It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chevrolet brings the Blazer back to the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I admit I almost never check into this subforum, but I thought I would today. I am surprised nobody has mentioned this.

It seems this week's breaking automotive news is that Chevy is bringing the Blazer back. Albeit as an odd-looking beast, looking to me like somewhat of a cross between a Camaro, a Mazda sedan, and a Ford Explorer.

I have only skimmed a few of the hundreds of news articles that are out there about this topic, but one nagging question remains in my mind:

The Tahoe was the replacement for the Blazer back 20 or so years ago. Is the new Blazer replacing the Tahoe? I would think so, but strangely I haven't seen any journalist mention that.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

I've been hearing this for like 15 years now, I'll believe it when I see one sitting at a dealership.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Looks like this. It is supposed to be a 2019.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It was mentioned in another thread, but wasn't the topic of it. It was brought up as the CEO announced the factory will be built in Mexico and then the Blazers will be imported to the USA.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looks nothing like a Blazer... just another food processor SUV looking thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's happening. Early 2019 Release.

I sell Chevy's and we found out a little while ago, but mum was the word.

I like it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

It was mentioned in another thread, but wasn't the topic of it. It was brought up as the CEO announced the factory will be built in Mexico and then the Blazers will be imported to the USA.

Made in Mexico...MAGA, MAGA

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I think it does. Are you comparing it to the older models or the last time it was revived?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Who designed this thing? Wing Wong Ching Chong?

The Lexus style grill is a deal breaker. Why in the heck would they kill their "look" like that?

It's rear is a Compass and front is a Lexus/Mazda

They could easily base it off their 1500/2500 truck grill and chassis and have an awesome ride.

Chevy, if you are listening, don't do it, and quit playing the chineese race to the weirdest design possible.
please.

I rate it as...

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump is trying to keep jobs here, and you cheer when they leave. Kind of disgusting.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Should always be compared to the originals!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Trump is trying to keep jobs here, and you cheer when they leave. Kind of disgusting.

And yet Trump and Ivanka have their products manufactured over seas as well...Kind of disgusting!

www.refinery29.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...

btw, I have a small mfg. LLC and all my products are made in the USA and I could easily have them mfg. in Mexico. I actually support MADE In America.
edit on 24-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Maybe you could share your politics in a thread labeled politics?

Sorry, that was meant for occam whatever.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Addd 2

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Looks like a cross between a Dodge Charger, and an Explorer. I wish they would do something similar to a K-5.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: darkwingduck

Yes exactly, bring back that 2 door fullsize.
That was a sweet truck.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: darkwingduck

Yes exactly, bring back that 2 door fullsize.
That was a sweet truck.

Ford is bring back a new Bronco as well. Keeping with the classic Ford styling instead of mimicking the Mazda like GM.

www.hagerty.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Nope. The K5 of the late 70's, early 80's was the "Blazer". Best body style ever with a 350.

And yes, that is a waaaaay opinionated statement
But true!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
It's happening. Early 2019 Release.

I sell Chevy's and we found out a little while ago, but mum was the word.

I like it.

So this is the Blazer or Trail Blazer ?? Isn't there both types? me and my ex-gf had to live out of a 2008 TrailBlazer back in 2015, it defintely gave us a great peace of mind and able to sleep fully in the back.

After talking with a Chevy dealer .. I had ask him if they had any Trail Blazers on hand and he grined and said.. NOPE .. hard to find these days and if you do .. they're still a good buy because they came stock with a truck chassis not a car chassis that all the AWD's now come with, except for the Tahoes..

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Bah I’ll get excited if Ford wises up and releases that badass Bronco concept car they did a while back, I love 1st Gen Broncos (My dad has a ‘69 that’s awesome. The concept was evoking the 1st Gen Broncos. goo.gl...
If your going to do a Blazer at least make it a reimagined ‘60s K5 Blazer.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Who designed this thing? Wing Wong Ching Chong?

The Lexus style grill is a deal breaker. Why in the heck would they kill their "look" like that?

It's rear is a Compass and front is a Lexus/Mazda

They could easily base it off their 1500/2500 truck grill and chassis and have an awesome ride.

Chevy, if you are listening, don't do it, and quit playing the chineese race to the weirdest design possible.
please.

I rate it as...

I hate the hourglass grill trend Japan has been putting out, they ruin some otherwise good looking rides.
Pretty much what I was suggesting with going off the OG K5 Blazers...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join