It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you born psychic or do you have to learn it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I see where the tide, and I mean swathes, of hivemind beckons me in this community thread. So bugger.

But next time I'll make more points, and continue. Have fun being unique...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Everyones a psychic until its time to pick the Mega Millions numbers.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Dude go to sleep...... PLEASE

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Sorry not you but sleepless dude.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I work graveyard. This is my awake time.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

I work graveyard. This is my awake time.

I didn’t mean you. Sorry guy,

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

All is forgiven..... if you can psychic me up those lotto numbers

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

All is forgiven..... if you can psychic me up those lotto numbers

I live in Vegas but never gamble but I will give you a hint on those numbers.
Try that one
Or 8801030

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

BTW if you win you owe me a drink and a burger at a dive bar.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Both. Like an artist. There is an inherent natural talent for it, but practice and repetition are required to hone the skills. a reply to: throwaway115

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce said that everyone is psychic but some people are born with more ability than others. To develop your abilities, meditate on a regular basis.

Sal

a reply to: throwaway115

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Deal

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: throwaway115
If you are born psychic, do you ever realise or is that just how you are used to perceiving reality?

What is psychic? Is it the ability to pick up messages other people couldn't? Not necessarily decipherable, but more like for guidance? That's how I see it at least.

Would drugs help? Haha, just saying, as I'd imagine they enhance certain perceptions. Maybe if you cooked your brain well enough you'd get to the stage where you were noticing new aspects of your perception - and you either shut them out and cope with being insane, or put them in context and find comfort in a new window... if you can manage. Context does wonders for fears and confusion, fallacies, insecurities etc.

It's worth thinking about.

Discuss?

Personally? Born a "sensitive". But some can learn to develope a bit of ability…others cannot.

I believe a true psychic has to be born. I was born with strong karmic perception...and interception of reception of that, and tho frightened as a child...learned to adapt and respond.

Thru meditation...learned projection to places, people and times to observe...like up in the corner of a room looking down..or another room observing.

I don't believe there are any schools of thought on learning it fully. Can it be learned tho? Only to a certain degree, varying person to person.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
ROFLMAO KEK

edit on 24-6-2018 by throwaway115 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you are born psychic, do you ever realise or is that just how you are used to perceiving reality?

What is psychic? Is it the ability to pick up messages other people couldn't? Not necessarily decipherable, but more like for guidance? That's how I see it at least.

Would drugs help? Haha, just saying, as I'd imagine they enhance certain perceptions. Maybe if you cooked your brain well enough you'd get to the stage where you were noticing new aspects of your perception - and you either shut them out and cope with being insane, or put them in context and find comfort in a new window... if you can manage. Context does wonders for fears and confusion, fallacies, insecurities etc.

It's worth thinking about.

Discuss?

Partly genetic and partly learned, IMO. The military chooses their remote viewers partly by genetic screening, partly by testing...but, then has fairly rigorous training involved. They definitely have drugs that enhance it...and probably block it too.

A pretty decent case can be made, that a goodly part of Autism, is perceiving sensory data...or perhaps just processing it differently...that most people either can't detect, or screen out as noise.

I always have at least several high pitched tones that I perceive as being heard that change in character and or relation to each other sometimes...but that I have learned to pay attention to when it is sudden enough to get my conscious attention...sometimes experienced as air pressure changes, where there is no logical reason for it. And often that signals an intuition and I change my behavior. I also have a constant much lower tone in the background, that developed over the last ten years or so, in meditating. Started in just the right ear, but now in both equally. I can reach deep meditation states quickly, by simply concentrating it.

Interesting that Autism and tinnitus have been sold to the public as disorders or defects for decades...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Abandon thread the intellectuals are taking over... I do this # with energy.

Syntax 101.

edit on 24-6-2018 by throwaway115 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
One of the main precepts of mysticism is that we are already all born powerful spiritual beings connected to others, a pantheistic force, and each other. For example, the goal of esoteric yoga ie real yoga is to connect to your atman or soul which is in tune with everything. From there would flow such things as psychic awareness, etc, because someone can sense the energies of others.

Drugs such as psychedelics can give a glimpse, but have their own risks too and people come down. Real spiritual practices such as yoga and meditation are needed to create a sustained or real awareness.

Ram Dass talks about this extensively in the cult classic “Be Here Now.” I recommend reading this.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
One of the main precepts of mysticism is that we are already all born powerful spiritual beings connected to others, a pantheistic force, and each other. For example, the goal of esoteric yoga ie real yoga is to connect to your atman or soul which is in tune with everything. From there would flow such things as psychic awareness, etc, because someone can sense the energies of others.

Drugs such as psychedelics can give a glimpse, but have their own risks too and people come down. Real spiritual practices such as yoga and meditation are needed to create a sustained or real awareness.

Ram Dass talks about this extensively in the cult classic “Be Here Now.” I recommend reading this.

I find mistakes can have benefits. An I'm a bad decision maker, which has given me wisdom through lunacy and especially retardation in the brain mostly. So yeah. I correct these faults and the syntax adapts. Wizardry of my own making...

I take medication to chill out tho.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I find mistakes can have benefits. An I'm a bad decision maker, which has given me wisdom through lunacy and especially retardation in the brain mostly. So yeah. I correct these faults and the syntax adapts. Wizardry of my own making...

I take medication to chill out tho.
Yeah I agree. I’ve made tons of them, and tried out various hippy things in the past. All things good and bad can be teachers.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The state of psychic abilities is due to past lives, some are more advanced than others. Some come even from other more developed planets. Drugs and mental disease can increase suddenly psychic skills, but they can easily become problem as sudden jump to spirit world can be destructive or confusing in many ways, one can get mixed up with spirit beings, ego can grow, etc.

Meditation increases psychic skills gradually so it is not so harmful, but even then one has to be careful as it can also cause downfall.The only recommendable way to use psychic skills in my opinion is to help others with them. The more highly developed people use them in serving others naturally, what I have seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join