It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that you really want? (immigration)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: introvert

Do you live in a house or on a park bench? If you live in a house with walls, and doors, do you lock them? If you lock your doors, why?

Let's take this one step at a time, Dude. Do you agree with my sentiment or not?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Why i want immigration: millenials are not reproducing, causing negative net population growth. This means that the threat to Social Security is that much graver.

I've paid a lot of money in over the years...i intend on getting it back.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We all have dreams.

Yours is a bit out there though.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Why i want immigration: millenials are not reproducing, causing negative net population growth. This means that the threat to Social Security is that much graver.

In many areas, we are very short on workers and in very desperate need of people in this country.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The funny part is the right advocates to bring in the smartest around the world.

The left advocates to bring in low level workers.

Which group would take over the country first?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Question for those who want open unrestricted Immigration, no punishments for people who enter or stay illegally.

What does the USA gain from that?

Answer that first then we can work down the list.

that is a loaded question.

how with open borders would such be illegal?

take away incentives and the mexicans migrate yearly just as always.

why would anyone want to come here if there are no handouts and we deal with the drug war correctly?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

In many areas, we are very short on workers and in very desperate need of people in this country.

What kind of workers? What skills do they need? Do they speak the language needed for working in the jobs you say need filling? Will the people who enter our country be able to fill those jobs right off the bat?

With a huge Automation Revolution about to take place that will take a huge bite, what will happen to those people? 16 Million to 54 Million people will have their jobs replaced with no other job to replace them.

This is the projection in 13 years .....2030.

In the U.S., 39 million to 73 million jobs could be destroyed, but about 20 million of those displaced workers can be shifted fairly easily into similar occupations, though they may take on slightly different tasks, the report says. That means 16 million to 54 million workers — or as much as a third of the U.S. workforce — will need to be retrained for entirely new occupations.

Globally, up to 800 million workers could be displaced and as many as 375 million may need to learn new skills for new occupational categories. Advanced economies such as the U.S. that have higher wages are more vulnerable to the adoption of labor-saving technology.

Link

Why do we need to take in more people when up to a third of our workforce will be out of their jobs because of Automation?
edit on 27-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What kind of workers? What skills do they need? Do they speak the language needed for working in the jobs you say need filling? Will the people who enter our country be able to fill those jobs right off the bat?

Low-skilled laborers for the most part. Plenty of jobs for them and language is not really an issue.

With a huge Automation Revolution about to take place that will take a huge bite, what will happen to those people? 16 Million to 54 Million people will have their jobs replaced with no other job to replace them.

That is true and a very important aspect. One part of that which no one seems to discuss is that with automation comes other jobs created to support that industry.

The type of jobs we have will always fluctuate/change with the newer technologies.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Low-skilled laborers for the most part. Plenty of jobs for them and language is not really an issue.

That is true and a very important aspect. One part of that which no one seems to discuss is that with automation comes other jobs created to support that industry.

The type of jobs we have will always fluctuate/change with the newer technologies.

From the article above:

Jobs most susceptible to automation are physical ones in predictable environments. Those include workers who operate machinery, prepare fast food, collect and process data, originate mortgages and do paralegal and accounting work. Jobs safest from the effects of automation involve managing people, high-level expertise and unpredictable environments. They include engineers, scientists, health care providers, educators and IT professionals, as well as gardeners, plumbers and elder care providers.

With automation we will have to retrain workers

The biggest challenge, Lund says, will be retraining millions of workers midcareer. Governments and businesses already have fallen short in the retraining of workers who lost jobs in the recession of 2007 to 2009.

And then there is the cost of the retraining on Society:

According to the report, “there are few precedents in which societies have successfully retrained such large numbers of people.” Governments will also need to provide income support and other assistance to help workers transition to new occupations and increase investments in infrastructure and energy to boost economic growth, the study says.

There wont be enough "grunt jobs" for such unskilled workers who immigrate here as you just described.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: introvert

Do you live in a house or on a park bench? If you live in a house with walls, and doors, do you lock them? If you lock your doors, why?

Let's take this one step at a time, Dude. Do you agree with my sentiment or not?

no, not at all. I can go to any country I wish, as long as I follow their rules when I arrive and leave. Leaving the US and coming back in, is a easy as showing my passport and having it stamped.

I have locks on my doors, to keep those who I don't want in, out. I think the same philosophy goes with the border, but then, I've explained that on my end.

Your idea about the semi-open border doesn't sound possible for some specific reasons, but I don't think we will ever have to worry about that, so there really is no need to argue about it unless you really want to.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Of course.

There wont be enough "grunt jobs" for such unskilled workers who immigrate here as you just described.

Then they will stop coming here for work.

Supply and demand.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And yet, we have so many people on welfare, not working. I do understand the situation, and if I had the choice to work or to not work, yet make the same money, at this point, I'd likely not work. But as a young person, I never minded busting ass to make more money. Perhaps there is some middle ground there where we could reduce spending, and increase employment, all without having to import labor.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Decentralized manufacturing is one thing that could help with this.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

yep you were right

It is dumb.

When you break down every word msm style you lose all context of what you and i both said.

It would make a better comedy routine rather than an attempt to converse.

Never the less perhaps on the flip side you made us all laugh and beg for more.

yes

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The laws are in place, no need to “jump through hoops” to do their job. We really wouldn’t need a wall if the current laws were being enforced like they should be.

So you admit there is no need for a wall. That's a positive step forward.

I said there WOULD BE no need for a wall if the current laws were enforced like they should be. A wall in our present situation would most certainly be a big help in our present-day environment.

edit on 6/27/2018 by Alien Abduct because: Fixed quotes

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

yep you were right

It is dumb.

When you break down every word msm style you lose all context of what you and i both said.

It would make a better comedy routine rather than an attempt to converse.

Never the less perhaps on the flip side you made us all laugh and beg for more.

yes

Who is “Us”?

I just have one last question. Do you suppose you could point out this discussion between you and I in this thread to your friends or anyone else and actually be proud of how you were so cowardice so as not to even respond with any sort of coherent discourse?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Of course.

Then they will stop coming here for work.

Supply and demand.

They will still come looking for "the Better LIfe in America".

How will we stop that if not with a sound immigration policy?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The people making the uproar are not the least bit interested in those kids, or anything else important. They only want to make as much noise about Trump as possible. You said it yourself - even when he does exactly what they want they still find a way to complain about it.

Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

AWWWWW

You got me......

I have no body but you friend.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Explain how “immigration” will help that?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join