It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that you really want? (immigration)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

Congress didn't fail. They haven't voted on it yet.
Now he's telling them not to vote on it because they need immigration issues to win in November.

Here is your chance, what is it you want here?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well what we should be doing is working to secure the border, and Stream line the process to better handle the workload for processing people.

But since getting things done doesn't play as well in the press compared to playing politics to score imaginary points with people that are wildly ill informed.

link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: network dude
Please, tell everyone what you want done, so the rest of us can understand what you are after here.

obviously, another thread beholding Trump to god-status , and making accusations on 'dems' and instilling more subliminal division....per the first seven replies

so rather than answer the question, you can to bitch a little? Was the question too tough?

+1 more 
link   
I haven't seen a single post in the thread about what they want re: immigration. It's still all "yeah, but HE.. ."

Amazing

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Please, tell everyone what you want done, so the rest of us can understand what you are after here.

obviously, another thread beholding Trump to god-status , and making accusations on 'dems' and instilling more subliminal division....per the first seven replies

so rather than answer the question, you can to bitch a little? Was the question too tough?

ask the first 9 replies that question, not the guy who points it out. ...

we know what this thread is and going to become. hence the section its posted

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I'd say the majority of people on both sides of the debate want the same thing: A political issue to bash the other side with over the head.

The Left doesn't care about immigration. The Right doesn't care about immigration.

The leadership wants a divisive political issue they can use as leverage in the media and in debate, but very little gets done and it doesn't seem people really care much about the issue outside of that partisan debate. Yet the masses follow right along and play in to the entire mess.

Like exactly what you are doing with this thread. You don't want solutions either. You want something to bash Leftists and anti-Trump people with.
Good sheep doing as they have been taught to do.

Jesus Christ, is there some memo your all got that says you need to be decisive and arrogant, but under no circumstances, are you to engage in dialog? Pull you head out of your ass for a second and read the post from the left here. NOT ONE post even hints at an answer to this seemingly easy question.

And you #heads have the arrogance to claim to know what I want or think? Damn, that's even stupider than I thought.

For clarification, I asked the question, because I don't know the answer. If you are on the left, and you are angry, what is it that makes you angry about this? What should be done differently?

edit on 25-6-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You didn't read very well then.

Stop them getting there completely.

It was an actual, real response.

It's worked here in Australia with our boat people.

They stopped the boats and shut down the people smugglers and everyone quickly forgets it was ever an issue.

edit on 25/6/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I haven't seen a single post in the thread about what they want re: immigration. It's still all "yeah, but HE.. ."

Amazing

Wrong... See my post

link   

Amazing

exactly. just another clone thread glorifying Trump and bashing 'dems' and then us vs them and personal attacks etc...

link   

Amazing

It's pointless and useless bait, because of what I previously described.

We've been debating ideas on immigration for decades. We've been discussing solutions about immigration for some time on ATS. We've shared our ideas.

Yet we still find ourselves coming back full circle to threads like these that are designed to perpetuate partisan bickering, under the guise of wanting to hear the solutions of others.

Well, has the OP not been paying attention? Ideas have been floating around for some time and now he wants to play dumb?

Please. Threads like this are idiotic and useless. The OP is baiting and that has become a debate tactic ins and of itself.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

ask the first 9 replies that question, not the guy who points it out. ...

we know what this thread is and going to become. hence the section its posted

again, was the question not easy enough for you?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

He's kinda right though, not even 8 replies in and we got the typical overcompensating maga post, complete with an over the top meme.

Pretty much why I loathe most trump supporters.

But carry on

edit on 25/6/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

what makes you assume the left is angry, then believe it, then pose a question based on that assumption..

angry about what exactly?

im not going to speak for 'the left' as im not. but what are they angry of... to you?

link   

I'd say the majority of people on both sides of the debate want the same thing: A political issue to bash the other side with over the head.

The Left doesn't care about immigration. The Right doesn't care about immigration.

The leadership wants a divisive political issue they can use as leverage in the media and in debate, but very little gets done and it doesn't seem people really care much about the issue outside of that partisan debate. Yet the masses follow right along and play in to the entire mess.

Like exactly what you are doing with this thread. You don't want solutions either. You want something to bash Leftists and anti-Trump people with.

Jesus Christ, is there some memo your all got that says you need to be decisive and arrogant, but under no circumstances, are you to engage in dialog? Pull you head out of your ass for a second and read the post from the left here. NOT ONE post even hints at an answer to this seemingly easy question.

And you #heads have the arrogance to claim to know what I want or think? Damn, that's even stupider than I thought.

For clarification, I asked the question, because I don't know the answer. If you are on the left, and you are angry, what is it that makes you angry about this? What should be done differently?

I gave a suggestion and a reply...!

Does that take me out of the Poo head category?

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 25-6-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap at editing.

link   

the question i will ask:

Are people really angry at this?
or
are they told if they are good people, they should be angry at this?

It goes back to the colbert show when comey not fired. Everyone ( I am going to stereotype here, I am guessing his studio audience are mainly white-college-educated-democrats) clapped. Then Colbert told them how to think, not why they should think, but how they should think and his audience has for the most part followed his marching orders.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You don't know the answer?

Are you living in a bubble? Where you been the last 30 or so years?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

He's kinda right though, not even 7 replies in and we got the typical overcompensating maga post, complete with an over the top meme.

Pretty much why I loathe most trump supporters.

But carry on.

right and he deflects.... each time. admitting to it would be too detrimental...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Do you hate the all equally, or is there a scale you use?

Again, my question is, what about the current immigration situation should be changed? What is it that the populace wants?

Here, I'll go first,
I want secure borders and an easier path to citizenship. See, I was able to compile a thought, and type it out. And I am not even a highly educated democrat.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The right wing MSM may have told him that all the left are angry.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You want the TRUTH ?.....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-6-2018 by Plotus because: can't fix stupid

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join