It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people being "kicked off" their health insurance yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: rexsblues

You should forget your jobs health insurance and get on the aca.

I pay far less on the aca than I did with my job . And it's the same coverage.

That stuff is at very least double what my own insurance costs

Do you know that for a fact? I pay $160 for health, dental, vision. Your jobs insurance is cheaper than that?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Do you know that for a fact? I pay $160 for health, dental, vision. Your jobs insurance is cheaper than that?

Not everyone gets the same rates.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

What are the rates on the aca website for you?

Are there any good affordable plans offered by the aca that you would use if you had no others?

Be honest.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

What are the rates on the aca website for you?

Are there any good affordable plans offered by the aca that you would use if you had no others?

Be honest.

I've never looked. I'm a disabled vet, I get my healthcare through the VA and Tricare.

I wasn't referring to myself anyway. My point was that just because your plan is $160 a month doesn't mean the guy you were replying to can get it that cheap. It's not the same for everyone.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

i was referring to BCBS my current insurance

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I know that for a fact because I checked out the site as soon as I read your post on it. It's the second time I looked at those rates. For me here in Texas at my age, those were the options, the cheapest being far greater than what I'm paying now for far less service. The deductible is still crazy.

I also only pay 7$ a month on dental and vision combined. It's the med part that kills.

There was not one positive thing that came out of this healthcare, not one single thing.

But hey... Everyone gets healthcare... I now just have to pay for everyone else's negligence.

But yay you guys who now get affordable health insurance at the cost of mine. It's not like everyone didn't have the option to begin with. Now the people who DID have insurance have to suffer for the people who didn't or didn't even bother trying. That's worse than supporting food stamp and EBT recipients.
edit on 26-6-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I know that. My point is that people will never know if it's cheaper for them or not if they don't look.

And getting ats member to even check out the aca and see for themselves is like pulling teeth.

You might even find that it's cheaper for you. Can't hurt to look and see can it?

I am just trying to help.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Ok , I am just saying why not check out the aca and see if it would be better for you?

It's not going to hurt you if you go look, I promise trump wont know.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Middle class people are letting their health insurance go, due to premiums and deductibles being too high.

Getting "kicked off" happens with ObamaCare, if those receiving government assistance don't prove their income in a timely manner. This is happening mostly to the self-employed.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I know that for a fact because I checked out the site as soon as I read your post on it. It's the second time I looked at those rates. For me here in Texas at my age, those were the options, the cheapest being far greater than what I'm paying now for far less service. The deductible is still crazy.

Oh ok then. At least you looked.

There was not one positive thing that came out of this healthcare, not one single thing.

ACA saved my life. You might not call that a positive outcome but my friends and family do.

But hey... Everyone gets healthcare... I now just have to pay for everyone else's negligence.

negligence. I work at home because my mother has dwarfism and needs someone here at all times to cook her meals, clean up the house, help her to the toilet....Even If I could work 40 hours a week from home I still couldn't do it because i need to be able to do things for her when she needs them done. A lot of the things she needs done I can't wait for my lunch break to do. I need to be able to make my own hours while being at home at all times. That means part time work. Just imagine the medical bills for someone like her.

I can not afford health insurance other than ACA. I pay taxes just like you and I pay my monthly aca cost.
So thank you american tax payers for saving my life and making my mothers life easier. And thank you obama because without the aca I was (according to my doctor) looking at colon cancer in the next few years. My mother would have been screwed because I am the only family she has that gives a damn about her.

not like everyone didn't have the option to begin with.

There was no option for me before the aca.

That's worse than supporting food stamp and EBT recipients.

I wish more of my taxes went to these programs. I gladly pay for them.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Tax reform has nothing to do with health insurance.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I thought the only healthcare issues with the tax reform was that you no longer would be taxed (fined) if you didn't have insurance.
It will lead to increased premiums because the mandate is repealed and the money has to come from somewhere.
But no one was saying people would be kicked off.I
They just may have to kick themselves off because they can't afford health insurance anymore.
Winning.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

That's a good question. I have private insurance that is 335.00 a month for me and my husband. I never looked at insurance through the ACA because I had insurance. So I couldn't tell you how much it was.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I know that. My point is that people will never know if it's cheaper for them or not if they don't look.

And getting ats member to even check out the aca and see for themselves is like pulling teeth.

You might even find that it's cheaper for you. Can't hurt to look and see can it?

My VA care is paid for by you. I don't pay anything. I doubt any plan on the ACA exchange is going to be cheaper than that. If you want to send me some additional funds, PM me and I'll shoot you my address.

(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
from 0 to 45000 $ a year income people are totally screwed even women congrads ladys on being = .
my son making soeware between 45 k and 60 k insurance ((( right ))) who you kidding it would cost more then his mortgage father more he did have it and still ended up with around a total of 4 k bills over minor stuff .

as for my self I am 52 and starngly enough in my entire adult life I could never afford insurance but right befor the time I lost a finger had canser and losta eye durning that 2 years for some reason Medicaid decided i qualified .
after it was done and oer once again i did not quilfi for help lol .

anyway anyone making less then 75 k a year is totally screwed when it comes to health care which is around 200 million people lol .

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
from 0 to 45000 $ a year income people are totally screwed even women congrads ladys on being = .
my son making soeware between 45 k and 60 k insurance ((( right ))) who you kidding it would cost more then his mortgage father more he did have it and still ended up with around a total of 4 k bills over minor stuff .

as for my self I am 52 and starngly enough in my entire adult life I could never afford insurance but right befor the time I lost a finger had canser and losta eye durning that 2 years for some reason Medicaid decided i qualified .
after it was done and oer once again i did not quilfi for help lol .

anyway anyone making less then 75 k a year is totally screwed when it comes to health care which is around 200 million people lol .

My parents make less than $75K a year combined and they have health insurance. They're doing just fine, even better since the tax cuts.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

There was no option for me before the aca.

This is where I'm seriously confused. Back when I didn't have a well paying job, I would go to the "American Legion Hospital" and it wouldn't cost me anything. Charity hospitals are pretty much everywhere.

If you couldn't afford to pay because of a lack of money, health care was free. However, I understand that in 'some' places the waiting list is long.

Still... There were options. Now... No one has an excuse NOT to pay. I don't understand how people forgot about that. Suddenly it never existed and no one mentions it.

I wish more of my taxes went to these programs. I gladly pay for them.

I agree. "More of my taxes". I'm going to pay taxes anyways so that money should go towards just such things, BUT...

What I don't agree with is... Charge me ANOTHER tax to go towards this. Not only another tax but a tax that causes all of my current plans to either skyrocket or stop existing at all. I'm being taxed to death and being able to afford less and less to where my middle class wages only buys lower class supplies.

Once more, I don't understand why this isn't blown wide open around the country but no one wants to report on it, like it doesn't exist. Only here in the hidden cracks of the internet do we talk about them so people like us don't know what the others are honestly, really going through until it comes up in these forums.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

My VA care is paid for by you. I don't pay anything. I doubt any plan on the ACA exchange is going to be cheaper than that. If you want to send me some additional funds, PM me and I'll shoot you my address.

I'm eligible for VA healthcare since I served but I refuse, even though my company/my own insurance has skyrocketed with little to no returns, to take that money from taxpayers, even my own, because I could afford otherwise but after SO many years, I'm starting to take a really hard think about it. That care should go to those that need it and can't afford it but I don't snub anyone that don't need it and can afford otherwise because they served and they deserved it but I myself does not want to partake because others need it more than I do... Well.... used to lol

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My cost went down and I did keep my doctor.

It most certainly did work for some. Mostly low income people who quite honestly now pay nothing at all.

It did not work for everyone and I'd hope people realize it was set up to put the main financial burden on the middle class to pay for free healthcare for the young and those working at low paying professions.

In my case, it's now over $1,700 a month for my wife and I, with a deductible over $11,000. You see I earn just slightly too much for any subsidies or reductions and I live in a very expensive city where it takes a household income of $80,000 to live a middle class lifestyle. I make nowhere near that much these days. I literally have to chose between paying my bills or buying insurance and living in my car. Or I could quit working, say screw this and jump on the free ride train.

I lost my primary care provider and have no regular doctor now. So yes, some of us did lose our doctor of choice. That is and was very real. My wife's doctor for her diabetes is pressuring her to go to a clinic instead because he does not want to deal with anyone paying out of pocket anymore.

Just last night I had a conversation with a local small business owner I know. He and his wife are 64 and their monthly insurance payments are now at $3,200 a month (mine will be that high in just two years). He's figured out that by laying off his workers and shutting his business down, he can get free healthcare until he retires and then with his SS he will actually be better off financially in his old age. So he's going to do that. He's left with no choice but to shut down his business as a direct result of the ACA in its current form.

You see those who benefited don't want to hear from those who were hurt badly by the ACA, because they know those who were harmed are paying for everyone elses insurance. That's how it works. It's not the rich being hurt, it's the middle income workers and struggling small business owners that got the finger.

I have no doubt many benefited greatly by letting others pay their way. It's a lie to pretend that those paying for it can afford it and that we were not harmed. We did lose our doctors of choice, we are paying for others insurance, that's just a fact.

So yes take a look at the ACA rates. They are out of control for those who get no subsidies. Those who worked for their whole lives only to see insurance, deductibles and medical costs turn them into paupers and it happens really fast.

The ACA was a scam pure and simple, a scam to make the insurance companies rich and buy votes from the poor.

The last doctor I had a long talk with about this told me he estimated 7 million people got the shaft. You won't read that in the news though. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, it's a secret.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join