It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that you really want? (immigration)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Wow, you sound like you want what I want. Could you be down with the sickness, or is it possible that we are all on common ground, but to busy arguing to notice?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Direct those with families to proper checkpoints for admission and refuge.

Turn around the crooks, and send them back.

Just one point of clarification, in order to find out who is a crook, and who is a legitimate family seeking asylum (but apparently unclear as to the proper method) they will have to be detained and vetted. Which if they could have a chance of staying, I think would be a win-win for all, but at this point, security should be the first step.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Jeez Louise, I put up a quote from Ronald Reagan, and I'm already "you people", and it comes with a personal insult to boot. Way to go.

Do they not let you folks think on your own?

I expected some "yeah, but's," but a "you people"? Already?

cya

Like I said, this is a bait thread for partisan bickering. There is no interest in solutions.

Such is the dishonest nature of political debate these days.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Tekaran
Not a democrat but here is mine.

Totally shut down borders for now, butild the wall, and working border security.
Homeless Americans first, a pathway to get off the streets.
Then a merit based immigration, and a path to citizenship.

See how easy that was to answer?

It was my understanding that the "wall" was more than just a big fence, but a combination of security measures that would prevent unknown entry. Surveillance, drones, physical deterrents, and more manpower to patrol.

I think that many people that have answered with the "wall" answer also meant what you have said but just made it simpler in their own words... myself included.

A wall is just a wall... of course there are other measures that need to keep the structure going such as CCTV, guards, etc etc etc...

So... the big question is who is going to whine first when this comes out of the tax paying voters pocket in the Divided States of America?

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 25-6-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I am a poo-head

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The politics of scapegoating works like a charm!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Tekaran
Not a democrat but here is mine.

Totally shut down borders for now, butild the wall, and working border security.
Homeless Americans first, a pathway to get off the streets.
Then a merit based immigration, and a path to citizenship.

See how easy that was to answer?

It was my understanding that the "wall" was more than just a big fence, but a combination of security measures that would prevent unknown entry. Surveillance, drones, physical deterrents, and more manpower to patrol.

I think that many people that have answered with the "wall" answer also meant what you have said but just made it simpler in their own words... myself included.

A wall is just a wall... of course there are other measures that need to keep the structure going such as CCTV, guards, etc etc etc...

So... the big question is who is going to whine first when this comes out of the tax paying voters pocket in the Divided States of America?

Kindest respects

Lags

Well, based on the deficit, I doubt anyone would notice the expenditure. But if it's something a majority of Americans agree on, it should be done, and perhaps some cuts in other places would solve the money issues. I feel quite certain someone in DC has a calculator.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The politics of scapegoating works like a charm!

Is this how the future looks? An uncomfortable question is asked, and instead of answering, you act like a 2 year old and throw a tantrum about the question.

If we are ever going to grow out of this, someone will have to make some changes to set the tone. Are you proud of your post?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The same thing your european forefathers wanted..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
The same thing your european forefathers wanted..

Cool, sadly, the southern crowd can't make it all the way to Ellis Island, they don't seem to have big enough boats.
I do hear that we have enacted some border crossings down that way, you know, where this kind of thing can happen. Our forefathers were a bit tougher than we seem to be. They didn't mind putting in the leg work required to get things done.
edit on 25-6-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I want a stop to people illegally entering our Country and overstaying their visas.

That's step one.

After that is done, we have to have a frank discussion about who gets to come into our country legally. If you don't have skills that are beneficial to our society, then will all due respect, you need to stay in your own country. Not everyone who wants to come to America gets to come in.

We need to streamline the immigration courts so they process cases much faster. Again, not everyone claiming asylum is a real case. Shockingly, people who enter illegally will lie.

If people from Central America have $5,000 to pay a coyote to sneak in, they aren't facing much hardship in my opinion and could easily try to immigrate legally. That they chose not to enter legalls is entirely on them and they suffer whatever consequences befall them for their actions.

edit on 25-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So based on the replies so far, I'd say even the left agree with Trump's ideas on immigration. So I guess only the liberal MSM are in disagreement.

Personally, I want exactly what Trump wants. To stop chain immigration, build the wall, do away with the lottery program, and implement a merit-based immigration system.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
So based on the replies so far, I'd say even the left agree with Trump's ideas on immigration. So I guess only the liberal MSM are in disagreement.

Personally, I want exactly what Trump wants. To stop chain immigration, build the wall, do away with the lottery program, and implement a merit-based immigration system.

Do you think the MSM has their followers so brainwashed that they won't speak out, even if they disagree?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: odzeandennz

Why do you think network dude is glorifying Trump and bashing Dems?

He clearly stats that some people saw an issue - that is a neutral-factual statement
Congress did NOTHING - again, that's a that is a neutral-factual statement
The President acted - that is a neutral-factual statement

A huge overlap in the people that saw the original issue, still have an issue. I would also say that is a that is a neutral-factual statement

The OP says that President Trump saw an issue and fixed it. In the OP it did not say that he agreed or disagreed with the action, again which makes it a neutral-factual statement

The OP does say that there were people that had an issue, Trump tooks steps to rectify the issue they had, yet some Americans they still have an issue. If that describes the Dems in America, so be it, but that's not bashing. You honestly don't see what the OP is talking about. Look at the tweets before and after the EO, they are about the same tone: Hitler, nazis, etc, etc....
Quoted as TRUTH.

Get a grip you hacks.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What's he going to do about reuniting the families he's already separated by his actions?
Now he says throw the court out of the picture. Just round them up and send them back over the border.
Excuse me while I try to figure out how this is different from catch and release he was so loud about criticizing.

So, what’s your solution again?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Please, tell everyone what you want done, so the rest of us can understand what you are after here.

obviously, another thread beholding Trump to god-status , and making accusations on 'dems' and instilling more subliminal division....per the first seven replies

Didn’t answer the OP

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Please, tell everyone what you want done, so the rest of us can understand what you are after here.

obviously, another thread beholding Trump to god-status , and making accusations on 'dems' and instilling more subliminal division....per the first seven replies

so rather than answer the question, you can to bitch a little? Was the question too tough?

ask the first 9 replies that question, not the guy who points it out. ...

we know what this thread is and going to become. hence the section its posted

Again failed to answer the OP

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I haven't seen a single post in the thread about what they want re: immigration. It's still all "yeah, but HE.. ."

Amazing

exactly. just another clone thread glorifying Trump and bashing 'dems' and then us vs them and personal attacks etc...

Oh look you replied three times in this thread and still have yet to answer the OP

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Your fourth post in this thread and yet again failed to address the OP

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Perhaps stop viewing it as an attack on trump and see that he stole the kids with no plan to ever return them.

This was made crystal clear by the xo and the fact they can not reunite the children.

What i want on immigration is to have a system where non citizens can not vote nor receive monies yet they can come to the door give their info and come in and go to work if they choose.

I am not buying the wonderwall bs because the ports have been closed for a while.

republican fight song

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

He's kinda right though, not even 7 replies in and we got the typical overcompensating maga post, complete with an over the top meme.

Pretty much why I loathe most trump supporters.

But carry on.

right and he deflects.... each time. admitting to it would be too detrimental...

And your fifth post in this thread and stillas of yet to address the OP.

You are a prime example of what Network Dude is trying to demonstrate. I’m glad this has been made a thread because I proposed this very same question from the OP in a few other threads and received the same NON response. I think so far the few people that actually halfway answered the OP were people that aren’t even Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join