how those who call themselves "the left" are the only ones ever getting cheery over job losses, whether it be Harley in the US or Airbus in the UK.

Just no empathy, their creed is way more important than mere worker's lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SprocketUK

from the U.S. to its international facilities to avoid the tariff burden,”

It's already been happening.

Must be attempting to appeal at the crowd that's not happy with the current administration.

Bikers don't like Trump?
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not what I said. However given the way they worded their statement. /shrug

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not what I said.

Yes.

So, Harley is looking to expand their market by pissing off Trump's base?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join