It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that you really want? (immigration)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

I think it's time to step back and view this from an outside perceptive.

Please, tell everyone what you want done, so the rest of us can understand what you are after here.

As an outsider and an outside perceptive (not even from the USA but you asked!) :

Maybe a good old fashioned kick up the arse to both whingy snotty bitchy childish immature partisan sides of your country... (that's just my opinion and tough if it hurts some people here...)

You folks are becoming the laughing stock of the rest of the planet due to the way you are dividing yourselves...

Just put up that bloody wall out of tax payers money once and for all (for cripes sake, that didn't stop you tax payers spending bazillions on wars...!) and then get back to trying to make your divided country great once more...

Your country... the so called "UNITED" states of America is no longer united but extremely divided...

Grow up and get a pair of man pants as you folks so like to say.

Kindest respects

Lags

Bull-ony. This things is out of hand and divisional as it should be considering. Not that you guys don't have problems over there like its all pat ect. Same problems we do on the issue just an invasion from another direction.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here is what I want done.

Emphasis and focus on Border Security.

Yes, the US is the place to be to do business.

However, we must maintain strict border laws and increase funding towards infrastructure and qualified personnel.

I feel like, immigration has been on the back brner for so long, many simply mention it, get elected, don't do squat and continue on with the status qou.

I want vetted checkpoints and facilities to take in initial persons wanting to enter.

Test them, everything. We want exceptional immigrants who'll be a producer and not a negative net.

Asylum seekers shouldn't be given a pass, rather, a facility, much like a old folks home, to house them until the issues are cleared up. This depends on the severity of the issues, like War and Famine.

I believe we as citizens should have more exposure to who comes into our country, via some sort of social media hub.

Folks, the digital age is rooting itself. Eventually, some cities will be all Augmented Reality based, all its people wearing AR glasses, to a person without then, a devoid and empty city with people walking about. With them, a vibrant digital utopia. Why did I just type that part? The AR stuff? What does that have to do with immigrants...why am I even typing this out??? The hell?????

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

LOL, those who had the nuggets to answer, are all saying the same things. I wonder just how many are really on board with the MSM's narration of this event.?

I think the fact that Maxine Watters can say what she did, and instead of having the left call her out, they seem to embrace it, show a very sad rendition of how bad things really are. Or perhaps they are just waiting for orders of whom to harass next.
edit on 25-6-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Perhaps stop viewing it as an attack on trump and see that he stole the kids with no plan to ever return them.

This was made crystal clear by the xo and the fact they can not reunite the children.

What i want on immigration is to have a system where non citizens can not vote nor receive monies yet they can come to the door give their info and come in and go to work if they choose.

I am not buying the wonderwall bs because the ports have been closed for a while.

republican fight song

We don’t have enough jobs. They would bring down the pay scales of many areas of the work force to even below the poverty level, in fact they have already done this with many other areas.

Also that move would obviously encourage millions more immigrants to come rushing to the border wanting in and if we did as you propose then it would only serve to exacerbate these and other current problems and cause many more huge problems for the United States.

In other words that would be a complete disaster and would literally bankrupt and destroy the country. SMH

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

yes we have jobs

we have a minimum wage

the states can regulate how many we let in

remove the federal protections and the handouts while keeping track of them

the numbers would not change much

this would not mean they could become citizens unless they go through the proper channels

why would someone seeking handouts come here if there were no handouts?

why would the dems want them here if they could not garner more votes?

think logically as to the current problems with the current system and find solutions

is there some incentives i am missing?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

you should not expect people to not care if someone kidnaps children with no plan past that point other than holding them forever.

if someone is disturbing the peace then charge them

resistance to tyranny is beautiful

terrorism is a gov. function.....................

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I sure wish they would give him an hour a day to debate the left . It would never happen because he uses facts and logic and the left is steered by mainly emotions. They are foaming at the mouth so virulently about the kids in cages , the kids in cages ,without once looking at facts of their obama savoirs actions in caging kids and the very words of their fallen leader hillary on the matter. They get all their news from tv ,magazines, and the special websites that wallow in feelings and then once they get indoctrinated and throw logic to the wind they go forth into the interwebs and on to the street and vomit out their emotions they have been told to spill.

These people are dangerous tools. There will be blood if this animal pack behavior of confronting people and screaming like banshees over immigration laws without a care of what transpired it all in the first place. Yes obama had kids taken away from their parents and put in cages but these brain dead emotional feelers dont have time to research , they just get the words from a bunch of old women with necks that look like scrotums and run with it as if it is gospel.

The left leaders want as many as they can get in to get in so they can try and shore up their flagging base which is losing numbers very fast. # Walkaway just see how many are wakening to being used as a tool.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
blame the 'dems'... lest we forget, we have a right wing cabinet, majority Senate, and an extreme right wing propagandist president...

op should ask the president this question. since he's making whatever decision being made now.

he can write EOs or get a bill passed with ease, since its a right controlled congress/senate ...

yet even some on the right are opposing Trump... something must give...
oh yea the 'dems..' and 'thanks Obama' (for good measure)
edit on 25-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
blame the 'dems'... lest we forget, we have a right wing cabinet, majority Senate, and an extreme right wing propagandist president...

op should ask the president this question. since he's making whatever decision being made now.

he can write EOs or get a bill passed with ease, since its a right controlled congress/senate ...

When I said "congress", did I single out the left minority, or did I just say "congress"? I think I just said "congress", but yes, it's the lunatic left who is up in arms about all this. Trump gave them what they wanted, and that really pissed them off. Perhaps you will evolve soon and be able to read AND COMPREHEND things, but till then, have a super day.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver
a reply to: Plotus

I sure wish they would give him an hour a day to debate the left . It would never happen because he uses facts and logic and the left is steered by mainly emotions. They are foaming at the mouth so virulently about the kids in cages , the kids in cages ,without once looking at facts of their obama savoirs actions in caging kids and the very words of their fallen leader hillary on the matter. They get all their news from tv ,magazines, and the special websites that wallow in feelings and then once they get indoctrinated and throw logic to the wind they go forth into the interwebs and on to the street and vomit out their emotions they have been told to spill.

These people are dangerous tools. There will be blood if this animal pack behavior of confronting people and screaming like banshees over immigration laws without a care of what transpired it all in the first place. Yes obama had kids taken away from their parents and put in cages but these brain dead emotional feelers dont have time to research , they just get the words from a bunch of old women with necks that look like scrotums and run with it as if it is gospel.

The left leaders want as many as they can get in to get in so they can try and shore up their flagging base which is losing numbers very fast. # Walkaway just see how many are wakening to being used as a tool. Indeed He does..... this also needs to be seen again and absorbed.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Plotus because: the liars will go scurrying into the darrk like cockroaches

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

So basically, you're just here to do that?

Gotcha.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I haven't seen a single post in the thread about what they want re: immigration. It's still all "yeah, but HE.. ."

Amazing

Wrong... See my post

Yes, I would love to see a wall put up. Problem is that Congress won't. They like the issue you see.

If you fix the problem, then they don't have anything to campaign on. Sad really.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Trump is working on America and the democrats are fighting and screaming to tear it apart.

Trump working on America?

Trump doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

He has no thought out plan.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

yes we have jobs

We wouldn’t be able to sustain the amount of jobs needed with your proposal to essentially open the borders. Show me with citations where our economy could provide at least a million new jobs a month for our new immigrant population flowing over the border. This would be ON TOP of the new jobs needed to sustain our native population.

we have a minimum wage

Working 40/week @ minimum wage = POOR

the states can regulate how many we let in

That’s not a State function. Even if it were it would be very stupid, just because California (for example) wants to let in millions of immigrants it’s not fare to the other States where lots of those immigrants will likely end up (illegally).

remove the federal protections and the handouts while keeping track of them

So, give away all available jobs and flood the job market with a massive unsustainable influx of workers that there aren’t enough jobs for and then on top of that waste an incredible amount of resources and a massive amount of money so we can... “keep track of them”?

the numbers would not change much

The pay rates would reach minimum wage for jobs that should be paying middle to upper middle class jobs, it’s already happening.

this would not mean they could become citizens unless they go through the proper channels

There is already proper channels in place.

why would someone seeking handouts come here if there were no handouts?

Probably to seek a job. Even at minimum wage, I job in the United States would pay much more than they could dream of making in their home country. But for Americans? See my first comment in this post. Hint: work 40/week @ minimum wage = POOR

why would the dems want them here if they could not garner more votes?
Cheap labor, illegal votes/future votes, they feel sorry for them even at the expense of the well being of their fellow Americans that will have to compete for the (now even lower minimum wage) jobs with them.

think logically as to the current problems with the current system and find solutions

If this country used your definition of logic it would collapse in under five years.

is there some incentives i am missing?

Yeah as a matter of fact you did miss some. Where is the incentives for the United States to let in millions and millions of immigrants collapsing the job market, making millions of Americans and immigrants unemployed, burdening the safety net to the brink of failure, raising the deficit by a trillion and subsequently eventually causing total failure of our society?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Trump is working on America and the democrats are fighting and screaming to tear it apart.

Nice of you to address the issue raised in the OP.

Wanna give us your opinion on how he should be doing it better?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

can you share how you have this inside information? Perhaps you learned his strategy by reading his book?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No one but those with out any reasoning, would not Agree with you....
Their arguments fall flat and show signs of some sort of dementia....
Alien Abduct ....I fully agree.

edit on 25-6-2018 by Plotus because: Truth will win....

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

So essentially your answer to the OP would be for Trump to write more and more executive orders?

I’d like to ask you a serious question...
Being that it’s (as you see it) a government controlled by the right wing, why do we have any Democrats in office, what is their purpose?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
why do we have any Democrats in office, what is their purpose?

to resist silly.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
why do we have any Democrats in office, what is their purpose?

to resist silly.

Certainly not to show up to important meetings and try to get any real work done.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join