It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Newspapers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Since the election, "FAKE NEWS" hysteria has about been the daily milk & cookies of the MSM, which they've used to cook up "blacklists" entailing basically everyone against their own all too homogenized narrative for pretty much everything. Yet these are the same institutions that have been peddling quack Astrology Horoscopes on a daily basis 'forever', for all intensive purposes.

With all the attention grabbing antics of the TV news services we often overlook the fact that essentially all the major newspapers across the US are held by the same owners, that they too are the "Mainstream Media".

What newspaper doesnt do the daily horoscope? And yet the TV MSM darlings also cover horoscopes. Here goes CBS happy to report that 31% of United Statesian's believe in the stuff (much of that figure no doubt to their peddling of this quackery):

Regarding these"Horoscopes", even IF this stuff was the real deal, WHO are the people behind the newspapers writing these things up? Is there one all knowing, all seeing individual out there writing them up and all the news are pumping out his or her prophecies? Why isn't this person a celebrity, and worshiped by 31% of United Statesians (and beyond)?

By now about 31% of the people reading this are squirming and reaching for the piano wire, and to move that along it's time everyone wakes up to the fact that there is a sort of "science" to these things, and its all about writing up a "reading" that no matter who reads it they'll think it prefectly describes themselves. Dont believe it? Well check out this social experiment by the Amazing Randi and see for yourself:

This is high level quasi-religious "CONfidence" manipulation stuff, that plays on the tendency of the uneducated human mind to fall into delusional"Magical Thinking" pitfalls.

And this is the sort of stuff the "news" likes to promote to keep us distracted, and ignorant. The same people that tell us that anyone who criticizes them is "fake news".

edit on 24-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

A bit paranoid imo.

Some people believe in horoscopes, and by having them in their paper, it increases the sales.

It's not some evil, overarching conspiracy, it makes them money.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree with nightbringr. It's for entertainment purposes only, like the crossword puzzle or sudoku. Also, the turn of phrase is "for all intents and purposes."

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If people want to see the real thing:

Perhaps the real power behind the TPTB have strange "abilities" not many people have as hinted in this thread (Basically discusses how Rudolf Steiner, an occultist, predicted WW2 during WW1 due to either his strange supernatural abilities and/or connections to the TPTB. Regardless, it shows how the TPTB and the occult are interwined with one another):

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/24/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I think also nobody takes astrology so seriously, but 9/11 affected the whole world and still does. Even now many children seems to be reincarnating who died in WTC attacks. I had thought there was no planes used at all, but they talk also about planes, could though be holographs, proutscandinavia.blogspot.com...

Probably eventually the truth is coming out about 9/11, and it might be actually one thing that wakes up lots of people although it was such a devastating thing also.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

A bit paranoid imo.

I was going to include "They're trying to GET ME." in the piece, but pasted in the wrong version. And you somehow knew it. You must be psychic!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

CBS says 31% of Americant's do.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
I agree with nightbringr. It's for entertainment purposes only, like the crossword puzzle or sudoku. Also, the turn of phrase is "for all intents and purposes."

If you are a Virgo campgrounds manager, then its: "For all in tents poor places".
Or a Pisces fisherman saying: "For all intense porpoises."

We all fondly recall that Pinocchio character: Gemini Cricket.

The predicions are so vague, maybe they are 31% true?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The Aquarius on your image (left side) looks like a guy taking a whizz... and they changed the Pisces to creepy angler fish.

I only noticed those two because I'm an Aquarius, and the person I have a crush on right now is a Pisces. Yeah I am in my 30s and still have crushes. I didn't pay much attention to the others.

These Horoscopes are useless. Even if you do believe in Astrology, the smallest amount of research will tell you that is not accurate.

I'm not saying I Do believe it, but, the proper way to do a horoscope involves knowing more than just your birth date. You need to know exactly what time (within a half hour or so should be ok) you were born, and I believe it also makes a difference where the location of your birth was.

Obviously it's a process that takes time and not just any astrologer could do it properly (that's if it is even real).

So, yes, no matter what you believe, these "daily one size fits all horoscopes" are absolutely phony and are a waste of time. Next time you come across one, read it to anyone you know but don't give the right one. If they are Cancer, read them Sagitarius, etc, and see if they are like "yeah that does seem just like me!"

new topics

top topics

join