It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Hen eateries feel the heat after Sarah Sanders booted from Virginia restaurant with same name

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Democrats say we need illegal immigrants because no one else will work that cheap. Sounds a lot like the pro slavery argument to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Democrats say we need illegal immigrants because no one else will work that cheap. Sounds a lot like the pro slavery argument to me.

Please cite a reference....

edit on 25-6-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
F for you... Government 101...

Wow...an "F".

I'm sorry I triggered you...NOT my intent.
Since you know much more than I...was LBJ really a racist?

...and did he really say this?:

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

-Democrat President Lyndon B. Johnson

SNOPES sez he did...but I trust your opinion just as much.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Here is a reference where people were asked if Illegals do the terrible jobs no American would want to do (you know like slaves picking that cotton).

The mid-January CBS News/YouGov poll asked respondents their views about “illegal immigrants.” Respondents had mixed views. A majority (67 percent) agreed that “illegal immigrants fill jobs Americans won’t do,” (with a significant split between supporters and opponents of the president)

immigrationforum.org...

I heard it non stop in College from my Social Work professors as well, so I don't need a reference to tell you what my experience has been.

Why pay someone a fair wage for a difficult job when we can get a brown skinner to come do it on the cheap.

Same party, same pro slavery mentality. The only difference is they have somehow convinced the people they want to exploit to support them for doing it.

Here is Durbin saying it too. We need them for the crappy jobs that suck too much for anyone in America to do it.

So many jobs that they fill are jobs that Americans aren't jumping to fill.

www.gop.com...
edit on 25-6-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yes, the Republicans hold liberal ideologies. If they didn't, then they would be fiscally conservative instead of socially conservative and fiscally liberal.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Bigger federal government, and more taxes is a huge legacy of the Republican Party.

Party names don’t mean a whole lot from a historical perspective. THAT’S a fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Isn't that capitalism...?

Maximize profits by keeping costs down.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This whole post is just to deflect the real discussion of why liberal restaurant owners are so full of hate they can't even serve food to an American family that doesn't agree with their narrow political beliefs.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

My family and I have actually dined in this establishment. I shall vote with my $$. To quote Nickleback, NEVER AGAIN.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, the Republicans hold liberal ideologies. If they didn't, then they would be fiscally conservative instead of socially conservative and fiscally liberal.

Wow.... now I've heard everything. Republicans are Liberal.

Thus confirming that ATS is just a GOP echo chamber.... a virtual circle jerk without the courtesy of a reach-around. Most of what I read here these days amounts to just so much mental masturbation.... carry on oh hairy one... because there is no point for me too continue.... when all sense of reason has abandoned this place.

Y'all have a lovely day...
edit on 25-6-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So you are pro slavery, got it. The rest of the Dems appear to be so no surprise. Unlike you I think capitalism is about fair compensation, a free market, not interfering with the market to create an unfair market that maximizes profits by breaking the law and with a human cost.

I admit your honesty in being pro slavery though.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I have had this discussion with liberal "friends". They always start calling me names as soon as I point out that, they are treating these people like slaves by trying to explain that these immigrants are willing to work off the books for much less than minimum wage. They seem to think that allowing someone to work off the books, even though they are here illegally, is okay. AND that the business owner paying them far less than minimum wage, CASH, is just peachy.

Ummm, yeah. That's ILLEGAL, and IMMORAL.... AND one hell of a raw deal for the illegal immigrant.

I have one guy who justifies this response with, "Well, I went 70 in a 60 MPH zone, and nothing happened to me!!"

You simply can't make this crap up. Laws, are something that the left appears to not want to follow.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So you are pro slavery, got it. The rest of the Dems appear to be so no surprise. Unlike you I think capitalism is about fair compensation, a free market, not interfering with the market to create an unfair market that maximizes profits by breaking the law and with a human cost.

Trump apparently adheres to the corporate capitalist model of hiring cheap labor and you support him.
His and Ivanka products are made off shore. Perhaps he should lead by example...

www.factcheck.org...

www.newsweek.com...

thehill.com...

edit on 25-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He hires legal immigrants. He follows the laws. If you think the law should be changed write to Congress. My question is why are you for slave-wages to illegals? Why do you think we should bring people here to work under inhumane conditions for unfair wages?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

They were and are the pro-slave party. They just re-branded.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Trump apparently adheres to the corporate capitalist model of hiring cheap labor and you support him.

www.newsweek.com...

thehill.com...

So, let me explain how business works.

Subcontractors, bid on jobs for major corporations. I am in this world. I have, right now, 42 subcontractors performing various jobs for my company across these United States. I hired the best company to do the job. They have their own ways of hiring people. They sign statements in our contract that they will not do anything illegal, like, hiring undocumented workers, in EVERY contract that I've ever seen, this is a stipulation.

In the past, I have had subcontractors who cut corners, and paid people far less than what they were supposed to do. Once I found out, their contracts were terminated for cause.

Have other of my subcontractors done these too? I periodically check BUT unless someone on the ground notifies me, I've got no idea.

Can that impact the reputation of my company? YES.

Businesses will "black list" subcontractors, and yes I share mine with other companies that work in our fields. We all share. This helps all of us stay in business.

Trumps company is so large, there is no way on the planet that he PERSONALLY gets involved in anything even remotely close to the front lines, he shows up to sign the initial contracts, and then all of the people directly involved in a project, handle the day to day operations.

These are silly attempts to compare apples to apples, which are actually apricots.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

He hires legal immigrants. He follows the laws. If you think the law should be changed write to Congress. My question is why are you for slave-wages to illegals? Why do you think we should bring people here to work under inhumane conditions for unfair wages?

You need to show me where I said or support any of that.

I was just explaining how capitalism works in America.

I pay my employees very well btw. I'm proud of being an entrepreneur and American businessman; besides working union jobs on the side; some of them even for the GOP.
edit on 25-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Like you guys really care about these people.. ha.

For the record, I think illegal immigrants who are here and working and not hurting anybody should be able to stay, and should be paid the same as a white person would make for doing the same job.

So there.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So if a citizen is willing to do the job, why are we allowing an illegal to take that job that an American wants?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Whoever can do the job the best and is willing to work the hardest, should get the job. That’s usually how it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join