It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley: 'Ridiculous' for UN to analyze poverty in America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Thursday dismissed a poverty report by the United Nations, saying it’s “ridiculous” for the intergovernmental body to analyze American poverty.

“It is patently ridiculous for the United Nations to examine poverty in America,” Haley said in a letter to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

“The Special Rapporteur wasted the UN’s time and resources, deflecting attention from the world’s worst human rights abusers and focusing instead on the wealthiest and freest country in the world.”
[...]

Nikki Haley: 'Ridiculous' for UN to analyze poverty in America

While everyone argues left vs right, red vs blue, and launch various straw men against one another the wealth gap in America continues to grow and the poorest sections of the richest nation on earth continue the downward spiral into third world conditions.

According to the report 40% of Americans don’t even have $400 in their savings for an emergency, and nothing changes, wealth disparity grows while wages are stagnant as we hurdle towards an automation revolution that threatens to eliminate massive deaths of the needed labor force in all areas.

undocs.org...

Corruption and cronyism is out of control but a cult of personality has blinded many to this fact and nobody wants to address the real issues, America will likely never be great again, but seriously bad times are coming, it’s only a matter of when now, but many have little left to lose; and somethings bound to break.

www.reddit.com...

A link to the reddit thread, I suggest reading some of the commentary, particularly, the ones illustrating culture shock.
edit on 6/25/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Has the U.N weighed in on the illegal immigration problem the USA face's? Nope. Have they weighed in on the abhorrent Government of Mexico....when they say it's a "god given right" for their people to migrate to America...Nope , no they did not. Mexico if nothing else, exports their people...especially the poor uneducated ones. Trying to say the drug cartels RUN Mexico is freaking absurd. Mexico runs Mexico. The U.N. is needed about as much as lipstick on a hog. United Nothing is what it should stand for.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Has the U.N weighed in on the illegal immigration problem the USA face's? Nope. Have they weighed in on the abhorrent Government of Mexico....when they say it's a "god given right" for their people to migrate to America...Nope , no they did not. Mexico if nothing else, exports their people...especially the poor uneducated ones. Trying to say the drug cartels RUN Mexico is freaking absurd. Mexico runs Mexico. The U.N. is needed about as much as lipstick on a hog. United Nothing is what it should stand for.

Your absurd, irrelevant deflection only further serves to prove my point; and illustrates how easily distracted Americans are.

Immigrants are not the cause of the wealth disparity here, I invite you to stay on topic..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

sounds pretty brainwashed.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That’s absurd on her part.

The UN creates expert driven development reports on literally every single member country...

It’s the same metrics, from education to economic mobility, that are used for other countries...
a reply to: eNumbra

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
That’s absurd on her part.

The UN creates expert driven development reports on literally every single member country...

It’s the same metrics, from education to economic mobility, that are used for other countries...

It is, but there’s been an ever growing pattern of not accepting outside criticism in America for a while; and while it’s easy to dismiss the UN for the things it does wrong, you can’t simply dismiss criticism because of it.
Lately nothing that paints America as anything less than the holy land itself is tossed out without a thought, “how dare they criticize us!” They say, ignoring reality.

But this is where we are, on the precipice of the collapse of our society, while our leaders claim nothings wrong and line their pockets.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Trump-"U"SA is the greatest of all great nations, of all times and in the universe.

And it´s Potus makes even "god" jealous, because of all the millions of his good deeds to the average, tax paying and not rich people.

There is no such thing like poverty in the greatest of all great nations, everybody who suggests such things like poverty in the Trump-"U"SA is a blasphemist. The tent cities everywhere are just show, to hide the wealth of all the "U"S-citizens, so nobody wants to rob them.

It was more than clear that a not so successful "businessman", "dealmaker" with billions of debts around the world and not billions of money on his bank account, who never was in touch with the world of the "rabble", will work especially for the poor and left-behind citizens. Because he knows so much of them and because of that he has so much empathy for them. He knows how hard their lives are. From watching Fox News. The only source of truth on this earth.

Btw, why can one read every fart about Trump on ATS, every fart that could be used by the 10-15 always same people on ATS, to celebrate every decision Trump made and makes? But not about the protests of the farmers, which voted for Trump once, because they felt left-behind and betrayed but suffer more now because of Trumps decisions?

US Tariffs On Chinese Goods Could Ultimately Harm Kansas Farmers

Nebraska Corn disappointed by Chinese tariffs
Corn Board hopes to work with president and urges him to reconsider

From boat makers to farmers, US-led tariff war inflicts pain

Why didn´t i read just one thread, written by the Trumpeteers on ATS, about these issues?

Because there are no bad decisions made by their greatest of all great Donalds, like there is no oligarchy, no poverty, no crime, no racism in the (Trump-)"U"SA?
edit on 25 6 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The collective UN IQ is not even a start to be able to analyze their way out of a wet paper sack with a sharp pair of scissors if there wasn't a US Ambassador present.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

No the U.N. Is the topic and I am on point. If you are poor in America it's your own damn fault. Period the end. Work hard, do the right thing and good things come from it. Sitting around bitching about what others have is just a big old waste of time...….we all aren't entitled to be wealthy only those of us who WORK OUR ARSE"S OFF DO.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I won't waste much of my valuable time on this but Nikki Haley is an ignorant and disgusting human being, and seeing as how she's so far up her own rectum, I'm waiting for the day she drowns in her own excrement

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I would almost bet you are not American.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

All the things you mention...were around under the Obama years. Yea, they were.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

No the U.N. Is the topic and I am on point. If you are poor in America it's your own damn fault. Period the end. Work hard, do the right thing and good things come from it. Sitting around bitching about what others have is just a big old waste of time...….we all aren't entitled to be wealthy only those of us who WORK OUR ARSE"S OFF DO.

Yes, all poor people are lazy, nobody who’s poor works hard, or multiple jobs, or while going to school taking on massive debt to do so.

Ignorance, arrogance, and narcissism is the topic of this thread. Ignoring the reality that America’s growing wealth disparity is destroying her is the topic.

Pull your head out of the sand.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

we all aren't entitled to be wealthy only those of us who WORK OUR ARSE"S OFF DO.

What? Don't you know what an American trust fund baby is?

There are plenty of people out there that are wealthy and have not worked their asses off to get it.

Hell, even Trump got a million dollar handout to get started.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

It was more than clear that a not so successful "businessman", "dealmaker" with billions of debts around the world and not billions of money on his bank account, who never was in touch with the world of the "rabble", will work especially for the poor and left-behind citizens. Because he knows so much of them and because of that he has so much empathy for them. He knows how hard their lives are. From watching Fox News. The only source of truth on this earth.
A few things going on here . You are saying that Trump is in debt to the tune of billions and has a empty bank account . Go to a tent city and pick out the poorest person you can find and compare the math . If Trump is of the one percent and is broke to the tune of the amount of debt he h.as then the poor guy has probably more cash in his pocket then Trump does .

Maybe its not about money but about credit .The difference between good ,great ,and poor credit is the amount of money you can borrow that adds to the amount of debt you have . I consider myself poor and happy not having any debt . I just could never feel comfortable owing billions of dollars .

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Ok, way to go Nikki!

Seriously, the poor in the US have more than most middle class in the third world.

I wish I got a pic, but they have a tent up around the corner from my house...it is for free iPhone...read Obama phone. The line had over 30 people waiting....most ALL of them waited in line and killed the time by surfing the net on the phone in their hand. I kid you not...I watched for an hour, I was waiting for paint to dry, they ALL got a phone. 3 left in Cadillacs, 10 in cars better than mine...17 walked.

As I walked to get coffee, they asked me if I wanted to apply-I explained that I do not qualify for any government assistance. They told me it was not needed, just a copy of my license or other photo ID. Which proved my point that the fight against voter id is not about minorities but being able to bus people around...sorry, off topic.

Anywho, our poor have 2-3 TV's, free food, rent, phones...my neighbor...pregnant with her 6th by 5 "daddies"...even got a car from the government.

While there are some who are actually poor, most counted in our country are not.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I would almost bet you are not American.

Sad that you can’t accept that America isn’t the land of milk and honey you think it is and that anyone criticsing it must not be from here.
Blind nationalism will doom us all, America needs fixing.

And the fact that people started that post, Jesus ATS is lost.
edit on 6/25/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

All the things you mention...were around under the Obama years. Yea, they were.

And bush, and Clinton, and daddy bush... were spiraling.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Actually the”myth of the meritocracy” has been thoroughly debunked by relevant experts. It’s a pernicious and harmful myth.

There is plenty of evidence and data to support that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join