It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning! Harley Davidson Moving Jobs Out of USA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That sucks. But the interwebs says these companies are making up for those jobs.

investorplace.com...

China is investing Billions...
investorplace.com...

There is this, but honestly it's 6,000 government contracting jobs that the Prez can do nothing about anyway.
investorplace.com...

So if we are keeping score, then it seems like positive news for the economy.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
That sucks. But the interwebs says these companies are making up for those jobs.

investorplace.com...

China is investing Billions...
investorplace.com...

There is this, but honestly it's 6,000 government contracting jobs that the Prez can do nothing about anyway.
investorplace.com...

So if we are keeping score, then it seems like positive news for the economy.

All three links are the SAME and from a YEAR AND HALF AGO when Trump was just sworn in.

Please catch up on the past 18 months and Trump's recent trade war with China and our Allies.

edit on 25-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

As of December 2017:

Under Trump, US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before

All told, in the year since Trump was elected, more than 93,000 jobs have been certified by the Department of Labor as lost to outsourcing or trade competition, slightly higher than the average of about 87,000 in the preceding five years.

But federal contractors made up 10% of that number, rather than the previous average of 4%. That suggests companies that work for the government like General Motors, Boeing and United Technologies aren’t worried about political repercussions from the man in the White House.

qz.com...

Just keep worrying about brown people crossing the border, despite it being the lowest immigration in decades.

Keep your eyes focused on my left hand!

So far, not so good. A group that advocates for federal workers says government records show (pdf) more than 10,000 jobs at federal contractors have been sent over overseas since Trump was elected. 

Federal contractors. Lmfao.

Sorry but that's a very lame example of jobs being "shipped" abroad.

Why?

Federal Contractors are usually required to employ a percentage of US workers.

Under Trump the number of jobs Federal Contractors ship overseas has more than doubled.

As for the general workforce (non-federal contractors) the number of Outsourced Jobs has jumped up as well.

What do you find funny about that?

From the "PDF" that this article is based which is already a biased piece to begin with...:

CONTRACTS AWARDED BY
TRUMP ADMINISTRATION9
JOBS OUTSOURCED SINCE
11/9/16
GENERAL MOTORS $323,000,000 2,781
BOEING $9,458, 000,000 2,681
UNITED TECHNOLOGIES $1,171,000,000 1,41411
PFIZER $1,076,000,000 1,200
GENERAL ELECTRIC $1,204,000,000 921
IBM $1,551,000,000 527
MERCK $1,620,000,000 254
HONEYWELL $1,653,000,000 202
HEWLETT PACKARD $1,035,000,000 125
SIEMENS $257,000,000 83
SANOFI $720,000,000 75
OTHER TOP 100 CONTRACTORS $1,385,000,000 6
TOTAL $20,829,000,000 10,269

Donald Trump wasn't even president on November the ninth 2016. Your evidence is based on illegitimate figures.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Ha, so they are..my bad. But have they reneged on those deals? Not sure.
BTW, I am up to date thank you. You seem to be gloating over this though. You just enjoy a perceived fail as opposed to someone losing their job. after all, Harley peeps are probably gun-toting conservatives.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Blame Trump again. But but but it's ok cuz. Trump...

*waves to Silly*

So they're moving manufacture of parts destined for th EU, to... the EU???

Damn you Trump, you're a demon beast and the things you didn't do yet are blamed for are horrible, hang your orange head in shame!!!!!1
edit on 25-6-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...
Harley-Davidson plans to lay off 200 workers

Harley-Davidson workers are expected to be laid off this fall after sluggish spring sales of touring motorcycles and cruisers, the company announced Wednesday.

Oh wait, this was in 2016. A bit before Trump's tariffs. I guess maybe we can see how all this pans out in a few years. If it's bad, then the entire US can say how horrible Trump was, but if things turn around because of it, well, don't worry, nobody will be looking for you to be honest or show any integrity.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Donald Trump wasn't even president on November the ninth 2016. Your evidence is based on illegitimate figures.

Correct, he was President elect.

I have a hard time believing this chart would look any better if we excluded the transition period.

edit on 25-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Trump is so ignorant, and stupid. You try to tell him that something like this isn’t going to get better only worse.

America will lose more than gain by far.

And in China where they are under a dictatorship the people will suffer more than Americans, so he’ll likely lose there too.

Trump is a disaster in all kinds of ways.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I'm so proud of our president and his great administration.

I was wrong about the Republicans, they do know what's best for our country.

What a genius, I mean bigly!

Pretty soon we won't even be able to make Dixie Cups.

Thanks Trump! You Chump!

Legacies don't happen during real time terms.

They pop their heads up years down the line.

This one's gonna be a doozy.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I have a hard time believing this chart would look any better if we excluded the transition period.

Source please?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Just keep worrying about brown people crossing the border, despite it being the lowest immigration in decades.

Keep your eyes focused on my left hand!

There are Mexican owned farms in my area of Arizona.

They have shut down and moved all their operation back to Mexico.

In the end, I think Mexico will benefit from Trump.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Just curious why you are focusing on contractors? We pay all our taxes so it's like we are in the US. Well, income tax is exempt up to 95k...but all the other taxes get deducted. And look how crazy that graph is. It could have easily been contracts that were awarded before Trump was put in office....ya just can't say for a fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Oh wait, this was in 2016. A bit before Trump's tariffs. I guess maybe we can see how all this pans out in a few years.

A few years? What about Trump?

Yes, Harley Davidson has had issues in the past, but TRUMP met with their executives at the Whitehouse, told them and all of America that it was due to horrible trade deals the Obama administration made and that he was going to do GREAT THINGS for Harley Davidson!!

What Harley Davidson is suffering from NOW is TRUMP.

To address the substantial cost of this tariff burden long-term, Harley-Davidson will be implementing a plan to shift production of motorcycles for EU destinations from the U.S. to its international facilities to avoid the tariff burden,” the company said in an official announcement.

The company said the EU retaliatory tariffs of 25 percent would mean a motorbike shipped from the U.S to Europe would now face a tariff of 31 percent, up from 6 percent, leading to an average cost increase of $2,200 per motorcycle.

THAT IS MATH

nobody will be looking for you to be honest or show any integrity.

Me? Or Math? Or the Harley Davidson CEO that Trump made promises to?

But I get for Trump supporters looking to discredit unfavorable REALITY, it is easier to falsely call an ATS poster dishonest than Harley Davidson's CEO and Math.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He may be, but he is not a disaster in the eyes of consumers. Consumer Confidence levels are high...and rising. Like your anger.

www.conference-board.org...

tradingeconomics.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Just curious why you are focusing on contractors? We pay all our taxes so it's like we are in the US. Well, income tax is exempt up to 95k...but all the other taxes get deducted. And look how crazy that graph is. It could have easily been contracts that were awarded before Trump was put in office....ya just can't say for a fact.

If those figures are even true, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama squeezed through as many shady deals as he could before the inauguration.

After what I've learned about him the last couple of years, nothing would surprise me.

I want to see the figures since February 2017. Come on Soberbacchus, give us the actual figures.

I won't hold my breath...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Just curious why you are focusing on contractors?

Trump said he was going to put an end to off-shoring jobs.

That has INCREASED for both Fed Contractors and general employment.

Fed Contractors being off-shored has more than doubled.

It is an indicator of policy IMO. In awarding large Fed Contracts, how many US Jobs will be maintained or created is weighed. Seeing off-shoring more than double under Trump shows that is no longer a priority in assessing Federal Contracts.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Crap bikes give me an old BSA any day of the week.
The only folk I see on them are middle aged dudes going through a mid life crisis.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Maybe by going overseas they will learn how to build a motorcycle that is on the road as much as it's in the shop. Because their quality is a pity. They should come with reserved shop time & tools so you can work on it yourself. When you buy a Harley Davidson your buying a name...that's about it.
edit on 25-6-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Source please?

The same PDF you quoted.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yea, I figured you would personify the lack of integrity part by omitting this.

If it's bad, then the entire US can say how horrible Trump was, but if things turn around because of it, well, don't worry, nobody will be looking for you to be honest or show any integrity.

for those who can't read and understand things, what that means is that it may be a bit too soon to count the entire US economy as a loss for Trump. If it turns out horrible, then it will be his fault and no amount of tears from his supporters will change that. But by the same token, if it turns out good, will you show the world that you aren't just a partisan douche bag? Time will tell.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join