It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that you really want? (immigration)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Its not a heart strings topic for me.

I see the issue with immigration beginning with Reagan and our indiction into central America in the 80's. And culminating today with efforts by the DNC to counter the gerrymandered districts that the GOP have arranged for.

This isn't about people, except to us. The thing is: we can't fix it. We elect people to do it. And they have shown an utter lack of desire to do so.

You can blame Trump if you like. But it ignores the reality of the court decision being ignored for 20 years. And while I don't particularly care for kids being separated from parents, i also don't like them being turned loose inside the US. And Im not particularly happy about the efforts made to allow voting from non-citizens. And ill remind you: Trump didn't really do anything. He issued an EO, just like those before him. Its still a problem, and its now got another bandaid on it.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Heartstrings? Yeah, we bleeding hearts got no sense of proportion

Trump didn't really do anything.

Don't know what to say to this. The court decision that was ignored for 20 years is the reason why Trump did something unspeakably wrong?

Don't make me hit you?

You think this is OK, and I don't. I guess this is the end of the road for this particular conversation Tex

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: network dude

You are aware that this all happened under other presidents than Trump aren't you? Trump initiated a zero tolerance policy due to the idiocy of the previous ways. (they were sending the offenders out into the US and hoping they would show up to court, they didn't.)

You're ignoring that this was Trump's call to make - to separate children from their parents. If you don't want to acknowledge this I can't make you. But it is what it is

It's wrong - immoral. Trump is amoral

You haven't answered the important question yet. Are you for open borders? It really matters as to how this conversation will go.

Why does it matter? Open borders or not - the way we treat other human beings has nothing to do with this. Explain to me why the decision whether or not to abuse people is dependent on national policy?

I can already see how this conversation will go. You want to rationalize abusive behavior. You'll have to come up with your own loopholes - and massage your own conscience Network

I'm good

I'm not a doctor, I don't even play one on TV, so there is little chance I can help you with your bleeding heart. But what I can do is say what I believe. Trump may well have said to snatch the kids away, and put them in cages. But long before Trump took his first dump in the Oval Bathroom, others took families that crossed the border illegally (broke the law) and to my knowledge, didn't allow the kids to go to jail with their mommies. They were set free on their own good word that they would come back to court. And folks who think like you accepted that and just hoped for the best.

Well, they didn't come back, they just went to wherever they had planed on going, stole some poor guy's SS number, and started working. (some didn't steal the SS numbers they just worked under the table for less than minimum wage.)

But, the people were loud, they were OUTRAGED! How DARE Trump tear these babies away! So, Trump wrote an EO to try to not take the babies away. He lost on that one. But He didn't miss out on the rage, nope that part lingers on. Like going to the grave of the bad guy who you executed years before, and yelling at his headstone, you know, for good measure. So at this point, his only option is to stop enforcing our border laws. Or is there another option he could do that would make you happy? ( I laughed when I typed that, because I know there is NOT A DAMN THING ON EARTH Trump could do to make you happy. Other than die.)

So while I still think you are level headed and a good thinker most of the time, I do believe that you are being led by emotions, and not really yours, but the emotions you were told to have. I look forward to your return to the actual world. I'll welcome you and hand you a beer when you get back.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So while I still think you are level headed and a good thinker most of the time, I do believe that you are being led by emotions, and not really yours, but the emotions you were told to have. I look forward to your return to the actual world. I'll welcome you and hand you a beer when you get back.

I own my emotions - I do my own thinking. I would have allowed that the same applies to you too - out of respect

If you can do nothing more to further your argument at this point, and have to resort now to insulting me - we're done

As for the rest of that stuff you wrote above - if that isn't just pure emotion then nothing is. Mind your own house Network
edit on 7/17/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

then I look forward to the future, see you in 6 years.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It wasnt ignored. They were just letting folk free to not have to deal with it.

Essentially, the executive did "whatever" because the legislative wouldnt write a law. One branch of government isnt doing their jobs.

<< 12  13  14   >>

join