It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Hen eateries feel the heat after Sarah Sanders booted from Virginia restaurant with same name

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

I know what the laws are. They are wrong and should be changed. Unlikely they will be changed under Trump.

Are you in favor of changing the laws as I am? Do you care about these people who are willing to work hard for a better life, but don’t have enough time or money to go through the lengthy, expensive process to become “legal”?

That's the beautiful thing here, and thank you for finally showing us the real idea here behind your posting.

I am the son of an immigrant. My mother was a British citizen who became a naturalized citizen, on her own. She became a US citizen and gave up her British citizenship.

No, I do not think the laws should be changed. Being a US citizen is a privilege. It is NOT a right. You, are trying to water it down.

America is the best country on this third rock from the sun. America is built on great people, great ideas, great diversity, and great immigrants.

Being allowed to be a citizen of these United States should be something that is WORTH striving for. Worth fighting for. And, in some cases, like my father, worth dying for.

No participation trophies.

Fred..
edit on 25-6-2018 by fredrodgers1960 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think the best qualified person who is legally qualified should get the job, I don't think race should play any role whatsoever.

If the best qualified is the white person, why do you not want black people to get jobs? Do you want black people to suffer in poverty while white people get the jobs?

If the best qualified is the black person, why do you not want white people to get jobs? Do you want white people to suffer in poverty while black people get the jobs?

I can ask you those questions, because they are the same kind of questions you were asking me. You know damn well that just because I say the most qualified person should get the job doesn’t mean I want the other person to suffer.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

And there are people here who may not be here legally, but are working their assess off every single day, contributing to our economy and our communities. The vast majority of them are not lazy people, and are not looking for participation trophies. They are looking for work - hard work.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

And there are people here who may not be here legally, but are working their assess off every single day, contributing to our economy and our communities. The vast majority of them are not lazy people, and are not looking for participation trophies. They are looking for work - hard work.

I have never, not once, said that anyone is lazy.

You need to just stop your sentence at "may not be here legally". I honestly don't care how hard working they may be.

They are not here, LEGALLY.

Goodbye to them.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hehehe... no... she was retaliating. You guys think the rules don't apply to you... just like your dear leader. # will hit the fan soon... try not to get any on ya!

He is your dear leader too, or did you not get the memo? You see that is the problem in all this, even before Trump took office he was never, can never be the President to so many on the left.

Get a clue and be an American for once...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

America's working poor don't want to do the jobs immigrants do. entitlement?

They don't want to do it for slave wages.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think the best qualified person who is legally qualified should get the job, I don't think race should play any role whatsoever.

If the best qualified is the white person, why do you not want black people to get jobs? Do you want black people to suffer in poverty while white people get the jobs?

If the best qualified is the black person, why do you not want white people to get jobs? Do you want white people to suffer in poverty while black people get the jobs?

I can ask you those questions, because they are the same kind of questions you were asking me. You know damn well that just because I say the most qualified person should get the job doesn’t mean I want the other person to suffer.

They are both Americans. I am not for importing white people to take the job over a black person. That's your stance, not mine. I do not want anyone to get the job over someone else, you do, that is the difference, you WANT the job to go to the immigrant. I have no preference as long as the person is here legally. It is just a fact that the group most directly impacted happens to be minorities, but I included all working poor in my argument.
edit on 25-6-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Like I said, you don’t care about them. Just be honest and admit it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I think the best person should get the job. I don’t think, like you do, that the American should get the job even if they aren’t qualified for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That's you. You want them to not work so an illegal immigrant can have their job and have their opportunity, you literally said it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

you cool about enforcing the laws regarding hiring illegal immigrants?

Yes. If any of Trumps subcontractors are guilty of this, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Fred..

link   

I think the best person should get the job. I don’t think, like you do, that the American should get the job even if they aren’t qualified for it.

Why do you think people are too stupid to be qualified? You actually think there are no poor Americans qualified for this job? They are all too stupid? Why aren't there any qualified Americans?

link   

I literally said the most qualified person should get the job. Literally.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Why do you keep saying stupid stuff that I never said?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I care. I want them to go through the exact same processes that my mother went through to become a citizen.

Again, no participation trophies. Being an American is worth the sacrifices needed to become a citizen.

Prove to us why you want to be a citizen. Then, enjoy your time here in America!

Fred..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I literally said the most qualified person should get the job. Literally.

Who are American Citizens.You conveniently keep leaving that little tidbit out.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

then why aren't you focusing more on the companies that are hiring them? they're criminals, too.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Britain isn’t a third world country. People from more prosperous countries aren’t suffering from the same issues that people from third world countries are having to endure.

Your hard-line approach to this is unfeeling and sad.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

confusing restaurants with the same name.

un-af-...what-the-fck?
Wait. This is about red-staurants?

But...but.. but... what about Hen_ary?

#CluckHerUp

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

America's working poor don't want to do the jobs immigrants do. entitlement?

Yep, pretty much.

The 52-year-old owns 500 acres of wine grapes in Lodi, near Stockton. He tends another 10,000 or so acres of vineyards that belong to several clients across Northern California.

Being the boss used to be fun for Goehring, but his labor problems are wearying.

In the last five years, he has advertised in local newspapers and accepted more than a dozen unemployed applicants from the state’s job agency. Even when the average rate on his fields was $20 an hour, the U.S.-born workers lost interest, fast.

“We’ve never had one come back after lunch,” he says.

www.latimes.com...

Apparently, the American workers want the $20 an hour, but aren’t crazy about working so hard for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join