It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats ignoring Black Americans and using them for votes... yet again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Greven

for more perspective....

History of Republican Party

It emerged in 1854 to combat the Kansas–Nebraska Act, an act that dissolved the terms of the Missouri Compromise and allowed slave or free status to be decided in the territories by popular sovereignty.

With its election of Abraham Lincoln in 1860 and its success in guiding the Union to victory in the American Civil War and abolishing slavery, the party came to dominate the national political scene until 1932. The Republican Party was based on Northern white Protestants, businessmen, small business owners, professionals, factory workers, farmers and African Americans. It was pro-business, supporting banks, the gold standard, railroads and high tariffs to protect factory workers and grow industry faster. Under William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt, it emphasized an expansive foreign policy.

Looks like the Republicans and conservatives are responsible for both the freedom that black people experience and were well... very conscious of why we are what we are and wanted to protect it until the Democrat corporatist co-opt the party with the likes of the Bushes among others and turned it into another right wing corporatism party

can you specifically point out what it is about conservatism that's anti black?

Why do you guys always bring up the past of the Republican party? Sure they were good guys back then but they are in no way the same party today.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The GOP gets the majority of big pharma money. Look it up.

They get like 60% of the big pharma money and like 90% of the private prison money..

Those are easily checked facts..

That is part of the reason that I say rightwing propaganda, is propaganda for stupid people..

Look up ANY big corporation profiting off raping and pillaging the population and they donate more to republicans than anyone else.

All of those records are public information due to election laws.

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY...

The unions make up the largest part of the democrats donations and the big corporations make up the largest part of the gop’s Donations..

Why do you think it is the gop who wants to deregulate big buisness and lower corporate taxes??

Because they have been in their back pockets for a couple generations.

I really feel like all of that is “duh” information. Lol

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Propaganda for stupid people..

The southern democrats were the right wing back then..

And Lincoln was a liberal...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Greven

have you never heard of Jim Crowe?

you're perspective is based on lies and delusion not reality

Do you think that the South just magically switched their vote to Republicans starting in 1964?

The democratic party left us not the other way around. I left when i realized it was race baiting and not race relations. At least I realized the Libertarians sounded like a reasonable alternative but not many realize the D's were poison back then. Well, that has changed. I was no racist but the ones in there were practicing the soft kind whereby they feel sorry for people because they are so black. That is racist but they point at folks wanting morals and values and claim they are the "Nazi's"?

Well, that dog won't hunt anymore.
edit on 24-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Because the statistics are specifically propagandized to make a racist point..

They don’t factor in economic status before tabulating the final number..,

Only count people below the poverty line then do that study. I bet those numbers even right out...

But even if not. How do you factor out the countless psychological factors that even the best case scenario can’t factor out..

Most judges and juries are white. People inherently empathize more with people who look like they do. When faced with a white suspect a white judge/jury is inherently going to be prone to think “this could be my son..”

But with a black suspect only the black people will have that primal reaction.

I cannot find the article again built I think it was like 1975 before a black man was found innocent of the murder/rape of a white person in the south..

Even if the guy was innocent. They thought finding him innocent would set an example for other black rapists.. if this guy got off, maybe they could too.

It is disgusting and historically it was yesterday.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

www.opensecrets.org...

check that before trusting that post

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

oh look a lefty pushing the racism narrative, color me surprised

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Also, umm, the black community self segregates and probably has no idea what a Republican or conservative is like at all

No. Just stop insering opinion as fact! Theres no truth to what you said either.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Democrats used to run Blacks out of restaurants. Here's a classic photo of their party in action.
twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

A black person sitting in jail, or charged with a drug crime, will Never be able to contribute a VOTE to the Democratic party, so, they actually serve their purpose just fine by rotting in prison, their family ripped apart, children in a state home, etc...

...the immigrants however, and their children, have a chance at citizenship, which means they can vote.

You see them out in public terrorizing people for these illegal immigrants, but they won't lift a finger for a useless non-voter.

Of course, it's a good thing the illegals are not citizens yet, because if they were, and treated their child's life with such disregard, they would have their children taken away and be charged with a serious crime and be unable to vote.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The promise of fundamental change was fundamentally wrong as it wanted more gov and less freedoms with less jobs and bad crime being the byproduct of massive invasion of illegal immigrants from more than just Central America. Buddying up to the Muslim Brotherhood was a sure sign of trouble for the citizens of the moderate Muslim nations like Egypt and Syria.

The only changes we need would be to return to following the Constitution and laws legally passed by a fair process that allows for review of said laws for fairness. The citizens want jobs and some sense that our nation is not being overrun by those who would destroy us. If we can't have those two things, our politicians will feel the pain as the RINO's are having in primaries!

Here is the 1st official loss for the RINO's, IMO.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The RINO's are also retiring. Sen Corker of TN was booed at the last DJT rally in Nashville those clips. He has to go or get booted bad it seems if that boo was mostly people from TN, IDK. Some of the more bitter RINO's who have helped the progressives are hanging on till death and I wouldn't be surprised to find that the R states rig it for their RINO and the D states rig it for their Prog. That kicks the can further down the road if they can do that.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This could easily read Republicans ignoring rural and blue collar workers for votes, yet again. The really sad part of our modern de facto two party system is that neither Democrats or Republicans represent regular joes, people like you and me. They offer ample lip service, but the truth lies with their actions. Unfortunately, too many supporters prefer to wear blinders than face the truth and hold representatives accountable. That's why the parties get away with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

What has happened to ATS? This is sick stuff. I used to love this website and have been here for close to twenty years. Now it's taken over by fascists, bigots, and who knows what else. I can't understand why.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join