It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are glaciers really growing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
I read somewhere some time ago that it was scientifically proven that there is always a high heat period before an ice age.

What we are basically doing is hpjust hurrying the process up. The chance is really high that there is an upcoming ice age. So it is possible glaciers to be growing.

many cooling periods are preceded by high volcanic activity

scied.ucar.edu...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: toysforadults

Yeah buddy!!! Squaw valley!!! That's my mountain. While it's true they got plenty of snow, 58 feet is a bit of a lie. That's a total of the best possible estimation. Kinda like, batteries lasting for 48 hours. They take the highest numbers in their tests and use that as their standard.

Either way Tahoe is looking better than it has. Problem is, two good seasons does not set a trend. I still need more evidence either way. I don't subscribe to nor do I dismiss the "climate change" hype.
In any case, thanks for the Squaw high light. Love that resort.

ahhhh interesting, but when compared to other data it seems to tell a story, I guess we will no more in a few years?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Short answer, no.
Glaciers are receding across the Earth.

A few glaciers do not follow this trend, for whatever reason; most glaciers do.

you mean hundreds or even potentially thousands of glaciers do not identify a trend?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: Greven
Short answer, no.
Glaciers are receding across the Earth.

Longer answer, some are growing and most are shrinking. 7/9 of the links are emphatically clear about most glaciers receding. The few that are growing (regional climate variability) are away from the poles in Argentina, Pakistan and NZ.

do you think this could potentially fit into the narrative that the earth's weakening magnetic field is leading to shift's in climate let's say warming in some placed and cooling in others?

edit on 25-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join