It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you born psychic or do you have to learn it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If you are born psychic, do you ever realise or is that just how you are used to perceiving reality?

What is psychic? Is it the ability to pick up messages other people couldn't? Not necessarily decipherable, but more like for guidance? That's how I see it at least.

Would drugs help? Haha, just saying, as I'd imagine they enhance certain perceptions. Maybe if you cooked your brain well enough you'd get to the stage where you were noticing new aspects of your perception - and you either shut them out and cope with being insane, or put them in context and find comfort in a new window... if you can manage. Context does wonders for fears and confusion, fallacies, insecurities etc.

It's worth thinking about.

Discuss?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've made about ~1300 songs in the past 6 years, practicing a method of randomness that I found had a sort of ruleset, but basically it began with using my best guess as to what music should sound like when I made stuff. It's got to the stage where I can 'read energy' off of music, but energy goes beyond definition, so it's difficult to talk about. Basically it's a deeper understand of music, as I feel like that's key to understanding how energy works. Song compositions are energy systems and follow a syntax...

You realise the objective expression given by a line and you carry it and allow for the song to make sense. This could enhance people's perception on life perhaps... because it would reveal to them new systems of understanding language.

Example (self made):

edit on 24-6-2018 by throwaway115 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
People that suffer from mental illness are psychic in their own little way.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

It can be suffering too. Hearing voices can be put in context if a person can get their head around it, so to speak.

I had to deal with something similar. When I first started hearing voices I would feel like physically talking in reply if I was goaded enough, and it would make the context of what I was doing in immediately reality sort of minimize... really crushed the fun from video-games and made me walk in circles wigging out, looking out the window etc.

I'm now at the other end of something where I'm doing everything in my life by energy including writing... it's weird and hard to explain... but I can explain - other things! And write well. I don't really think much anymore lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: throwaway115

originally posted by: musicismagic

It can be suffering too. Hearing voices can be put in context if a person can get their head around it, so to speak.

I had to deal with something similar. When I first started hearing voices I would feel like physically talking in reply if I was goaded enough, and it would make the context of what I was doing in immediately reality sort of minimize... really crushed the fun from video-games and made me walk in circles wigging out, looking out the window etc.

I'm now at the other end of something where I'm doing everything in my life by energy including writing... it's weird and hard to explain... but I can explain - other things! And write well. I don't really think much anymore lol.

It is true what I said. truth sodium explains it better then me

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

That is some hippie stuff. Why would one want to even be psychic anyways. Sounds depressing to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Born in the ESP...

Do some Ganzfeld and find out what's your power.

p.s. And don't listen to the other inmates of the Clockworks Psychiatric Hospital disguised as ATS members

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

That is some hippie stuff. Why would one want to even be psychic anyways. Sounds depressing to me.

It's fun on the computer. Imagine words having a suggestive shape to them like a gesture, so that when you read something you pick up on a strange humour also. Haha.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Born in the ESP...

Do some Ganzfeld and find out what's your power.

p.s. And don't listen to the other inmates of the Clockworks Psychiatric Hospital disguised as ATS members

Thanks for the tip and yeah I don't judge a book by it's cover but I skim read very well hahaha.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Did you stay up after a certain sleeping pill should have made you go sleepy time?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Did you stay up after a certain sleeping pill should have made you go sleepy time?

Funny you say that just now... I've been up for more than a couple days. Hasn't affected my writing I don't think, but correct me if I'm wrong!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I recommend music experimentation to anyone.

Music saved my life basically when everything went to hell.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

What is psychic? Is it the ability to pick up messages other people couldn't?

1 + 1 = 2.000000000000000000000000000000000001
The last digit in the result is the psychic , the first digit in the result is the skeptic.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Neither. If it were possible I'd be able to do it by now.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Neither. If it were possible I'd be able to do it by now.

Well at least you believe in yourself!

I use misfortune to my advantage - it's sick, but due to the progression of my life after a psychosis, I now somewhat relish paranoia as it gives me something to work with and it's a GREAT driving force.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

due to the progression of my life after a psychosis

Instead of assuming you are psychic because you're hearing voices, shouldn't this point to needing further treatment? Paranoia may seem wonderful now, but what if it drives you to harm yourself or someone else?

Get more help. Soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Instead of assuming you are psychic because you're hearing voices, shouldn't this point to needing further treatment? Paranoia may seem wonderful now, but what if it drives you to harm yourself or someone else?

Get more help. Soon.

It's not like that. I don't actually enjoy hearing voices. But life experiences - ie. stuff you remember and can feel, steer you. That's why I like music. Because it keeps a solid chronology and I know without suffering it wouldn't be punctuated the same. Might have even had a happy ending early. For now this is work.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I can of course, in other contexts, laugh at this # and call myself a cooked #. I don't walk around in a tuxedo with a sherlock holmes pipe. But I don't have much of a self either. I base things or other variables. So a sharp tongue is also EZ.
Don't bore me though please.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I say this with a concerned heart and mean this very much.
GO TO SLEEP

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: throwaway115

originally posted by: DAVID64

Get more help. Soon.

It's not like that. I don't actually enjoy hearing voices. But life experiences - ie. stuff you remember and can feel, steer you. That's why I like music. Because it keeps a solid chronology and I know without suffering it wouldn't be punctuated the same. Might have even had a happy ending early. For now this is work.

Dude I am actually concerned about you now. Please get some sleep. Sleep deprivation is not a good thing. Mayb check yourself in at a hospital.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join