It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: T-Mobile sidekicks can be hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Over the weekend a website posted a great deal of information off of Paris Hilton's personal T-Mobile sidekick after hacking it to obtain the data. No information is stated as to how it was hacked but theft of the unit itself is not mentioned so it is definitely possible that it was hacked through a method that would be of great concern to businesses that might use the device. The result of this hack, the personal phone numbers for Lindsay Lohan, Vin Diesel, Eminem and others were posted on the internet. A series of personal notes made by Hilton were also posted.

It is not mentioned in the article but it could possibly be related to another story earlier this month when a hacker pled guilty to hacking into T-Mobile's computer system and stealing social security numbers and passwords for their customers. He used the information to monitor the e-mail of an FBI agent as well as posting candid photos of celebrities on the internet. I have added a link at the bottom for that story.

www.drudgereport.com
Private telephone numbers of celebrities have been unleashed on the Internet after an apparent hacking into Paris Hilton's T-MOBILE SIDEKICK Address Book, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The FBI has opened an investigation into the hack, a government source said.

The DRUDGE REPORT has confirmed the authenticity of many of the unlisted and super-secret numbers: Private phone numbers and email addresses of Eminem, Lindsay Lohan, Christina Aguilera, Andy Roddick, Ashlee Simpson, Victoria Gotti, Vin Diesel, Anna Kournikova and many others!

One top star reached Sunday morning expressed total outrage at Paris.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is definitely troubling. I don’t' know how many people in business use this device but it certainly sounds like security could be an issue. Just think of if a CEO had his sidekick hacked and posted on the internet. The other story speaks of an FBI agent that was hacked and information about a case posted so this already has done damage and could definitely do more. I also feel somewhat bad for the people involved whose private phone numbers are now floating around the internet. They are stars but they definitely deserve some degree of privacy. However, the real issue here to me is if it happened to Paris Hilton, who else could it happen to? Final word, if you have a sidekick you might not want to put information on it you don't want the rest of the world to know.

Related News Links:
www.theregister.co.uk
www.securityfocus.com

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Does anybody have an idea what the website is that posted all of this is? I've searched but 90% percent of the results are for her sex tape.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
www.geenstijl.nl...

All of her contacts and stuff.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow, this is pretty big. If this information is true, I expect a lot will come from this. A major US celebrity's ENTIRE contact list posted for all to see? Ha! How funny is it that all these celebs that are pocketing millions by selling this mobile-java-crap to their unsuspecting fans are the victim of it!

Newsflash people: Everything that is java-enabled is easily hackable. Do not follow the techno-siren-song or you will be beached on the rocks of badly conceived products.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rarr
www.geenstijl.nl...

All of her contacts and stuff.

That's so cool.

I can't imagine how many calls Christina Aguilera has gotten.

new topics

top topics

join