It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats ignoring Black Americans and using them for votes... yet again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Greven

You still didn't answer my question.

What does a clearance rate have anything to do with you answering my question after not clearly articulating a point?

It appears that you do not understand.

Crimes have clearance rates. For example, about 34% of murders are not cleared.

When a crime is cleared, it means someone was charged with a crime, or the person they would have charged is deceased.

Thus, only about 66% of murders have identified suspects that are either dead or are charged with the crime.

Of those charged with murder, only around about 70% of those charged are found guilty. They don't charge dead people, of course.

Thus, less than half of murders are 'solved.'

Murders are the most 'cleared' crime by far:

In the nation in 2016, 45.6 percent of violent crimes and 18.3 percent of property crimes were cleared by arrest or exceptional means.

Are you seeing a problem yet?
edit on 14Sun, 24 Jun 2018 14:52:13 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Has absolutely nothing to do what I said or what I asked.

Totally irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: JBurns

Oh, thank you for infoming us of this. The republicans do a much better job with these issues. Give me a break....yesterday, when I had a thread thrown into LOL, when it was NOT, I saw first hand what ATS has become! I was a lurker, long before I joined. ATS, is no longer in the middle, its filtered , for people like yourself. Very eye opening day yesterday, and I am going to make a rant about it very soon.

I always find it interesting when those on the left think they’re in the middle.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
So that's a no.

Let's see what I wrote, and then your reply with your question:

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
a reply to: kurthall

Whats gonna happen kurt is the left is so furiously blinded by their hate for Trump that while they are acting out they way they are, thinking they are digging a grave for Trump, they are gonna dig too far and too deep and be stuck in that grave themselves.

Karma is a fikle b and ends in itch.

You need to watch that video I posted, and look at who is shouting furiously.

Oh so if black men stop committing crimes they won't stop going to jail?

interesting.. so most black people in prison are innocent?

Aside from being a completely nonsensical reply, why do you think it is 'black men' committing crimes?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Wrong. I wasn't responding to you I was responding to another member and then you said...

Wow, this explains so much about your posting.

Suggesting that I'm racist because I point out that if black men stop committing crimes they will not go to jail.

Try and follow along before leveraging such accusations.
edit on 24-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Wrong. I wasn't responding to you I was responding to another member and then you said...

Wow, this explains so much about your posting.

Suggesting that I'm racist because I point out that if black men stop committing crimes they will not go to jail.

Try and follow along before leveraging such accusations.

Maybe you should quote the post you are responding to instead of an unrelated post, then?

It makes it a little hard to follow along.
edit on 15Sun, 24 Jun 2018 15:10:58 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think you need to reread the flow of conversation.

Your response has nothing to do with what I said and you still haven't answered my question.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I think you need to reread the flow of conversation.

Your response has nothing to do with what I said and you still haven't answered my question.

How about replying to the post you are actually replying to, instead of some other post entirely? And you wonder why there is confusion! Instead of owning up to the fact that you replied to the wrong post, you keep snapping like a rabid dog.

Back to your ridiculously narrow view on the world - clearance rates have everything to do with it.

Your perception seems to be that blacks commit so very many crimes. Yet, the facts are that few crimes are ever actually solved. Do you not see the disconnect?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You're argument makes no sense.

Back to your ridiculously narrow view on the world - clearance rates have everything to do with it.

great, how?

Your perception seems to be that blacks commit so very many crimes. Yet, the facts are that few crimes are ever actually solved. Do you not see the disconnect?

there is no disconnect, black people commit more crimes and that's why their crime rates are factually higher, if you are making the suggestion that police and Federal agents are purposely not investigating crimes with white people as perp's that's totally and completely ridiculous for multiple reaons

1. all police are not racist
2. all federal officers are not racist
3. the judicial system treats everyone the same unless you purchase the right attorney
4. they would have to actually conduct and investigation to find out that the perp was black
5. your assertion is totally ridiculous and unfounded

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You're argument makes no sense.

great, how?

there is no disconnect, black people commit more crimes and that's why their crime rates are factually higher, if you are making the suggestion that police and Federal agents are purposely not investigating crimes with white people as perp's that's totally and completely ridiculous for multiple reaons

1. all police are not racist
2. all federal officers are not racist
3. the judicial system treats everyone the same unless you purchase the right attorney
4. they would have to actually conduct and investigation to find out that the perp was black
5. your assertion is totally ridiculous and unfounded

This is where your logic dies a deluded death.

Those 'crime rates' you speak of are only for cleared crimes.

Got it yet?
edit on 15Sun, 24 Jun 2018 15:19:53 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

If politicians actually solved the problems facing the black community then what else would they run on for their next election?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm sorry you are delusional

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm sorry you are delusional

You don't understand the statistics involved.

You saw crime rate charts, and failed to understand the gigantic margin of error in the fact that crimes mostly go uncleared.

Maybe an example will help?
Expanded Homicide Data Table 3 - Murder

White victim: 3,499
White offender: 2,854
Black offender: 533

Black victim: 2,870
White offender: 243
Black offender: 2,570

Other victim: 221
White offender: 56
Black offender: 37

Unknown victim: 86
White offender: 43
Black offender: 16

Total victims: 6676
Total white offender: 3196
Total black offender: 3156

Here's the problem...
There were 17,250 murders in 2016

17250 - 6676 = 10574 or more offenders of race ????

And that's murder... which we have the best clearance rates for. We know dramatically less about other offenses, especially property crime.
edit on 15Sun, 24 Jun 2018 15:36:38 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It isn't the Democrats, it is a lot of the Liberals that are doing this. They see the cause as more important than the people.

Conservatives usually are more concerned about their people generally.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What you are asserting is that police and federal agents spend more investigating crimes with black perpetrator's more than other races, all other races in fact

is it not?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What you are asserting is that police and federal agents spend more investigating crimes with black perpetrator's more than other races, all other races in fact

is it not?

No.

I am saying that deciding blacks commit crimes more than whites is an opinion, not a fact:

black people commit more crimes and that's why their crime rates are factually higher

Statistics do not back that up as a fact, simply because the margin of error is so great.
Statistics do back up that, of cleared crimes, blacks are disproportionately represented.

I make no conclusion for why that is.

What could maybe be argued from statistics is that males are disproportionately represented; very few females, black or white, are offenders (651 offenders among 6676 victims; note that there can be more than 1 offender per victim).

This is a problem if one would want to generalize 'blacks' as criminals, given that black women aren't over represented.
edit on 15Sun, 24 Jun 2018 15:53:45 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Totally ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Totally ridiculous.

Come up with an argument instead of just denying reality.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I don't need to make an argument you have already provided the statistics and everyone already knows that the majority of violent crimes in this country are commit by the black community.

Commit less crimes and there will be less black people in jail.

You are speculating I am basing my position on the evidence we currently have.

See you are trying to mislead again, you won't come out and say that racist police departments and federal officers lead to an increased amount of crime for the black community because they are more likely to investigate those crimes.

Actually you haven't clearly state what your assertion is at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I don't need to make an argument you have already provided the statistics and everyone already knows that the majority of violent crimes in this country are commit by the black community.

Commit less crimes and there will be less black people in jail.

You are speculating I am basing my position on the evidence we currently have.

See you are trying to mislead again, you won't come out and say that racist police departments and federal officers lead to an increased amount of crime for the black community because they are more likely to investigate those crimes.

Actually you haven't clearly state what your assertion is at all.

"Everyone knows" is opinion, not fact, and "majority of violent crimes are commit by the black community" is funny given that the statistics I "have already provided" show a slight majority of white offenders among cleared murders. What you're looking for is 'rate' not 'majority.'

If you aren't "basing [your] position on the evidence" then your opinion is irrational speculation.

I make no claim as to why the clearance rates are what they are. I don't speculate, either. I simply say that you need to take clearance rates into consideration - something you are still ignoring, given that you went back immediately to say that black commit the majority of crimes.

But hey, you never cared about facts, you attack people repeatedly in this thread, you can't even reply to the right post and then get all huffy when someone doesn't get that you MEANT your reply for another post, you can't admit that you even did this, and you can't even respond with a coherent argument other than "totally ridiculous."
edit on 16Sun, 24 Jun 2018 16:13:37 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join