It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats ignoring Black Americans and using them for votes... yet again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Is that another assumption?

Weren't most of the black civil rights activist throughout American history conservative Christians?

Also, umm, the black community self segregates and probably has no idea what a Republican or conservative is like at all

just saying

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: ClovenSky

That would probably show an equal division of black offenders and white offenders, correct?

how can you make that assertion though? does that mean you think it's more likely that investigator's investigate black crimes more nationwide??

I think what the previous poster was referring to was that total number of homicide crimes that have been solved is only about 1/3rd of the total. Then they are possible trying to infer from those statistics that with 2/3rds of the crimes not being complete solved that all crime statistics are bunk. Which is one wild link to make.

Instead the statistics they provided actually prove your assertions to be correct and their theory to be nuked from orbit.

So they are freely admitting that known murder statistics are about half and half. Now consider that whites comprise about 72% of the population where blacks comprise about 12% of the population. So that would support your original theory.

If you wanted to go down the rabbit hole a little further lets think on the 2/3rds unknown stats. Which racial perpetrator would you suspect to have their crime never prosecuted? What racial type would be the most likely to be convicted. Say for example, a murder in the hood versus someplace else with a little more structure. When you consider what types of murders go unsolved versus those that are, that will throw the stats into an even more damning picture.

Oh, I forgot this... you are missing something: these are clearance rates - not convictions.

These are rates for which a crime has been 'solved' - a suspect has been charged, or the suspect is dead.

People charged with murder are convicted about 70% of the time.

The world is more nuanced than some would like to believe.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Is that another assumption?

Weren't most of the black civil rights activist throughout American history conservative Christians?

Also, umm, the black community self segregates and probably has no idea what a Republican or conservative is like at all

just saying

It's more grounded in reality than your assertion that blacks in general commit more crimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

for more perspective....

History of Republican Party

It emerged in 1854 to combat the Kansas–Nebraska Act, an act that dissolved the terms of the Missouri Compromise and allowed slave or free status to be decided in the territories by popular sovereignty.

With its election of Abraham Lincoln in 1860 and its success in guiding the Union to victory in the American Civil War and abolishing slavery, the party came to dominate the national political scene until 1932. The Republican Party was based on Northern white Protestants, businessmen, small business owners, professionals, factory workers, farmers and African Americans. It was pro-business, supporting banks, the gold standard, railroads and high tariffs to protect factory workers and grow industry faster. Under William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt, it emphasized an expansive foreign policy.

Looks like the Republicans and conservatives are responsible for both the freedom that black people experience and were well... very conscious of why we are what we are and wanted to protect it until the Democrat corporatist co-opt the party with the likes of the Bushes among others and turned it into another right wing corporatism party

can you specifically point out what it is about conservatism that's anti black?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

it couldn't be more obvious that the truth isn't what you're after

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Did you miss the Civil Rights Era?

Maybe start there and read up on history.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Ah yes, like you who cast broad generalizations and still refuse to admit that you quoted the wrong post in this thread, but sure howdy did you bark about it.
edit on 17Sun, 24 Jun 2018 17:28:14 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The thing I am still trying to figure out is how people think pointing out statics is hateful.

This is the result of feel good thoughts and SJW ideology. You have to THINK good thoughts. You have to SPEAK good words.

When they label you as hateful or racists, simply smile and nod. I wear those badges with honor.

Have I ever discriminated based on sex? NO.
Have I ever discriminated based on race? NO.
Have I ever discriminated based on religion? Maybe.

Claiming racial genetic differences isn't racists, even though they will poison your mind into brainwashing the masses to think so. It is just reality.

Even with an open mind and critical thinking skills I still believe we are all created equal. Where certain members of the human race may have better adaptation to their surroundings through mental facilities, others will have better adaptations to their environment through physical adaptations. But I guess even thinking those thoughts should be prohibited. Recognizing reality is becoming so dangerous anymore. People will try to twist anything you say to suit their own ideologies and justify their own brainwashing. Simply for daring to speak the truth.

We are all born with the same number of attributes. There are just distributed in different ways.

The person who merely mentions the truth in a world of lies.........

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Justoneman

The OP says:

Democrats are taking Black Americans for granted

I point:

And Republicans wonder why they have difficulties getting, usually very religious, black communities to support them.

What 'whataboutism' are you talking about?

You know how you want to say , look what about this instead of admitting Blacks have been hosed and Dem's rule the towns those hosings are going on even today. I know you don't need no stinking facts because they are here now and you poo poo them.

Either there is tyranny for the black community or not?

Either they are ruled by Democrats in those areas or not?

interesting point of view and I've never thought of it like that before

The thing is I am in the community supping with the a multiracial Church because I sing on Sunday's for the Lord. They love my spirit and let me sing in an all men's mostly black choir and other adventures. I see them worrying of their family's drugged lifestyle just like in my own family people are messed up in and it is holding people back. That there were a lack of jobs making it hard to get on your feet the last 16-18 years or so didn't help them with Hispanics undercutting their brick and concrete skills and money's. We all see the people getting hard time for weed then getting exposed to real criminals who fill their head with tales of "glory". I as a Libertarian, am right there with them wanting a change.

They preacher had two grandkids in the NFL and during a sermon was for kneeling for 'unjustices and freedom of speach', but the parrishners were R's and there were absolutely zero "amen brother"s. Blew my away that there was some serious Trump love to go with some of that near hate as that preacher pulled his punches.

This white boy sees it as, they love being good people and representing God and not victimhood. That I believe. But just like the white kids here, the black kids commit crimes. Yet, they don't go on TV here saying he was guilty of being black and I see that we/I have to respect them immensely and thoroughly. They want their kids in Church and thinking good thoughts while doing the right things. How can we be against that?

Since my neighborhood is R and not D's, we just don't have a lot of bad issues that we fail to come together as a community to pray together and eat a meal afterward. If the Senator R's would just vote conservative and not RINO we can make inroads.

But, as long as one or the other party wants to use something for the next election and kick the can down the road that has a fix now, we have a party that is for itself and not the people's will or best interest.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

can you point me to the civil rights era history that proves the Democrat's were the pro minority party and not Christian conservatives please?

I'm being serious, really serious.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Statistics have limitations.

Not all crimes are reported.
Not all crimes reported have suspects identified to be charged.
Not all people charged with a crime are found guilty.
Not all people found guilty are actually guilty.

Some of these are easier to determine than others.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

and this is why I stand behind the assertion that social justice politics is the most dangerous philosophy in world history, it's lead to the slaughter of hundreds of millions

common sense is about following the data and although I'm incredibly bias in a lot of ways and have a big ego I do my best to follow the data

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: seeker1963

Wow! Candace Owens is Wide Awake. She obviously sees right through the left's hypocrisy and fake moral outrage. What did she say at the end? Something like, "time's up!"

"Fake, moral outrage".

I find that extremely offensive.

Fake, what was fake and who did it?

Candace is what the cool kids say is 'woke.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

can you point me to the civil rights era history that proves the Democrat's were the pro minority party and not Christian conservatives please?

I'm being serious, really serious.

I'll let you fill in how they vote nowadays.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I agree, a return to the truly conservative values would actually have our country looking more like a constitutional republic than what we have now which is a corporate oligarchy.

It's not a surprise to me that Christian conservative black people are pro Trump I know a few as well and they are not pro trump because they think he's perfect they are pro Trump because he prays and is pro Christian and after Obama crapped on them for 8 years they are just happy to see what they see as a man who prays back in office

that's what i can see from an anecdotal perspective

I like Trump because the media hates him and to me that's a good sign

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

have you never heard of Jim Crowe?

you're perspective is based on lies and delusion not reality

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: seeker1963

Wow! Candace Owens is Wide Awake. She obviously sees right through the left's hypocrisy and fake moral outrage. What did she say at the end? Something like, "time's up!"

"Fake, moral outrage".

I find that extremely offensive.

Fake, what was fake and who did it?

Candace is what the cool kids say is 'woke.

The "real racists" come out of the wood work when the black people try to leave the Democratic plantation!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

have you never heard of Jim Crowe?

you're perspective is based on lies and delusion not reality

Do you think that the South just magically switched their vote to Republicans starting in 1964?

edit on 17Sun, 24 Jun 2018 17:46:16 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Sure, The Democrats exploit all groups.. the Republicans Exploit all groups ALL POLITICIANS AND PEOPLE IN PERCIEVED HIERARCHAL POWER EXPLOIT GROUPS

The rightists and their "Moral high ground" is as laughable as the leftists
edit on 24-6-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Maybe they vote for the lesser of two evils. After all the Republican party and it's voters are constantly vilifying minorities as the reason for the problems of America.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join