It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats ignoring Black Americans and using them for votes... yet again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

So what exactly is it that you are suggesting with your shadow stats perspective on crime statistics you haven't actually clearly state what it is you have only provided a statistic not a perspective.

What is it you are saying?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: toysforadults

I'm sorry you are delusional

You don't understand the statistics involved.

You saw crime rate charts, and failed to understand the gigantic margin of error in the fact that crimes mostly go uncleared.

Total victims: 6676
Total white offender: 3196
Total black offender: 3156

17250 - 6676 = 10574 or more offenders of race ????

That is very interesting. So we have about 1/3rd of the crimes well documented. I wonder if we could extrapolate those stats that are known to the total number of 17250. That would probably show an equal division of black offenders and white offenders, correct?

Final question. What is the percentage of whites vs blacks in the USA?

Do you see any issues here?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

That would probably show an equal division of black offenders and white offenders, correct?

how can you make that assertion though? does that mean you think it's more likely that investigator's investigate black crimes more nationwide??

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
I thought it was obvious given what I've presented.

Given that the number of unknown offenders in the available data is nearly twice as high as the number of known offenders for murder, you cannot conclude that blacks have a higher rate of criminal offense.

You can't even say blacks commit the majority of murders because, of the known data, whites are the majority of offenders.

Further, given that men outnumber women by almost 10 to 1, there is a far greater difference between gender than race.

At best, you can say black men commit crimes at higher rates than white men, but you cannot generalize that to blacks (men AND women).
edit on 16Sun, 24 Jun 2018 16:41:10 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Crime trends Some studies have argued for smaller racial disparities in violent crime in recent times. However, a study of government data from 1980–2008 found that the reduction in Black violent crime relative to White violent crime was an artifact of those previous studies, which was due to Hispanic offenders being counted as White in the comparison. The Hispanic population has been increasing rapidly and Hispanics have violence rates higher than that of Whites but lower than that of Blacks.[32]

Homicide According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of African Americans victims were killed by African Americans.[48][49][50]

In 2013, number and percentage of murder arrests by race were:
Black or African Americans 4,379 = 51.3%
White Americans (non-Hispanic Americans) 2,861 = 33.5%
Hispanic Americans 1,096 = 12.8%
American Indians or Alaska Natives 98 = 1.14%
Asian Americans 101 = 1.18%[51][52]

Inversely, the percentage of individuals in each racial demographic arrested for murder in 2013 (with 2016 population estimates) was:
0.0102% of Black or African American population (4,379/42,975,959)
0.0023% of American Indian or Alaska Native population (98/4,200,658)
0.0019% Hispanic American population (1,096/57,516,697)
0.0014% of White American (3,799/198,077,165)
0.001% of Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander population (6/646,255)
0.0005% of Asian American population (101/18,418,268)[51][53]

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You can't even say blacks commit the majority of murders because, of the known data, whites are the majority of offenders.

what numbers state that?

At best, you can say black men commit crimes at higher rates than white men, but you cannot generalize that to blacks (men AND women).

from what we currently know black men commit 50% of the crime in the US. you are speculating. I'm not

are you really surprised by this? all the worst places to live in this country are black ghetto's, if they stop joining gangs and killing each other then they won't be in jail and maybe people will invest more into the communities

just how it works

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That would probably show an equal division of black offenders and white offenders, correct?

how can you make that assertion though? does that mean you think it's more likely that investigator's investigate black crimes more nationwide??

I think what the previous poster was referring to was that total number of homicide crimes that have been solved is only about 1/3rd of the total. Then they are possible trying to infer from those statistics that with 2/3rds of the crimes not being complete solved that all crime statistics are bunk. Which is one wild link to make.

Instead the statistics they provided actually prove your assertions to be correct and their theory to be nuked from orbit.

So they are freely admitting that known murder statistics are about half and half. Now consider that whites comprise about 72% of the population where blacks comprise about 12% of the population. So that would support your original theory.

If you wanted to go down the rabbit hole a little further lets think on the 2/3rds unknown stats. Which racial perpetrator would you suspect to have their crime never prosecuted? What racial type would be the most likely to be convicted. Say for example, a murder in the hood versus someplace else with a little more structure. When you consider what types of murders go unsolved versus those that are, that will throw the stats into an even more damning picture.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

The OP says:

Democrats are taking Black Americans for granted

I point:

And Republicans wonder why they have difficulties getting, usually very religious, black communities to support them.

What 'whataboutism' are you talking about?

You know how you want to say , look what about this instead of admitting Blacks have been hosed and Dem's rule the towns those hosings are going on even today. I know you don't need no stinking facts because they are here now and you poo poo them.

Either there is tyranny for the black community or not?

Either they are ruled by Democrats in those areas or not?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well I have lived in the hood and rich communities before and in rich communities or the suburbs they are more likely to find the perp because they have more resources to devote to it.

But yes I get what's being assert now thank you for finally clearing that up and I totally agree with your assessment.

Also, for more perspective i would say we could get a more accurate picture if we look at the victims of the crimes being that most crimes non gang related are commit by someone of the same race typically by someone they know

knowing that we could probably get a better idea but I think we would come to the same conclusion you have and I have

I have lived in very very bad black neighborhoods in a few places in different states and I kind of know what's going on

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

The OP says:

I point:

And Republicans wonder why they have difficulties getting, usually very religious, black communities to support them.

You know how you want to say , look what about this instead of admitting Blacks have been hosed and Dem's rule the towns those hosings are going on even today. I know you don't need no stinking facts because they are here now and you poo poo them.

interesting point of view and I've never thought of it like that before

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JBurns

If politicians actually solved the problems facing the black community then what else would they run on for their next election?

Russian Collusion, oh wait! That is not going well either.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I'm sorry you are delusional

You don't understand the statistics involved.

You saw crime rate charts, and failed to understand the gigantic margin of error in the fact that crimes mostly go uncleared.

Total victims: 6676
Total white offender: 3196
Total black offender: 3156

17250 - 6676 = 10574 or more offenders of race ????

That is very interesting. So we have about 1/3rd of the crimes well documented. I wonder if we could extrapolate those stats that are known to the total number of 17250. That would probably show an equal division of black offenders and white offenders, correct?

Final question. What is the percentage of whites vs blacks in the USA?

Do you see any issues here?

There are about 1/3rd of murders that are well documented. It's way worse for other crimes. Murder is documented more than assault, assault is documented more than rape, rape is documented more than robbery, and property crimes have woefully poor clearance rates.

Offender and victim data is reported by departments, and who knows what sort of controls those have. I don't even know if it's compulsory. Hell, police killings of citizens (justified or not) weren't documented much at all until the last few years.

Extrapolating spotty data with many unknowns would be difficult. At best, we might exploit the fact that most murders are intraracial - most black victims are killed by black offenders, most white victims are killed by white victims, and so on. If we take what we know there and apply it to the number of known victims, maybe it could be extrapolated somewhat - but it's problematic.

I mean, look at that Golden State serial killer, who murdered and raped for years. At least 12 murders, 45 rapes, 120 burglaries... and he got away with it for 40 years.

There could be one offender to multiple victims, like this guy, or multiple offenders to one victim.

Population estimates are, around 2016, 13.4% black and 76.6% white. This perhaps sounds good for extrapolation. However, remember that very few women are murderers based on the same FBI statistics.

Population estimates for 2016 by sex are 49.2% male. What we have from the FBI statistics are males identified as an offender in cleared murders at a rate about 900% higher than females.

This is the problem with saying 'black' vs 'white' - it's not 'black' vs 'white' but 'black men' vs 'white men.'

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: seeker1963

Wow! Candace Owens is Wide Awake. She obviously sees right through the left's hypocrisy and fake moral outrage. What did she say at the end? Something like, "time's up!"

"Fake, moral outrage".

I find that extremely offensive.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

SMH.

That means, shaking my head btw.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Wow! Candace Owens is Wide Awake. She obviously sees right through the left's hypocrisy and fake moral outrage. What did she say at the end? Something like, "time's up!"

"Fake, moral outrage".

Point proven.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I can sort of view what you are trying to say here and I wish you the best of luck with that thought pattern.

Maybe you will have success in distorting these statistics by throwing the sex card into the mix. I rather doubt it.

But it will be interesting to see how you develop your strategy. Good Luck.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I can sort of view what you are trying to say here and I wish you the best of luck with that thought pattern.

Maybe you will have success in distorting these statistics by throwing the sex card into the mix. I rather doubt it.

But it will be interesting to see how you develop your strategy. Good Luck.

The only distortion is that done by those generalizing the data and ignoring the clearance rates.

Men commit murders at 9 times the rate of women, if you look at cleared statistics.

Saying black men commit a disproportionate number of murders is perhaps likely.
Saying white men commit a disproportionate number of murders is also perhaps likely.
Saying black men commit murder at a higher rate than white men is perhaps likely.
You can't generalize it to 'blacks' or 'whites' though.

There are also the multiple offenders to single victim, or single victim to multiple offenders issues.
edit on 17Sun, 24 Jun 2018 17:18:40 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

"Fake, moral outrage".

Point proven.

You know what? The comments on this thread are hurtful, saddening, and some are shocking. That's how I feel.
If you want to call that fake and then "outraged" you go ahead.

It's clear you don't know any better.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The truth isn't always nice. I've had to face it and so do many others. It's a part of life although we may not like it. I have to face my own truths on a regular basis.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

The OP says:

I point:

Not really.

The OP is essentially asking why blacks support Democrats.

The reason is illustrated by the behavior of a Republican towards a black man.

It's fairly cut and dry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join