It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people being "kicked off" their health insurance yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I can't say people are getting kicked-off and I can't say they aren't but my state's health insurance just rolled-back coverage significantly. A large part of the mental health coverage --- including in-patient addiction treatment --- is now gone.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: face23785

I know that. My point is that people will never know if it's cheaper for them or not if they don't look.

And getting ats member to even check out the aca and see for themselves is like pulling teeth.

You might even find that it's cheaper for you. Can't hurt to look and see can it?

I am just trying to help.

My VA care is paid for by you. I don't pay anything. I doubt any plan on the ACA exchange is going to be cheaper than that. If you want to send me some additional funds, PM me and I'll shoot you my address.

I'm eligible for VA healthcare since I served but I refuse, even though my company/my own insurance has skyrocketed with little to no returns, to take that money from taxpayers, even my own, because I could afford otherwise but after SO many years, I'm starting to take a really hard think about it. That care should go to those that need it and can't afford it but I don't snub anyone that don't need it and can afford otherwise because they served and they deserved it but I myself does not want to partake because others need it more than I do... Well.... used to lol

The level of care you're eligible for from the VA depends on your length of service, type of discharge and VA disability ratings. It wouldn't hurt to look into it. Even if you only use it for certain things and would rather trust a private doctor for other things. I recently used a private doctor for something I didn't trust the VA to get right, and also because of their messed up rules I would've been forced to go halfway across the state to get it done.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My cost went down and I did keep my doctor.

It most certainly did work for some. Mostly low income people who quite honestly now pay nothing at all.

It did not work for everyone and I'd hope people realize it was set up to put the main financial burden on the middle class to pay for free healthcare for the young and those working at low paying professions.

In my case, it's now over $1,700 a month for my wife and I, with a deductible over $11,000. You see I earn just slightly too much for any subsidies or reductions and I live in a very expensive city where it takes a household income of $80,000 to live a middle class lifestyle. I make nowhere near that much these days. I literally have to chose between paying my bills or buying insurance and living in my car. Or I could quit working, say screw this and jump on the free ride train.

I lost my primary care provider and have no regular doctor now. So yes, some of us did lose our doctor of choice. That is and was very real. My wife's doctor for her diabetes is pressuring her to go to a clinic instead because he does not want to deal with anyone paying out of pocket anymore.

Just last night I had a conversation with a local small business owner I know. He and his wife are 64 and their monthly insurance payments are now at $3,200 a month (mine will be that high in just two years). He's figured out that by laying off his workers and shutting his business down, he can get free healthcare until he retires and then with his SS he will actually be better off financially in his old age. So he's going to do that. He's left with no choice but to shut down his business as a direct result of the ACA in its current form.

You see those who benefited don't want to hear from those who were hurt badly by the ACA, because they know those who were harmed are paying for everyone elses insurance. That's how it works. It's not the rich being hurt, it's the middle income workers and struggling small business owners that got the finger.

I have no doubt many benefited greatly by letting others pay their way. It's a lie to pretend that those paying for it can afford it and that we were not harmed. We did lose our doctors of choice, we are paying for others insurance, that's just a fact.

So yes take a look at the ACA rates. They are out of control for those who get no subsidies. Those who worked for their whole lives only to see insurance, deductibles and medical costs turn them into paupers and it happens really fast.

The ACA was a scam pure and simple, a scam to make the insurance companies rich and buy votes from the poor.

The last doctor I had a long talk with about this told me he estimated 7 million people got the shaft. You won't read that in the news though. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, it's a secret.

This is exactly the problem with it. A lot of people think "well # the rich, they should pay more". In reality it's not hurting the rich, it's hurting middle class folks like this. My brother has had a similar experience with it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I say check it out.

I think a lot of people never even tried , even those that need it.

My guess is most of the people that could use it but don't , don't even try because of the propaganda about it coming from the right.

It's sad when the help is there and could make a persons life better but they don't except it because of hate for another party.

You on the other hand remind me of a few of my dem friends that could use it but never even tried to sign up for it.
There excuse was that they were to poor to ever afford any kind of insurance. The system convinced them of this. The system that tells people that being poor is the worst thing and you don't deserve help.

Now they are on it and getting the help they needed.

But I am sure someone like you that can afford $335 a month could still use a brake. Use that extra money to save or take a vacation with the kids.

The more of us that use the aca and can tell others how good it is the more the republicans lose their aca is evil and not worth it talking points.
And yes I got to keep my family doctor the one my mom has been using for 30 years.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

One I am happy to pay for your insurance through the va with my taxes and thank you for paying for mine through the aca. 8)

It's great to hear that not all the horror stories about the va are true and I am trying to let people know that the bad they hear about the aca isn't all true ether.

If you want to send me some additional funds, PM me and I'll shoot you my address.

If we new each other personally I would do what I could. I'm just that kind of person. As it is I am happy to pay my taxes and help you that way.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

We don't have charity hospitals in my city.

We do have two "free" clinics. Not really free because you have to pay $10 each visit.
But I don't get my family doctor there and the care was terrible.

They convinced me I had asthma when I did not, they can't prescribe certain types of medication . Some medication that I take for my stomach doesn't work unless you have other meds to go with them. So I was never able to get real help from the clinics even after 5 years of going to them.

I used an asthma inhaler for 2 years until I got on the aca. My family doctor quickly learned that my shortness of breath was because of anxiety. Now I have no more issues with shortness of breath.

The free clinics told me that the rash on my face was rosacea and that there was nothing I could do about it. For five years my social life suffered. The rash was that bad. I get on the aca and go see an actual dermatologist, something the free clinics do not have, and with in literally she diagnoses me with plan old dandruff. But she says it's the most severe case she has eves seen. She prescribes me with some creams and a month later my face is clear. I cried when I saw my clear face in the mirror for the first time.

I am a red head if your wondering how dandruff can be so bad that it makes a dark red rash on a persons entire face.
redheads have bad skin in general.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It most certainly did work for some. Mostly low income people who quite honestly now pay nothing at all.

I pay around $150 a month for the aca. That isn't nothing for a part time worker like me that has to take care of a sick family member 24/7.

It did not work for everyone

The system has never worked for everyone, that's the real problem.

main financial burden on the middle class to pay for free healthcare for the young and those working at low paying professions.

I have meddle class friends that have no issue with this. They tell me that they would pay even more taxes if they thought those taxes would go to helping people. Maybe you feel differently.

Those who worked for their whole lives only to see insurance, deductibles and medical costs turn them into paupers and it happens really fast.

Now you know how a tax paying working american like me has had to deal with ALL MY LIFE. Before the aca that was my life.
But I don't want this to happen to people. I think the government should go the medicad for all route.

You still have medical care. before the aca I had no medical care at all. Do you really not care about that?

7 million people got the shaft.

Do those 7 million that your doc pulled out of their ass still have health care of some kind?

What about the more than 7 million that didn't have health care that now do? Doesn't that matter?

I talk with my doctor about this stuff to and she doesn't tell me anything like this. She loves the aca. And she has been a doctor for over 40 years.

The ACA was a scam pure and simple, a scam to make the insurance companies rich and buy votes from the poor.

We should get the insurance companies out of it.
But this is just right wing propaganda. The aca is helping people that need it everyday. Me and my mother are proof of this.

And yes I am 50/50 on whether or not I will vote for trump in 2020 and what he does to my healthcare will determine if I do.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

One I am happy to pay for your insurance through the va with my taxes and thank you for paying for mine through the aca. 8)

It's great to hear that not all the horror stories about the va are true and I am trying to let people know that the bad they hear about the aca isn't all true ether.

If you want to send me some additional funds, PM me and I'll shoot you my address.

If we new each other personally I would do what I could. I'm just that kind of person. As it is I am happy to pay my taxes and help you that way.

Oh I never said the VA care was good. It's awful. They are still using wait lists. They are still using technicalities in the rules to screw us any way they can. This kind of # still happens. I'd much rather the VA just pay for me to see a private doctor.

I was just kidding about you sending me extra money.
edit on 28 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

In occasion of medical insurance my opinion is unequivocal - it is necessary to make. Cases are different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join