It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why SITSA Act Will Actually Move the Needle Backward on the Opioid Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
www.inverse.com...

The bill in question is H.R.2851, the Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic Analogues Act, or the SITSA Act. This bill’s supporters say it will address the wide variety of new and powerful varieties of fentanyl, drugs that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have blamed for much of the recent rise in opioid overdose deaths. Showing up in heroin, bootleg Xanax, and even coc aine, fentanyl and potent variations of it are extremely dangerous for people who don’t know what they’re taking.

More unconstitutional power grabs from our over lords.

When will we have enough of the solutions that enslave us?

According to the foundation in order to make something illegal we would have to amend the constitution and unless we stand and say no they will take more and more power as long as we are willing to hand it over to them.

edit on 24-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
But PUBLIC SAFETY !!!

💥🎃💥

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They want to create a new schedule class of drugs and give themselves the ability to put drugs into that class within 30 days.

It is called schedule A.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

We should just be locking all these addicts up.

They are ruining our society.

Damn pill heads.

Sorry I thought this was going to be a thread about coddling prescription opioid addicts.

And I forgot to add that I am just pointing out the fact that some people are treated differently in our society than others. An addict is an addict no mater what drug they crave. They should all be treated the same.
Like human beings.

edit on 24-6-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

We should just be locking all these addicts up.

They are ruining our society.

Damn pill heads.

lol

that will show them

put them in a corporation cage and supply them with butt dope

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

seriously though just legalize the stuff on a federal level

did you know that the addiction rates are the same as before we had a police state?

i say make em grow their own

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

i say make em grow their own

That would be to much freedom for americans to handle.

Thank goodness our current government is keeping the status quo going strong on this issue.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

lol

going from an addict to a farmer would be a good choice

there is a sense of pride and accomplishment in creating something that once had control over you

kinda like the studies where they give rats coke

when the rats were kept in poor conditions and givin minimum amount of food they would go for the coke more often but when they were givin high class accommodations they would not take the coke

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just for snips and giggles...

Look at Opium production in Afghanistan in 2001 before "The War™" and what it is now. When 'The Taliban™' ran things they produced 7% now it is close to 93%. Why was Afghanistan invaded again and why are We still there?

---

Next, look at the proliferation of "Private Prisons and Jails" and see if there are more/less laws.

Added credit for finding how many politicians/judges You can find with their personal finances tied-in with the aforementioned.

----

My Personal Opinion-

This is a $$$ grab. The first 'War on Drugs™' was to get black/others into the system when they put them in PRISON, when those in the suburbs got PROBATION for using the same drug. The Urbans 'rocked it up' and made 3X the $$.

The opiates is to get the users/abusers assets, through Court Costs/Probation costs/rehab costs/Court costs/Probation (double secret this time) rehab costs and then either PRISON/DEATH. Death usually comes AFTER You go broke.

* I mention this as a medically retired cop who now uses opiates for a broken back/neck. I have been on the same dose as when I started 15 years ago, but I also use Cannabis..

Proud Member of LEAP•Law Enforcement Action Partnership

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Starts at home. You can't always blame someone else, though many do. Nobody goes into opiates blind, they know the consequence of addiction and accept it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

war on drugs is a war on the people

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Starts at home. You can't always blame someone else, though many do. Nobody goes into opiates blind, they know the consequence of addiction and accept it.

that is pretty ignorant comment

many blind people take pills

a time of pain is no time to be responsible for rational decision making

doctors writing scripts is the leeding cause

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Plotus

that is pretty ignorant comment

many blind people take pills

a time of pain is no time to be responsible for rational decision making

doctors writing scripts is the leeding cause

Think what you want. I have arthritis so severe in my hips that on one side it's bone on bone, and has worn the socket oblong. The other side, only slightly less. I am in a 3-4 pain level at rest, and if I become active for any length of time, it becomes an 8-9 level. I manage it with Tylenol, as thousands and thousands of others do.

No excuse is to extreme to facilitate continuing opiates.

I would question your word comprehension skills, but I don't name call.

"many blind people take pills"

Feel free to defend opiates all you wish.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

you are being non nonsensical

i too have pain and take no pills

i could not really discern your point though

a few yrs back my leg was removed from socket and hanging on by the skin

are we in a pissing contest here?

so are you for or against unconstitutional power grabs on behalf of the nwo?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Would You take a medication "forever" if it were Diabetes? (I predict that Alzheimer's will be classified as Diabetes III before I'm done w/this skin suit..)

"Quality of Life" also comes into play. W/out meds. I can writhe about on the floor. W/meds. I can actually go to the dog park, exercise, do Yoga keep MySelf in shape.

I recently was shopping at the local Publix™ As I turned the corner to head to the checkout counter, an elderly man had dropped some paperwork and He was obviously in a lot of pain. I gathered His paperwork and handed Him the papers. I said "Yikes, You look like You're hurting??.." He said "I'm 93 and My back hurts so bad. My Dr. wanted to give Me "painkillers" but I don't want to become addicted, I've seen the news..."

93 and worried about getting addicted...

new topics

top topics

join