It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning! Harley Davidson Moving Jobs Out of USA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: murphy22

A very small % of America's have a Harley, or want, even need one. This, if true, is a no issue in the big scheme of things.

You seem to have missed the point. It is not about Americans buying hogs or not. It's about Europeans not buying hogs because they will cost too much in Europe because of Trump trade spasms.

They really aren't very popular here. Most bike enthusiasts wouldn't spend a penny on a Harley.

One of my colleagues owns one but only because his mother gave it to him. Apparently they're a bit harsh on the old back.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

42% of Harley's international sales are in Europe. 16% of all sales. That would seem to be significant.
investor.harley-davidson.com...

The point is, the tariffs seem to have made it unprofitable to sell US made bikes in Europe. What a surprise.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, all companies have up and downs.

His tax cuts helped them but not enough it seems. They had already started moving production/assembly overseas so that is not new. They sell less than 1/8th of their production to Europe.

Trying to say HD is tanking because of Trump, like the OP says, is bull# though.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They sell less than 1/8th of their production to Europe.
According to whom?

Trying to say HD is tanking because of Trump,
Who said Harley is tanking because of Trump?
edit on 6/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yes, what I said is a spot-on description of what Trump supporters are doing in this thread and most threads that are negative toward Mr. Trump.

Sure, you've asked for data, been given it, and kept asking for more. You're posting superfluous information without comment and now you want to claim that you're backing up your claims?

The only side I'm taking here is standing by the facts and opposing lies ... you know, my usual.

Bullsh!t.

Nobody has provided data from the time Trump became President.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

His tax cuts helped them but not enough it seems. They had already started moving production/assembly overseas so that is not new. They sell less than 1/8th of their production to Europe.

Trying to say HD is tanking because of Trump, like the OP says, is bull# though.

Yes, all companies have ups and downs. True enough.

Tax cuts helped them? Sure. Tariffs are killing them? Obviously.

OP's statement was that Trump's policies are hurting companies. That is also true.

The other component of the OP was the effects of the unnecessary trade war on American farmers ... I notice no one's jumping in on that.

Trump is doing his part to foster the New World Order in which the US is not the pre-eminent power, i.e. his job.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I appreciate you going into data and providing more.

Stick with me, if you please, when I get snarky.

I would ask you explain what your data speaks to when you post it.

I have been uncertain in what you are aiming at with a couple of your links.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yah, but Trump had them to the Whitehouse and said he was going to save them and their issue was with the Obama trade deals?

No one is "trying to say" that. Harley Davidson's CEO very clearly said that and he provided cost numbers to explain.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Yes, what I said is a spot-on description of what Trump supporters are doing in this thread and most threads that are negative toward Mr. Trump.

Sure, you've asked for data, been given it, and kept asking for more. You're posting superfluous information without comment and now you want to claim that you're backing up your claims?

The only side I'm taking here is standing by the facts and opposing lies ... you know, my usual.

Bullsh!t.

Nobody has provided data from the time Trump became President.

The data provided was from when he was "elected President".

Trimming the two months of transition over the holidays to when he "became President" does not significantly change the numbers in my estimation.

If you can find numbers to suite your specific parameters, I am all eyes.

edit on 25-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

They sell less than 1/8th of their production to Europe.

About 16 percent of all new Harley-Davidson motorcycles are sold in Europe, a figure that’s been steady and is second in revenue only to the U.S.

www.jsonline.com...

100 divided by 16 is "less than 1/8th"?

Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You seem to miss the point. A company is moving out of the US. That company hasn't actually made bikes in the US. For years! .. It's a non-issue! Makes for great propaganda against Pres. Trump, but not really an issue. Go to the store and try to buy/purchase an "American" branded anything. Then read the label., it'll probably be made in Bangladesh, Vietnam, China or Mexico. ..When The US. Army swithed to that useless "head cover" of a French Berret.. The first issue was from/made in China. The very nation we were training to fight against? ...Trump's trying to unF that sh*t! Who gives a S**t if some European has to spend a few bucks more for a hog they don't need anyway? Really? They'll find a way to get it if they really want/need one.

PS: Don't talk about "spasms" yet.
Spasms haven't even started.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

A company is moving out of the US. That company hasn't actually made bikes in the US.

Odd. The EU would seem to think differently. Thus the tariff.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

It's called "Throwing it all out there".

I'm not trying make any points for one side or the other.

I thought this was supposed to be a serious discussion. Sorry if that shorts your circuits...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Oh FFS like it makes a difference. I could say less than half and it is not mot a majority of sales. Glad you were checking my math though and not the content of the debate.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If those figures are even true, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama squeezed through as many shady deals as he could before the inauguration.

After what I've learned about him the last couple of years, nothing would surprise me.

Yep, totally not partisan and unprejudiced as to the topic.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

You seem to miss the point. A company is moving out of the US.

That company hasn't actually made bikes in the US. For years! ..

That is not accurate/correct/true?

MANUFACTURING

USA, Missouri, Kansas City – Vehicle and Powertrain Operations. Tour information >

USA, Pennsylvania, York – Vehicle Operations. Tour information >

USA, Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls – Powertrain Operations. Tour information >

USA, Wisconsin, Tomahawk – Tomahawk Operations

Yes, they have overseas assembly operations in Brazil, India and Thailand for those markets.

They will now start manufacturing there as well.

Let me know if you want me to articulate on the difference between manufacturing and assembly.

www.harley-davidson.com...

edit on 25-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: soberbacchus

Oh FFS like it makes a difference.

If it didn't matter, then why did you post the number? Not true/accurate number.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'd guess, me and the E.U. would need to sit down and have a talk. The E.U. doesn't rank high on my respect list.... But I'd be willing to meet with them, just as long as it doesn't interrupt my lunch and it's okay with my CnC/Pres. Trump.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If those figures are even true, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama squeezed through as many shady deals as he could before the inauguration.

After what I've learned about him the last couple of years, nothing would surprise me.

Yep, totally not partisan and unprejudiced as to the topic.

How is pointing out the trend that I've seen from a criminal administration "partisan"?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

It's called "Throwing it all out there".

I'm not trying make any points for one side or the other.

When you post links without explanation, I am not searching for which side you are on, I am searching for relevance.

Perhaps explain your links?

You posted a link about Americans feeling secure in their jobs in October of 2016?

What does that have to do with Harley Davidson and Tariffs or Trade Policy?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join