It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you born psychic or do you have to learn it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

Contemplate sounds outside of one's head... as that's where they should be. Sounds arise and pass and are not self, some take that arising as one's own thought. When it is not; what it is? Contact a link in the chain of causation of being. All those attached that are not self, impermanent graspings that can be cause for suffering depending on volition.

One can do anything without thought; sit, stand or lay down and all falls away that is not self.

Delusion is what attaches and "thinks" itself one.

Sitting is sitting, listening is not sitting... listening is listening. One cannot sit and listen without losing the other.

edit on 24-6-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Everyone's a little bit psychic. Yes, you can LEARN to utilize it better. It's just like anything else, practice, practice, practice. But, there are actually a LOT of different skills under the "psychic" umbrella.

Telepathy, Empathy, Clairvoyance, Psychometry, Pyrokinesis, Telekineses, Electrokinesis, etc., etc.

Sure, some folks are born more attuned to any one (or more) of these than others, but that's no different than one being better at some other skill.

Of course, I should point out that there's no scientific consensus all of these exist. But that doesn't mean you can rule them all out either. You can find some simple to do experiments that can illustrate one getting "better" at prognostication, for example, or remote viewing, ESP, etc. You've likely seen the cards with the wavy lines, circle, box, star, etc. Not just a scene in Ghostbusters, but an actual example of how you can test and improve, just like exercising any other muscle. Or, you can say it's just random chance.

Kind of up to each of us to decide for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

We all know how to run. Not everyone can or does even if they can.

We are all mostly born with the ability (legs and body) then we learn HOW. We learn how to use our version of legs and body OUR way when running.

There is form and then there is style...both are a product of the reality and needs molding the one in the arena of life.

Its the same with psychic ability. Its not about lotto numbers, its about communication and UNDERSTANDING each other. EXPRESSION!

While learning to run, the muscles grow and strengthen. The legs and body CHANGE after knowledge is pursued and then later, MAYBE, after it is gained.

Baby legs become toddler legs, those become adult legs....some people will end up as track athletes, others will only run to meetings.....all are runners technically but we would only call the guy in a speedo a runner. There IS a difference between them.

So do you want to be psychic or do you want to be a PSYCHIC.

Same question, do you want to be a runner or do you want to learn how to run more and possibly change accordingly to accommodate the new knowledge?

Forget "power". Its about communicating the thoughts our words cant. That has power most people cant even appreciate. You learn to.

edit on 6 27 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

According to Yoda? "There is no try only do."

Sort of like those 3D image posters from the 80's the more you try to see it the more you cannot... much like looking at an isometric cube and seeing if the front and back can switch places; or changning the spinning direction of the figure skater at will from right to left.

Thats just the eye consciousness though; the other 5 have to be free or clear as well for the 6th or mind to really grasp or harness it.

3rd eye business; I do not force reality or break walls with such; thats dark magic business; I leave the 3rd wall and other two/floor/ceiling alone just the same... what appears though those is ignored; means that consciousness is overly attached by the eye in grasping. Or chasing something instead of simply being content in their own form; easy to get trapped like a golem or pinocchio jumping around and hiding in form as a consciousness or trying to be a part of a rupakaya thats the Hindu term Sambogakaya/Dammakaya sometimes does both in Buddhism.

Light and dark business best to not make it business or else innocence is used and lost instead of recovered...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Light, dark, good, evil, these are all just from a certain point of view. There's nothing inherently evil or dark about using our other senses. The tool itself has no agenda of its own.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Um yeah; depends how minute you want to get in that sort of argument...

Like to kill everything smaller than human even humans? Not just physically but mentally or in conversation with others? Who is going to carry you in your ignorance that that IS a YOU that is being carried? Eventually compassion and empathy will run out on you...

So be sure to pay attention to what exists that corpse and what tries to enter back in it... the reaping of so many "gnats" over my course of driving did not feel good at all. Like walking across the yard feeling a static pull then crack! as if the entire sky was a dome a mile thick.

So hey may not be "dark/bad" but it does not really feel all that "light/good" of course spinning the two? Grey area and they will slice and dice you for the table of the gods they serve like it is no bodies business.

Not to mention here's your toy on your own head before you got a more "adult" one and then started using that on life; like shooting cans that are full of "Ants" Lemme just say an R2D2 unit about 10" tall slammed on me was not all that great either.

Sow violence no matter the age? That innocent life WILL come back to reap it in a total mass effect.

Thank goodness; I was more respectful of life and too life for a long time.

Surganma sutta and The Path to Purity are good reads...

Get a cardboard box put it on your head and say all the rehearsed itinerary or lines you've scripted yourself with... until you can't stand it. Then consider how that nonsense is going to sound to those you planned on spouting it out too like a garden hose that hasn't been retracted and turned off.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

If you are born psychic, do you ever realise or is that just how you are used to perceiving reality?

What is psychic? Is it the ability to pick up messages other people couldn't? Not necessarily decipherable, but more like for guidance? That's how I see it at least.

My own though is that everyone is born with it to some degree. It is a survival skill/sense.
We all have it, however it is stronger in some people than others and kind of like common sense, some people severely lack in it.

Over the years I have known many psychics, and something I found with most was that they deal with anxiety a lot.
I think it is part of what triggers ESP.

As to what psychic is, there are many forms, but mostly it is the ability to pick up information from your environment that most people don't notice, or perceive.

I shall read the rest of the thread now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join