It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Probes Users’ Relationship With Pro-Trump Duo Diamond And Silk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wonder if this will be a new trend.... if you like a page or article, you will be identified.... As Facebook is sending this to users, it is apparent that someone at facebook wants to know more about those who liked a page they don't agree with. I know quite a few people who are deleting their online profiles in fear of retaliation for their views on certain politicized topics.

What do you think, Is this a "statement" announcing "we know who you are, now tell us why you are associated with them".

Now, I have never seen one of these surveys though I am not a big Facebook user. Is this normal?

www.theamericanmirror.com...-32659

Facebook just won’t leave Diamond and Silk alone.

First, the social platform accused the pro-Trump duo earlier this year of being “unsafe to the community.”

Now, Facebook is sending surveys to users, probing their relationship to the ladies.

Diamond and Silk posted the survey on Twitter Saturday night.

“Why are you asking these survey questions to people that Liked and Followed our page. Diamond and Silk are a brand page not a profile page,” she said. “Please correct your mishap ASAP.”

Earlier this year, Facebook apologized after Diamond and Silk received a message from the social giant, deeming them “unsafe to the community.”

edit on 24-6-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

We already know Facebook is labeling us. If you check your Facebook, you will find they have assigned you a political affiliation. How they base that has to be from your internet history as I have never liked or commented on any political issue on Facebook. (And a vast % of my friends are Liberal so it is not associations.)

www.nytimes.com...

You may think you are discreet about your political views. But Facebook, the world’s largest social media network, has come up with its own determination of your political leanings, based on your activity on the site.

And now, it is easy to find out how Facebook has categorized you — as very liberal or very conservative, or somewhere in between.

Try this (it works best on your desktop computer):

Go to facebook.com/ads/preferences on your browser. (You may have to log in to Facebook first.)

That will bring you to a page with your ad preferences. Under the “Interests” header, click the “Lifestyle and Culture” tab.

Then look for a box titled “US Politics.” In parentheses, it will describe how Facebook has categorized you, such as liberal, moderate or conservative.

(If the “US Politics” box does not show up, click the “See more” button under the grid of boxes.)

Facebook makes a deduction about your political views based on the pages that you like — or on your political preference, if you stated one, on your profile page. If you like the page for Hillary Clinton, Facebook might categorize you as a liberal.

Even if you do not like any candidates’ pages, if most of the people who like the same pages that you do — such as Ben and Jerry’s ice cream — identify as liberal, then Facebook might classify you as one, too.

edit on 24-6-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Im concerned from the perspective that its very obvious those behind the most seen media sources have a different agenda than at least 50% of the population.

Through web posting (even on sites like this) Im fairly sure the primary monied controllers are gathering data that will be construed however they wish to paint anyone who disagrees with them and their agenda with an international in reach Scarlet Letter.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious obvious conservatives are under attack from this minority group. They seem like the majority because they are the most vocal.

Let the culture wars proceed.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Facebook is doing essentially what Twitter's been doing for a while now, the only difference is they're trying to gather a bit more info in the process.

Twitter now has an algorithm that will selectively shadowban people based solely on the accounts they follow.

You don't have to say a word. And they don't either.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It comes from all sides.

It is a little known fact that facebook is how djt upset the polls and the dems with a come from nowhere win.

Many tried to blame russians but it was the use of disappearing targeted facebook ads.

100 million dollar facebook election win by an unknown website creator that originally quoted the campaign a estimate of 1500 for a website.

Admittedly facebook employees showed up to work at the campaign.

More created controversy.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yet another reason I am so happy that I havent used facebook in almost a decade.......

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So if I like Tractor Supply and Chick-Fil-A they will label me as a right wing fanatic.

But if I like Barns and Noble and Ben and Jerry's I will be an acceptable progressive liberal...

Got it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Has nobody heard of Lifelog? The darpa/pentagon data collection program that was shut down?

Farcebook was opened the same day.

It's fake as hell.

Zuckerberg probably isn't even his real name.

Dudes a narc.

Mark the narc.

Leader of the facial recognition police state.

He will peobably get brain cancer for knowingly f'n everyone over.

Hurry up, send your nudes in just in case.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
It comes from all sides.

It is a little known fact that facebook is how djt upset the polls and the dems with a come from nowhere win.

Many tried to blame russians but it was the use of disappearing targeted facebook ads.

100 million dollar facebook election win by an unknown website creator that originally quoted the campaign a estimate of 1500 for a website.

Admittedly facebook employees showed up to work at the campaign.

More created controversy.

Really?

Well, let me be the first to give Facebook my eternal and undying love for all their help getting DJT elected, and helping us dodge the HRC bullet.

I hope we can continue to expect their support in the coming months and years.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Someone needs to write a program that allows the functionality of picture sharing and messaging on your own computer, like a p2p setup.

We could wipe out these moron data collection scams overnight.

Shared passwords would keep your stuff private except for friends.

We don't need these fake hosers like Zuckerturd middlemanning all our communications.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Fix spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

www.cnbc.com...

They try to keep it quite for a repeat.

Many can see that there has been a missing link as to the method that swayed the votes.

The fact that no other means have been found and this guy admits he sent out targeted ads specifically designed according to users personalities all within days and hour of the voting and the beauty is that there is no data base of the ads.

According to facebook the ads delete after reading them and in the future they will keep a copy.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am finding myself skipping over posts by people who are too lazy to type out a conjunction of words and skim over it with an abbreviation. Lazy fingers. GFYINYLFAWAB. ISLFWIPP.
edit on 24-6-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't blame facebook. Not really.

With the strife in our society right now for anyone who values information or studies american society, our country is very interesting.

The internet gives a unique tool to study these things. Facebook is studying us and frankly if I had the means I would be too.

I find it all very fascinating.

And yes facebook is using the information they can to make money. How very capitalist of them. Maybe the real conversation we should be having about how capitalism can be corrupted?
Because facebook is not the only company getting and using our data.

But I don't think the people on this website are ready for a real conversation about capitalism. It will just hurt your feelings. And make you say I am unamerican. 8/

We choose to join facebook. And we volitarily and excitedly posted our private information to their site.

You can only blame yourselves.
edit on 24-6-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"I don't think they thought that would ever happen. I would say the number one thing people come up to me (and say) is … 'I just never thought Republicans would be the ones to figure out how to use all of this.' And I think we used it better than anyone ever had in history."

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't understand what the controversy is all about...

Trump has ATS

and the kids have facebook

both corporations making Money the American way!! MAGA MAGA

It's called capitalism...you got a problem with that?
edit on 24-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

now tell us why you are associated with them

We voluntarily give that information. No one is forcing you.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Someone needs to write a program that allows the functionality of picture sharing and messaging on your own computer, like a p2p setup.

We could wipe out these moron data collection scams overnight.

Shared passwords would keep your stuff private accept for friends.

We don't need these fake hosers like Zuckerturd middlemanning all our communications.

like a "Bit-Book"????

be tough without centralization but a cool idea

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Like them both.

Make facebook work for it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

IF Congress had any balls they would drag Zuckerburghs ass back in front of them and bury his ass along with his anti free speech company!

The little robotic cuck already got caught lying to them the last time.

Guess it's official! Farcebook is RACIST.

edit on 24-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Has nobody heard of Lifelog? The darpa/pentagon data collection program that was shut down?

Wasn't shut down. Now fully operational at a HUGE new data center that was built specifically for that purpose.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join