It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning! Harley Davidson Moving Jobs Out of USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Maybe by going overseas they will learn how to build a motorcycle that is on the road as much as it's in the shop. Because their quality is a pity.

And there is the usual Pivot.

Throw them under the bus the minute they no longer serve the Orange Oafs cult.

Harley Davidson sucks!!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Offshoring of commercial jobs is not up to the president. Offshoring of contracting work is done through the contracting office and many of those are years in advance. A possible reason for the increase is that the F-35 is being delivered to overseas buyers. And Lockheed is sending a LOT of people over to help bed them down. Look at the wild variance over the years. The president, regardless of who it is probably has little control. You might want to look at Congress.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Donald Trump wasn't even president on November the ninth 2016. Your evidence is based on illegitimate figures.

Correct, he was President elect.

I have a hard time believing this chart would look any better if we excluded the transition period.

Source please?

The same PDF you quoted.

Sorry, thank you.

13 The total of estimated job losses was searched at www.doleta.gov... on 11/21/17. The 2012-
2016 annual mean is calculated based on figures for estimated job losses associated with certified petitions reported in www.doleta....
gov/tradeact/docs/AnnualReport16.pdf at p 11.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Just keep worrying about brown people crossing the border, despite it being the lowest immigration in decades.

Keep your eyes focused on my left hand!

There are Mexican owned farms in my area of Arizona.

They have shut down and moved all their operation back to Mexico.

In the end, I think Mexico will benefit from Trump.

And China and the EU.

In the end it is good for Canada, Mexico, China and the EU.

They get stronger, work more closely together and learn to live with much lower US trade.

Unfortunately that foretells very bad things for the US economy both short and long-term.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

C'mon man...that kinda childish and doesn't help the cause...whatever that is.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yet another butthurt thread by loser NWO supporter.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Just keep worrying about brown people crossing the border, despite it being the lowest immigration in decades.

And China and the EU.

They get stronger, work more closely together and learn to live with much lower US trade.

Unfortunately that foretells very bad things for the US economy both short and long-term.

Yes, I agree.

In a way, it is Trump who is pushing us to a Global Government.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Wow, I just looked that up and you're correct.

Dang, I haven't seen a Volvo automobile in ..................decades! Had no idea they were being made in the US.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Enderdog

Wow, I just looked that up and you're correct.

Dang, I haven't seen a Volvo automobile in ..................decades! Had no idea they were being made in the US.

Volvo made the decision to open the plant in 2015 before Trump took office, hoping to take advantage of Volvo's name recognition.

On June 20, Volvo's Samuelsson warned that the company would be unable to export cars if China and Europe erect high trade barriers, and that it would become difficult to create jobs in the U.S.

asia.nikkei.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

And China and the EU.

Yes, I agree.

In a way, it is Trump who is pushing us to a Global Government.

Rich irony in that, isn't there. Kinda true though as I've learned researching the EU of late. And something else I've discovered is that in many respects, the EU is way ahead of the US, particularly with regard to the roll out of the total surveillance and 24/7 tracking of individuals whereabouts. They are set to operate a much tighter ship than the US when it comes to crime and cross-border terrorism. Its going to take a decade or more for the US to catch up.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I would love to see proof of this, I too live in souther Arizona and I don't see what you are seeing.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Harley has sucked all the way back to Reagan....lest we forget the AMF Harley's .Do some research they have sucked as far back as I can remember. I wouldn't own one if you gave it to me and for the record I've had two over the years and because of them......I have quite the tool collection.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You know what else is weird?
When I did my search, the first result came up from the Singapore Straights-Times, and your's is asia.nikkei.com

So..............crickets on this topic from US MSM?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Childish.....no the damn truth. Harley makes a crappy product, they know it will sell because of the iconic name.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Asked and answered. The US MSM covered it; its a question of how you term the search.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Yet another butthurt thread by loser NWO supporter.

You are entirely entitled to your opinion but this thread is about a real world consequence of an action taken.

Do you not think your nation is better served disussing and debating options rather than immediately retreating to deeply held convictions? (I am not absolving mine and other nations of this also!).

There may well be positive benefits also. If so, it would help to share them.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That's it. I'm not buying another Harley Davidson motorcycle. If they don't support America then I don't support them!

edit on 25-6-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I agree, they are crap. But it's just bad form, and is not addressing the OP. Germans build great cars, and their government is very protectionist...thus not allowing many imports. Same with Japan. A lot has to do with the lack of world class quality in American built stuff, but I would say that protectionist policies are restricting access to those markets. The same thing with China....very protectionist. I think Trump is addressing this issue, albeit in a hardcore way. The thing is....only time will tell. There is absolutely zero way of guessing the future. Trump haters will hope for the worst, his psychophants will swear it's the best, and normal people will just hope for the best.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yea, I figured you would personify the lack of integrity part by omitting this.

If it's bad, then the entire US can say how horrible Trump was, but if things turn around because of it, well, don't worry, nobody will be looking for you to be honest or show any integrity.

If it turns out horrible, then it will be his fault and no amount of tears from his supporters will change that. But by the same token, if it turns out good, will you show the world that you aren't just a partisan douche bag? Time will tell.

Economics and politics are different things.

I don't care if a (D) or an (R) or even a (T) is at the helm when it comes to economics.

They can either A) Improve things B) have little effect or C)Make things worse

We were on a slow-growth recovery path when trump took office.

Now he is replicating 1929.

The Great Depression was prompted by an unforced Nationalist Tariff war during a very hot economy.

Slow and steady is out the window and the higher they climb the harder they fall.

Apart from the Trade War, you should look at the Yield Curve.

This line drops below baseline right before recessions.

We look to be recession bound. A trade war only accelerates and deepens the downturn.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yo, buy our beef you tariff monster!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join