It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that you really want? (immigration)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We all have dreams.

Yours is a bit out there though.

Specifically which dream are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Why i want immigration: millenials are not reproducing, causing negative net population growth. This means that the threat to Social Security is that much graver.

I've paid a lot of money in over the years...i intend on getting it back.

In many areas, we are very short on workers and in very desperate need of people in this country.

Which areas?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The funny part is the right advocates to bring in the smartest around the world.

The left advocates to bring in low level workers.

Which group would take over the country first?

Speaking of context, who are you responding to?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

The funny part is the right advocates to bring in the smartest around the world.

Looks like i was asking everyone since it was not a reply to anyone specific.

Do you have an answer.

It is a genuine question.

We are currently hearing the mummers of only take in the most valuable ones.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We all have dreams.

Yours is a bit out there though.

Specifically which dream are you referring to?

You are also triggered.

Just read the post i responded too.

The dream of someone collecting everything they paid into ss.

That money has already been spent as the poster noted he would have to take it from future generations.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And yet, we have so many people on welfare, not working. I do understand the situation, and if I had the choice to work or to not work, yet make the same money, at this point, I'd likely not work. But as a young person, I never minded busting ass to make more money. Perhaps there is some middle ground there where we could reduce spending, and increase employment, all without having to import labor.

Welfare is another matter altogether that we really cannot begin to do justice in this thread. But I do not think we have very many people not working, as you claim. Do youhave some statistics?

I know that unemployment is very, very low.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: introvert

Do you live in a house or on a park bench? If you live in a house with walls, and doors, do you lock them? If you lock your doors, why?

Let's take this one step at a time, Dude. Do you agree with my sentiment or not?

no, not at all. I can go to any country I wish, as long as I follow their rules when I arrive and leave. Leaving the US and coming back in, is a easy as showing my passport and having it stamped.

I have locks on my doors, to keep those who I don't want in, out. I think the same philosophy goes with the border, but then, I've explained that on my end.

Your idea about the semi-open border doesn't sound possible for some specific reasons, but I don't think we will ever have to worry about that, so there really is no need to argue about it unless you really want to.

I disagree. I'm not convinced the same can apply to both aspects.

One is private, one is public.

One is owned by a person(s), the other is not owned by any individual.

There are so many differences and issues in that analogy, it seems quite silly.

Again, it all comes down to whether or not your beliefs are rooted in freedom or not, which is why I made the firearm analogy earlier.

You can regulate to high heaven and limit what people can do, and some will still find a way to do what they want regardless.

Highly-regulate firearms, the bad guys will still find a way to get their hands on one.

Highly-regulate the border, the bad guys will still find a way in.

So all you are doing is going to place more burdens on those that only want to travel back and forth, or come to offer something to our work force.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: pavil

With automation we will have to retrain workers

Of course.

There wont be enough "grunt jobs" for such unskilled workers who immigrate here as you just described.

Then they will stop coming here for work.

Supply and demand.

They will still come looking for "the Better LIfe in America".

How will we stop that if not with a sound immigration policy?

The only way you will stop it is by no longer having a country worth coming to.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why i want immigration: millenials are not reproducing, causing negative net population growth. This means that the threat to Social Security is that much graver.

In many areas, we are very short on workers and in very desperate need of people in this country.

Which areas?

Food service is just one area. The wages in that field have blown up because of the shortage of labor.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Which areas?

Food service is just one area. The wages in that field have blown up because of the shortage of labor.

So, how is that a bad thing for our fellow Americans in food service that are now enjoying a pay raise?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Which areas?

So, how is that a bad thing for our fellow Americans in food service that are now enjoying a pay raise?

Ouch that one stung! Also Automation is already taking fast food jobs.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Of course.

There wont be enough "grunt jobs" for such unskilled workers who immigrate here as you just described.

Supply and demand.

Like by having millions of unskilled, non English speaking people enter our Country?

Personally, I would rather raise their home countries quality of life so they would want to stay there.
edit on 27-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Which areas?

It's not, unless wages have such a profound affect on prices, which in turn affect people's decision on how often they eat out.

High wages for the chef do not mean much if there are fewer and fewer people coming through the door.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Of course.

Supply and demand.

Like by having millions of unskilled, non English speaking people enter our Country?

Personally, I would rather raise their home countries quality of life so they would want to stay there.

I agree, but I am not sure how they make the country not worth coming to.

America is known for being a very diverse place with man cultures and languages.

It's actually a good selling point.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Looks like i was asking everyone since it was not a reply to anyone specific.

Do you have an answer.

It is a genuine question.

We are currently hearing the mummers of only take in the most valuable ones.

I’ll answer your question just as soon as you respond to the same Q and A that you and I have been discussing about during this entire thread, in which I reiterated and clarified on at least two occasions. You have yet to respond to my post even after I have made revisions and clarifications at your request. Just to let you know there are many people reading this thread and scrutinizing our conversation long after we leave this thread. And that Scrutiny prolongs throughout our namesake during our time here at ATS.

All you do is ignore and insult. Do you suppose that this conversation will just go away even though it persists on the front page? Do you suppose I will just go away after a few redundant remarks of yours? Have you not looked at my avatar? This obviously isn’t my first rodeo.
edit on 6/27/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Which areas?

Ouch that one stung! Also Automation is already taking fast food jobs.

I’m not against automation, I am against illegal immigrants competing against Americans in the work force.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So adding millions of unskilled workers to a job force that will shrink drastically due to automation will do WHAT to those low skilled job's wages? Will they go up or down in your view?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Of course.

Supply and demand.

I agree with this. I have advocated for this but to no avail.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: network dude

Anti trump?

Nonsense.

Anti-trump supporter, definitely.

I don't care to be honest.

And you don't either.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Which areas?

It's not, unless wages have such a profound affect on prices, which in turn affect people's decision on how often they eat out.

High wages for the chef do not mean much if there are fewer and fewer people coming through the door.

If the restaurant has to depend on low wage illegal workers to keep the business running then that restaurant shouldn’t be open and running in the first place. The wage being paid isn’t fair to illegal immigrants legal immigrants or even native citizens working there. Let alone insurance benefits or other benefits!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join